Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 78209 : Real Estate Advice

  • All36
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying18
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 441
Sun Sep 3, 2017
Gregory Touchstone answered:
I would definitely speak to a lender directly to be sure you do not qualify. I have just helped out another buyer recently who thought the same exact thing but DID qualify.

May I suggest Vino Alonzo. The best thing to do is to ask so you are sure. There is no obligation. But the thing that holds people back is 'fear'. Don't let that be you.

Vino Alonzo
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Sally Butler answered:
You need to find a property that qualifies under USDA guidelines....
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Bruce Lynn answered:
List it with an agent as an investor property and sell it with the tenant in it.

No showings until you get a contract.

There are investors who want to buy properties that are leased already.

Makes sense for all parties involved.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Marty Shields answered:
As soon as you have a Texas residence.

If you need help fing a home and help finding a Finance company let me know. Being retired military I know how tough it can be moving to a new town, state counrty.

Marty Shields
Real Living/Best Homes
210-725-9607 cell
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Justin Werner answered:
This is a great question for your lawyer and no Realtor can really / should address it as this gets into the practice of law. This is why a final walk-through prior to closing is important. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 6, 2013
Leah McNamara answered:
Feel free to send me any addresses that you are concerned about, and I'll look them up for you.

Best Practices Realty
Call or Text: (210) 379-2799
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Jason Campbell answered:
The standard form is a buyer's representation agreement. Almost every agent in San Antonio uses the same form

0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Bruce Lynn answered:
You want to check with your realtor about this.
There is no contract if you didn't sign the amendment.
Sounds like you are trying to buy a foreclosure.
If that is the case, chances are if you don't sign the amendment there will be no contract ever.
It will change the buyer friendly contract to a seller friendly contract, but they will likely accept no less.

Of course we are guessing here.....we don't have enough details.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Gregory Touchstone answered:
You could definitely use the advise of an expert lender. I suggest you call Vino Alonzo of Castle & Cooke Mortgage. You can find his contact info on this website.

Let me know how else I can be of help.

Gregory Touchstone
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Jesus Soto answered:
You came to the right place.
I can certainly help you and have a great powerpoint presentation to email you.
Your search starts in two parts.

Call/email/text me for more details so we can start you on your path to being a homeowner!
Congrats on starting your journey to becoming a homeowner!

Very Respectfully & Military Veteran,

Jesus Soto
Exit Realty Partners II
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 17, 2014
Vino Alonzo answered:
Hi Maria,

If I understand the question correctly, you're asking if someone is on Social SecurityI, can someone else sign on a long with the SSI recipient. If that's the question, the answer is yes, as long as they're eliglble. Also, depending on their tax situation, lenders can "gross up" the Social Security income for easier qualifying. For example, if somone receives $1,000 in Social Security Income, since this income is generally non-taxeable, a lender could consider $1,250 for qualifying purposes.

If you need help with your home loan, please contact me. I have 14 years experience in helping families finance their next home. I am familiar with all loan programs and property scenarios, FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Homepath, Short Sales, Bank Owned Foreclosures, etc. I’ll make sure you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision. Customer service and on time closing is top priority. Hope to hear from you soon.

Vino Alonzo, Loan Officer
NMLS# 184279
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Denver Lambuth answered:
Hello Beverly,

Nowadays a 640 fico score is needed to get a standard loan. The truck repo should not be an issue. I work with a great lender that can help.

Give me a call at 210 698 2050 for more details

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Ron Chartier answered:
We have a couple of them, in fact, right now, I'm in my office with one. She will be leaving soon, but if you call 210-837-7378 right away or email me I can have her explain and help you get this sorted out. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Vincent Arnall answered:
I use Michael Kidd. He is very knowledgable.
Michael Kidd
Frontier Lending
210-530-1247 office
210-789-5433 cell
800-558-8297 fax
10010 San Pedro Ave Ste.345
San Antonio, TX 78216 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Momwilson answered:
Yes in an established desirable neighborhood it does
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Jana Halverson answered:
That question can't be answered without more details. We have wonderful historic homes that are extremely valuable, we have beautiful older homes that are on large lots that are extremely valuable, and we have brand new homes that are extremely valuable because of their style, amenities, lot, view, etc. So the answer is, "it depends". Remember, "location, location, location" still means a lot. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Hi Ilona,

Here is the website where you can actually see the borders of where USDA properties would need to be located in order to be eligible for USDA financing:

I hope this works for you & good luck with your house hunting.

All the best,

Roswell Moore, CMPS
Certified Mortgage Planner
480-422-5095 direct

We are a Direct Lender, Mortgage Bank where we originate, process, underwrite, fund, AND SERVICE our loans, in-house, with FHA (starting at a 580 score AND still only 3.5% down), FHA Streamline refinance loans (NO minimum credit score, NO appraisal required) Go Green rehab loans, HomePath, Investor Friendly (10 financed properties), VA, VA Refinance loans (NO appraisal required on IRRRL loans), USDA loans, Jumbo loans, Conventional loans, plus, we allow Escrow Hold-Backs!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Shawn Cochrell answered:
It is a beautiful area. My wife and I lived in there a while back. You will like it.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Maria Gilda Racelis answered:
A fully executed contract date begins once both parties signed it. In your case, since you signed them first, the date begins when the seller/affixes his signature. However, the delivery of the ratified contract should also be considered.

Consult your realtor and a lawyer. Your realtor should also be able to communicate this lapse of time and work something out with the bank's agent. Request an extension for all the contingencies and closing, if necessary, and get it signed by both parties.

Document, document document the process:

Best of Luck.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Gregory Touchstone answered:
That question would best be answered by a trustworthy Real Estate Attorney. Please let me know if you need a referral to one.

Gregory Touchstone
Keller WIlliams City View San Antonio, Tx
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice