Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in 77077 : Real Estate Advice

  • All33
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying20
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 109
Mon Oct 13, 2014
Don Groff answered:
VA requires the seller to pay for the termite inspection but does not specify who would pay for the treatment if necessary although typically the seller would pay for that under most circumstances. While the buyer may pay for the termite inspection initially they would be reimbursed by the seller at closing for the cost.

I am unsure of any guidelines for who would pay for the water well test. I would think you would want to have your own testing done but am not sure if the seller is responsible or not. I am sure we will get some more answers shortly.

Hope this helps.

Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 |
websites: |
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 12, 2013
If your middle credit score is at least 580 I can help.

You may apply online at or give me a call.

K.C. Jones
RH Lending
214-432-0486 ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Joseph Roraff answered:
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Michael Cheng answered:
That question is as useful as asking who are the best real estate agents. Every area has its own set of specialists, which may not be available anywhere else.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 14, 2013
John Broussard answered:
We can assist you with your lending request, we offer financing for both residential and commercial properties. Down payments range form 25 to 30% down with very competive rates. For more details contact me to discuss.

John Broussard
Newbridge Investments
713-777-9996 Ext 103
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 20, 2013
Ken Mcneill answered:
The best thing for the client is to find a company like ours, who specialize in negotiating with lenders. Give us a call at 281-528-0829. Coast 2 Coast Property Solutions has been negotiating short sales and lien releases since 2006.

Ken McNeill
Coast 2 Coast Property Solutions
P: 281-528-0829
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 14, 2016
Don Groff answered:
You would be able to do up to 96.5% with FHA. If you would like to discuss please give me a call. I am a broker with over 15 different lenders, all offer FHA so I can shop around and find you the best options.

Don Groff
REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros | 360 Lending Group
office: 512.669.5599 mobile: 512.633.4157
websites: |
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 9, 2015
Al Geffon answered:
Your best course of action is to consult with several lenders who have the wherewithal to accommodate your objectives. I can refer you to two such individuals. Having worked with many investors, I'd be happy to locate appropriate homes that would work for you. There is no cost to your organization as buyers. Please forward your contact information. Best of luck with your endeavors. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
VA has an up front funding fee
FHA has an upfront PMI

VA has no PMI
FHA has PMI until you reach 78% LTV or 5yrs(whichever is longer

VA is zero down
FHA is 3.5% down minimum

VA funding fee goes up for subsequent uses unless you put a certain amount down. So some people choose to save their VA eligibility for later(not use it for their starter home).
I don't see a lot of benefit in that as most people can put a little down when they 'move up'.

Personally, I show them the two deals side by side and let them decide. If I think they made the wrong choice, I explain it again. ;-)

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration =>
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Mark McNitt answered:

The answer is yes, but there will be the big question of "income". If you have no way to pay off the loan, who would provide you a loan?

Your track record will help, but you might need to go with a lender that can set up a non-conventional mortgage. Likely more money down (and all monies have to be verifiable sources) in the range of 30% and a higher interest rate. This type of loan would not be resold and the lender would keep it because of the higher interest rate.

It might be tough. I have several lenders that work with those that might need a non-conventional approach to the mortgage. Visit my web site and the resource page to find those lenders.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
If the property is willed to the children the children will be responsible for the debt owed, unless they let the property go into foreclosure and then balance owed will come out of the preceedings from the estate. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 17, 2013
Mark McNitt answered:
In Texas, likely when they are married. Debts on one spouse's credit will likely show up on the other. Not saying the other one is "responsible" in the terms of paying them off, etc. But it could have a negative impact on both if trying to obtain a mortgage.

I have a client who thought he had a higher credit score. Yet he did not know his spouse had maxed out 2 credit cards, thus bringing "their" credit scores down. This situation will not change until the credit card is paid off (or close to being paid off) and it doesn't matter who pays the debt.

This might be more of a legal question that a real estate attorney can answer a bit more clearly, but everything is shared in the Lone Star State and that typically includes debts.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 11, 2013
Carolyn Wolfe answered:

I bet the Police Credit Union would be happy to help him.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Al Geffon answered:
If you're referring to a "courthouse steps" auction of foreclosed property, you'll need to contact the tax collector's office for information. Be aware, however, that these properties are sold for cash, as-is, where-is, with no opportunity to inspect the homes prior to purchase. They're primarily for investors with deep pockets, and are not for the faint of heart. Do you have that kind of money? As an example, a home purchased for $25,000 could well need twice that much in repairs ... all cash. If you'd like additional information, feel free to contact me. Merry Christmas!

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Penny & James Brockway answered:
Identifications should be made to the Qualified Intermediary (QI), who essentially is named the "principal" instead of the seller that started the exchange (the QI then becomes the principal in the "downleg" or final purchase to complete the exchange). The taxpayer has to be very careful to identify the property or properties using the address or legal description of the replacement property when relaying this to the Qualified Intermediary. If a property is not properly identified, the IRS may disqualify the property, jeopardizing the exchange. Note that many title companies own Qualified Intermediaries, which can make for a smoother process. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Carl Henker answered:
You need to ask your attorney representing you in the BK action.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 18, 2012
Christopher Pagli answered:
Hi, I recommend Christian Babcock from Mortgage Master Inc 914.447.9691. Although he is based here in NY they have liasons all throughout the country. I only recommend people that work as I do and truly take care of clients. You can get to know me through my Trulia profile ;)

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Hi Lbb,

Try this link to find homes for sale in Lebanon Tennessee.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 22, 2015
Dane Bigner answered:
YOu can call one of the banks, but from what I understand it needs to be new.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Anthony Taylor answered:
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice