Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

78211 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1,001
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Ron Chartier answered:
We have a couple of them, in fact, right now, I'm in my office with one. She will be leaving soon, but if you call 210-837-7378 right away or email me I can have her explain and help you get this sorted out. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Vincent Arnall answered:
I use Michael Kidd. He is very knowledgable.
Michael Kidd
Frontier Lending
210-530-1247 office
210-789-5433 cell
800-558-8297 fax
10010 San Pedro Ave Ste.345
San Antonio, TX 78216 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Momwilson answered:
Yes in an established desirable neighborhood it does
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Jana Halverson answered:
That question can't be answered without more details. We have wonderful historic homes that are extremely valuable, we have beautiful older homes that are on large lots that are extremely valuable, and we have brand new homes that are extremely valuable because of their style, amenities, lot, view, etc. So the answer is, "it depends". Remember, "location, location, location" still means a lot. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Roswell Moore, answered:
Hi Ilona,

Here is the website where you can actually see the borders of where USDA properties would need to be located in order to be eligible for USDA financing:

I hope this works for you & good luck with your house hunting.

All the best,

Roswell Moore, CMPS
Certified Mortgage Planner
480-422-5095 direct

We are a Direct Lender, Mortgage Bank where we originate, process, underwrite, fund, AND SERVICE our loans, in-house, with FHA (starting at a 580 score AND still only 3.5% down), FHA Streamline refinance loans (NO minimum credit score, NO appraisal required) Go Green rehab loans, HomePath, Investor Friendly (10 financed properties), VA, VA Refinance loans (NO appraisal required on IRRRL loans), USDA loans, Jumbo loans, Conventional loans, plus, we allow Escrow Hold-Backs!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Ray Blankenberg answered:
PMI is private mortgage insurance and points are what you pay a mortgage company to obtain a loan or buy down your interest rate.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Ana Sarabia answered:
Some landlord will allow you to offset credit score with double security deposits
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Troy Beck answered:
Sure! Just give me a call at 210-859-6852 and I will walk you through it.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 29, 2014
Alison Hillman answered:
Check out Trulia's Crime Map here:

Ali, Community Manager
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Shawn Cochrell answered:
It is a beautiful area. My wife and I lived in there a while back. You will like it.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Shail Patel answered:

Email me your contact information please.

Shail Patel
Keller Williams Realty Alamo Heights
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Gregory Touchstone answered:
You can visit the San Antonio Police Department and the Bexar County Sheriff's office web site to check crime and other issues in this area. The SA police department web site is as follows:

If you have other questions.. just let me know.

Gregory Touchstone
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Jason Campbell answered:
It has a bit if a funky floor plan, but it is workable. The biggest issue so far is the fact that the home has no water going to it. So, unless you are paying cash, it will be very hard to finance. I think it could be a great project.. and just about every investor I know has taken a crack at it, and cancelled later...

Would you like to go take a look at it? I can set up a showing for you.

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Finalist
Option One Real Estate
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Maria Gilda Racelis answered:
A fully executed contract date begins once both parties signed it. In your case, since you signed them first, the date begins when the seller/affixes his signature. However, the delivery of the ratified contract should also be considered.

Consult your realtor and a lawyer. Your realtor should also be able to communicate this lapse of time and work something out with the bank's agent. Request an extension for all the contingencies and closing, if necessary, and get it signed by both parties.

Document, document document the process:

Best of Luck.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Christine Henderson answered:
Not being a film fanatic, I didn't know that SXSW was a film fest. Hope they have more than just those 4 letters in their promos if they want to their grow interest to the non-informed . Film festivals are usually a niche market and they don't usually spread out.

I've lived in other areas that had these festivals and if you asked locals who lived within a one hour drive, they wouldn't even know there was a festival. One time I had a full set of passes for a 4 day event and I had trouble finding someone who was interested in going.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Gregory Touchstone answered:
That question would best be answered by a trustworthy Real Estate Attorney. Please let me know if you need a referral to one.

Gregory Touchstone
Keller WIlliams City View San Antonio, Tx
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Jill and Matt Crofcheck answered:
I am not in either of your areas, however I have seen this situation accomplished many times.

This can be difficult to pull off, but the easiest way to do it is to make your purchase contract (on the home in San Antonio) contingent upon the sale of your home in Utah. This means you won't and are not obligated to settle on the new house until your previous one sells.

The challenge is that some home sellers will not accept 'contingent' contracts... and want you to buy it regardless of whether or not you sell your other home. Have a good local San Antonio real estate agent help you pick houses that would accept this contingency.

If your income is high enough you can sometimes purchase the new home and still keep the old one until it sells (obviously you would have to make both payments)

You can also possibly obtain a 'bridge loan' - these can be dangerous types of loans to get into. They are not common much anymore, but were popular back during the 'boom' years. These loans are set up so that you can purchase a new house while avoiding a payment for a certain amount of time... and hopefully within that time you will sell the house. If that's the route you really want to go, talk to some local lenders and see if they offer it and get all of the finite details as they can change from lender to lender (many don't offer them any longer).

Your best bet is the contingent route - but you want to make sure that your Utah home is priced to sell because even if a seller accepts your offer, they will usually have a 'kick-out' clause attached to it... That basically means that your contract to purchase could be kicked out if they get another offer they like better. They will give you (x) many days to remove your contingency or they will cancel your contract and go with a new one.

It can be difficult, but certainly not impossible. Get good local representation in each area and coordinate it with them - you should be fine!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Priscilla Allen answered:
I think it is both right now. Great interest rates for buyers and buyers mean the sellers are actually seeing traffic in showings. If you are thinking of doing either one, it is a good time right now! Give me a call 210-215-7440, if I can assist you!

Enjoy this beautiful weather,
Priscilla Allen
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Al Tillman answered:
Average price?

Do you mean recommended purchase price?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Royce Simmonds answered:
You can visit the San Antonio Police Department and the Bexar County Sheriff's office web site to check crime and other issues in this area. The SA police department web site is as follows:

Royce Simmonds, Broker-Owner
Simmonds Real Estate Inc.

36 Years Air Force Service 15 Enlisted/21 Officer
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice