Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

77353 : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Deborah Wright answered:
Landlords do check your credit, however they are frequently much more lenient than banks who are issuing a mortgage. If you have a problem with properties that are managed by large firms, you can always try owner managed properties, who may allow you to provide an explanation for your credit history. You are welcome to contact me, if you have any further questions. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 14, 2013
Jon Kraft answered:
I have a lender who may be able to help feel free to call me at 832-595-3426 and we can discuss.

Jon kraft
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
David Companik answered:
Hello, and good morning! I am local professional in the Magnolia market area. Although I haven't yet had the honor of working with disabled home buyers, the hallmark of my real estate service is that I spend a great deal of time listening to my clients to understand their needs. This meaningful communication means that I can target the areas and homes that best fit their criteria, and guide them through the process of reviewing the benefits and drawbacks of each home as we prepare for the purchase. The words of my past clients are my best testimonial:
If I can be of service, please consider contacting me to begin our home buying consultation.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 8, 2012
Suzanne Bowman answered:
If you have purchased a home in South Carolina you may not have to pay any taxes on the sale of the home in Texas. See the information below, copied from Wikipedia.

Under 26 U.S.C. §121[5] an individual can exclude up to $250,000 ($500,000 for a married couple filing jointly) of capital gains on the sale of real property if the owner used it as primary residence for two of the five years before the date of sale. The two years of residency do not have to be continuous. An individual may meet the ownership and use tests during different 2-year periods. Both tests must be satisfied during the 5-year period ending on the date of the sale. There are allowances and exceptions for military service, disability, partial residence and other reasons. The $250K ($500K married filing jointly) exemption is not increased for home ownership beyond 5 years.[6] The $250,000 ($500,000 for a married couple filing jointly) is not available to properties bought by 1031 exchange. Capital gains on rental property can be totally avoided by using 1031 exchange. One strategy that is sometimes employed is for a homeowner to move out of the primary residence, rent it out for a period of time, evict the renters, exchange for a new house, rent the new house out, evict the new renters, and then move into the new house, thereby avoiding capital gains tax.[7] 1031 exchange can also be used to avoid capital gains by renting out part of your principal residence.[8]

Section 121[5] provides no benefit if there is a loss on the sale of the property. One is not able to deduct a loss on the sale of one's home.

According to real estate lawyer Robert Bruss, a long commute does not allow a partial exemption in tax to move closer to work.[9] In an article in the Washington Post, Bruss pointed out that bankruptcy of your present employer would likely permit a homeowner a partial use of the $250K / $500K exemption to allow a homeowner to move to a new job in a different city.[10] According to an article in the Washington Post, a taxpayer can move more often to avoid capital gains tax in expensive areas.[11]

SUZANNE BOWMAN, Village Realty 832-455-7014
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Suzanne Bowman answered:
As a real estate professsional I will be able to help you with all of your real estate needs, including foreclosures and short sales. Caontact me, Suzanne at 832-455-7014
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 30, 2012
Anna Ebert asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Michael Emery answered:
Unless you have a prior agreement where the agent rebates back a portion of their commission to you, the whole commission goes to the sellers agent.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 27, 2013
Michelle Allen answered:
There are severl projects affecting commercial land sales alone FM2978. TXDOT has started construction on widening the road along the Hardin Store Rd and FM 2978 section. That in addition ot a medical center that is being sponsored by Tomball Regional and I beleive Herman Memorial in the Woodlands will also affect the pricing on any land/parcels/homes/businesses that run along that area; however, please know that doesn't mean prices will "skyrocket!" The further you are from Woodlands Parkway and depending on the size & shape of your parcel, depends on the price you will get. There is so much more ot pricing of a parcel it really can't all be addressed in a simple answer. You are always welcome to contact me by visitng my site! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice