Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

76522 : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 20
Sat Jan 2, 2016
Bradley Nylander answered:

To be honest this is a question to ask a lender. The VA disability is a steady income but there are other factors that apply.....the biggest will be Debt to income ratio along with your credit history.

I can put you in touch with a couple of local lenders that can answer your question.

you can email me at or call me at 254-681-0166.

Have a great dau
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Lana Henderson asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 24, 2012
Jim Olive answered:
That question is pretty open, did you mean in Texas? If so, sorry I can't help, never lived there.

If not, I've lived in many great places around the country (military service will do that to you!) and have loved a few. Far and away, though, the best is the American Caribbean, Key West and the Florida Keys. A bit pricey, but well worth every penny! Best of luck to you ... ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Chad Gray answered:

A Walk Score is a number between 0 and 100 that measures the walkability of an address. According to, their mission is to promote walkable neighborhoods. Walkable neighborhoods are one of the simplest and best solutions for the environment, our health, and our economy.

Walk scores have become so popular with clients that we include the information with every home listed for sale on our website. Clients appreciate knowing where places like grocery stores, libraries, coffee shops and schools are located in relation to a home they are interested in buying.

You can check out the Walk Score of any neighborhood by visiting:

Chad Gray PA | Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!
Read their testimonials:
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Bradley Nylander answered:
To be honest, most property management (my property management company included) will not allow pit bulls as they are considered a dangerous breed and there is too much liability to our company and owners. You will most likely have to find and individual who is managing his/her own property.

Your other option is to buy your home.

If you would like to find out more information about purchasing your home, please contact me at 254-681-0166.

Have a Great Day
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 8, 2014
Tricia Daley answered:
If you'd like to find out about homes recently sold or for sale in Copperas Cove, feel free to sign up at It's free, no obligations. A detailed report will be sent to you within minutes, answering all your questions.
If you need further information about a specific area, I would be more than happy to help. My contact details are as follows:

Tricia Daley – REALTOR®, SFR
Exit Homevets Realty
2000 E. Centex Expwy, Ste B, Killeen, TX 76541
Cell: 254-423-6914 / Fax: 866-305-4398
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 31, 2012
Birgit Renner answered:
My phone nuber should be there If for some reason it is not there contact me per e mail me. Let me know what you are looking for and contact info and I will get back in touch with you . ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri May 11, 2012
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 14, 2017
Linda S. Cefalu answered:
No, you cannot. And not every real estate agent can post on MLS.
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 7, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
That is a question for a loan officer, they need to review your financials first, the other key is before your divorce is final, wuill your spouse have ownership interest in anything you but now, that question should be asked of your divorce attorney.

For the mortgage part, meet with a local and trusted mortgage broker, they can prequailify you at no cost, they will look at your credit plus your financials and let you know if there are any programs that you may quailify for before your divorce is final.

please see my blog for tips and advice on getting amortgage
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 30, 2012
If it doesn't specify on the credit report, then they ask you to by providing a copy of the student loan deferment paperwork showing the date of repayment or the date your deferment ends. It can't be an ambiguous statement such as "6 months after graduation". Then, sometimes, the lender has the information added to their credit report by their credit vendor, as part of a 3rd party verification.

Deferred student loan payments are still included in the debt ratio with conforming & USDA financing, but as long as they are deferred for the first 12 months of the loan then they aren't with FHA & VA financing.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 14, 2012
Doc & Ellen Stephens answered:
Most VA Vendee loans are done directly by Bank of America. I have done several with no problem. There is just no excuse for a loan officer not communicating. If you are dealing with a loan officer who is not experienced in Vendee Financing and who is not a direct lender for that program, you need to find out does the loans in GA..

... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 27, 2010
Jeanne Feenick answered:
Not easy, but perhaps easier than it should be. My advice to you is to get that score up and save some money. Many people are suffering the consequences of overstepping their financial abilities - I'd recommend you try to avoid that.

You should sit down with a mortgage rep to discuss in detail - at a minimum you will walk away with a game plan to reach readiness.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 16, 2010
Richard Schulman answered:
What closing process do you mean? Do you mean when you sign loan docs? That often times is done at the Escrow office with a notary on hand. Sometimes it can be done other places, or the notary will travel to you.

The loan officer and underwriter will be involved up until the final steps of the escrow and approving and funding the loan.

If you clarify your question a bit more, we can provide further explanation.

Richard Schulman
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 16, 2010
Lew Corcoran answered:
The specific question on the mortgage application is "Have you filed for bankruptcy in the last 7 years?" If the answer is "yes", you would have to so indicate. If not (as in this case), then you can honestly say "no."

Bear in mind that bankruptcies can stay on your credit report for as long as 10 years. As such, if you apply for a mortgage, you will most likely have to provide copies of documents pertaining to the bankruptcy as well as an explanation about the circumstances surrounding the bankruptcy.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 15, 2010
Gerard Dunn answered:
An underwriter reviews the loan documentation to see it the potential borrower has the ability to repay the loan they have applied for.

They review the property to be sure it is good collateral. They review the credit history - to see if the borrower has borrowed in the past. They review the income to be sure the borrower is not in over their head.

The process should take a few hours - but it can take up to 2 weeks to prepare the file for underwriting and make its way through the system,

Good Luck!

Gerard Dunn
Associate Broker
Serving MD, DC and Northern Virginia
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 12, 2010
Dp2 answered:
They do it via skip tracing, title searches, etc.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 26, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
VA Vendee is a loan product used to loan money on VA foreclosures to quailified people. The loan guidelines can be found at
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 16, 2010
Jacquie Braas answered:
Most lenders in the Fort Hood area will do VA loans. Bank of America, New South Federal, First National, etc. You can initiate the process with a POA, but you must have a POA stating the address of the home you decide to purchase before you can close the loan. Everything up to closing can be accomplished with the POA you have. Hope this helps.
Jacquie Braas
Coldwell Banker United Realtors
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 11, 2010
Jeff Kessler answered:
She just needs to sign the release. Email it to her and have her take it to the US Consulate and have her get it notarized.
I would confirm this with a title co.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Search Advice