Too many steps to cover in a short answer, however basically:
1. Set up a schedule of when you want to move out and where you are going.
2. Shop around for a real estate agent. Talk with family, friends and coworkers for referrals.
3. Prepare your home to become a "house" for sale, i.e., declutter, paint, clean, etc.
4. Prepare for emotional ups and downs...your agent will help keep you from climbing the walls.
5. Take negotions on offers seriously....do not be greedy....a house priced right will sell.
6. Make sure after you accept an offer you REALLY have some place to go. Most buyers would not agree to more than 30 days before taking possession after closing.
If you would like more, please feel free to contact me without obligation.