Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in 77043 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
As always, it depends. Are you looking for a job with a broker? Looking to partner with a broker? Asking a broker to help you buy/sell a house?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 4, 2013
Sherry Lucas answered:
Hi Ray,
In what area of Houston would you like to live and how much is a comfortable rent payment for you? Also, give me some detail of what you want in the home. How many bedrooms, baths, formals, pool, etc. and when do you need availability?
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
This sounds like a question for a lawyer that has more details than you are giving us.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 20, 2012
Steve Quintana answered:
What exactly do you mean when you say you are interested in doing short sales. Do you want to buy, sell, or something else?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 22, 2017
Tim Moore answered:
You will not need a license to be a receptionist but would to be an agent. Look to getting your license and then your employer will train you to do the job they hire you for.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 17, 2013
Carolyn Wolfe answered:
Your Realtor needs the address to find out what bank foreclosed on it. Is there a sticker or any notices posted on the windows? If so, write down that information, too.
Most banks will list with one of there REO agents and have them put it on MLS in order to get as many offers as possible so the bank can pick and choose, but sometimes they will go to county auction first. If you want to contact the bank directly, that is fine, but your Realtor will have access to more information. Some websites will offer information, but for a steep fee. Realtors get paid by the seller, in this case, the bank. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Dp2 answered:
You probably should work with at least a closing attorney to ensure that the title will transfer cleanly, and will be insurable.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Robert Regan answered:
You can in fact bypass an attorney, but in reality there's no extra expense to using one. Going through a title company, in essence, also does the same thing as they would have the transfer of deed drawn up by an attorney. It typically cost $125 for the attorney's fee and $25 for recording fees. Seeing as their may also be multiple parties involved in this transfer, it really may be more beneficial to use an attorney. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 10, 2010
D'Evereaux Baum-Moore answered:
Pam, you could look on and do a search under rentals however, it is best to seek the advice and help of a Realtor even when looking to rent!

D'Evereaux Baum
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 30, 2009
Dominick Dina answered:

Caution my friend. If you are in real estate, talk with your broker.

The national Do Not Call law requires strict protocols. It costs mucho dollars if you are found guilty of a violation.

Due diligence is required before you start to dial.

Good luck,

Dominick Dina, Broker/Owner
Christian Realty San Antonio
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Kathy Weber answered:
Yes you can get a loan if it's a foreclosure property. Of course, qualifying is a must!
Here's a few new guidelines for FHA:
*New FHA Loan Amounts: Need to check with a local lender in your area to find out maximum's. (varies)
*3.5% down payment required
*Gift Money OK
*Non-Occupying Co-Borrower's are allowed. (Not Investor's)
*Low Mortgage Insurance (1.75% MIP/.55%MMI) (if 20% down)
There are several other guidelines that are "new" for FHA - i.e. non-traditional credit, manufactured homes, etc.
It would be best to contact a reputable lender to go through the whole process with.
Based on your FICO, employment, owner occupied, etc., etc...alot more information would be required.
Definitely worth looking into. Great market for first time home buyers!
Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 10, 2009
Margaret T. Hatcher answered:
The owner may owe more than back taxes but if the property is worth it, pa the taxes and what ever else.
What you need to do is go to a title or a real estate attorney, but tell the real estate attorney that you want a title policy. You will have to put a dollar value on the house for that.
You at least want a title search. You do not know if there is someone else that may have interest in the property or if there are other outstanding debts owed against the property.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 16, 2009
Voices Member answered:
Vicki, If you give some details to help better understand your situation there are those here that may be able to help. Dunes
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 16, 2009
Janine Love answered:
Your question could have 2 answers. Did you pay for your property in full, or are you asking for getting a copy of a deed after the foreclosure showing it being paid in full??? To get a copy of your current deed, all you need to do is to go downtown to the court house. However, if they foreclose, the account most likely will not be "Paid in Full" I'm not sure if this will help you or not. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 17, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 8, 2010
Terry Kraemer answered:
Well It looks like it's been almost a year since you were looking for a duplex on cripple brook ct. I hope you found what you were looking for.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 5, 2008
Barry Lynn Miller J.R. answered:
Try you will have options to search and one is a map that will highlight certain areas.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 23, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
You have a GREAT question: you would need to check with city regarding those restrictions, HOA, and deed restrictions. They are homes where leased out by a facility with health care providers where seniors live or disable. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice