Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 77375 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Tue Dec 28, 2010
Phil Rotondo answered:
Good Afternoon Steve;
The Real Estate Agent can perform the complete transaction as far as the contract and addenda go. Once completed, it is usually turned over to a Title Company to perform the actual closing of the transaction.
You do have the option to retain a lawyer to go over anything that is put in writing regarding the entire transaction.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 16, 2010
All Hauling Services asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 10, 2011
Kevin Olson, Jessica Laude answered:
This depends heavily on what the contract does and does not say. In the cases I've been in they have paid them, but I made sure that's what the contract said when I submitted the offer for the buyer. Talk to your agent and/or the title/closing company, they should know what the contracts and/or bank addendums stipulate. Good luck and I hope things get cleared up. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 5, 2010
Don Groff answered:
Yes you can. Just make sure your Realtor puts in the necessary protective wording in your contract so that you can get out if your home does not sell and not lose your earnest money deposit. Talk to your Realtor in detail about this because the listing agent on the home you will be wanting to buy will be doing their best to lock you in. So make sure your Realtor knows what he is doing when it comes to contingencies so that your best interests and money are protected.

Good luck in your search.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 30, 2009
Margaret T. Hatcher answered:
Are the homes already foreclosed on or are they ready to be foreclosed on.
I work with the sellers on short sales if they are about to be foreclosed on, if they already have been foreclosed on a Realtor will be assigned to list them and you will want your own to represent you.
You will need one that is used to working with foreclosures and short sales.
I have a section on that on my web site.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice