Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in 75252 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Mon Aug 11, 2014
Bruce Lynn answered:
We have some cash buyers....typically they want to pay about 50% of the value of the house. If that's what you have in mind, please let us know. This is the ugly house type buyers situation...condition doesn't matter, no updates needed.

If you shoot me an email or give me a call I can also send you some of the contractors our clients use.

You can also keep up with prices in your neighborhood at this link:
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Kenneth "Kenny" Bebensee answered:
It will depend on lot and age of house, meaning if it has asbestos or lead paint.

Call Amy wrecking company for a quote.

Turtle Creek Realty
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Kenneth "Kenny" Bebensee answered:
You should be okay. Check with your HOA first.

Good luck.

0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 17, 2012
Bruce Lynn answered:
So you want to redo all the electrical wiring, panel, and plumbling?
$15,000 for the comsmetic. Probably another $5000 for electrical and plumbing.
Another $2000- $5000 if you need heat and AC.

Obviously this is very very rough estimate.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Jeremy Garcia answered:
jeni call me 817-891-7276 i believe you will be impressed with my rehab abilities and bathroom designs. one of my suppliers has a 5k sqft show room and we design the bathrooms and kitchens in her facility. and also there is no license for a GC, although some cities require GC to be registered usually for about a $100 and then there are permits required. I can go through all of the details. especially with dallas. its actually not that complex and they have a 1 page form. when walls arent being opened and widows and doors not added to a structure its an easy process. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Tom Greico answered:
I use and recommend Lindamood Demolition 972.7210898. They are a very professional organization and very reasonably priced. I would guess it could cost between 2500.00 and 3000.00 to tear down and remove.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 12, 2011
Kim Nwachukwu answered:
You need common hazard insurance available from most any insurance carrier.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 25, 2016
Deanna Smith Becker answered:
Try Your Local Better Business Services. They will have a list of some in your area that have a good reputation.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu May 5, 2011
T.E. & Naima Sumner answered:
There are lots of variables in this equation. For one thing the style and grade of construction is important to cost, not just for the conversion but also the new garage. A simple 2-car garage can be as cheap as $5,000, but most people realize that durability and quality of construction demand more material cost than that price will allow to be paid for.

The distance from the plumbing to the bathroom you're adding and the pathway it takes is a critical consideration. If, for example, an existing bathroom with hot, cold and drain lines is on an adjacent wall and the floor of the bathroom is at a grade that can pass the lines without added expense, then the new bath won't be more than a few thousand. New insulation, sheetrock, electrical and so on is fairly straightforward to install, making the living area also only a few thousand. You might be able to get away with a window/wall A/C and space heater, but upgrading the existing furnace/evaporater/compressor and air handler plus the ducting to make it work, could set you back several thousand.

However, there are always complications, and if the plumbing is not close enough to the new bath area, look out. You need to consult a contractor to get a better idea after you have some ideas about what you want. He can help you design the living space and plumbing to be more economically installed. It sounds like you should expect to set aside at least $20k for this project. But if you contribute labor to it, the amount could be less, or if the esthetics and quality outweigh price, then it could be more.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 9, 2017
Deluxe Realty answered:
Hi PSmith,

Your question is way to broad... would you like brick walls, wood floors, heated floors... what size is the house? Is it one story? Do you want professionals are corner laborers?

This is really an answer to be priced out by a specialist based on what you want.

What I can tell you is that it's cheaper to buy than build, today. This is why you do not see many active builders.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed May 24, 2017
Don Tepper answered:
The blueprints would come from the builder.

As for floor plans, it's possible that a real estate company in your area might have them. In the office I work out of, we have maybe 8 file cabinets totally full of floor plans. They were usually collected from the builders at the time a subdivision was built. In some cases, they came from an original homeowner who held onto the developer's package of plans, and then gave them to his/her agent when he/she sold the house. And they can date back quite a way--there are floor plans in those cabinets going back 30 years.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 6, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
You need to contact the city for approval if they state no you are wasting time and money.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 11, 2010
Kathy Weber answered:

Before you make contacts, make sure you're business is all set up. It's not as easy as it sounds.

We've done this for 2 1/2 years. It's not just a Cleaning Biz. If it was, anyone could do it.

Make sure you are licensed, bonded, and insured. Some cities may require a "business license".

Purchase the proper equipment the first time. Set up your biz as being very professional. Take the time and do research on-line and find out what your competition is within your area.

Your contacts will usually begin with local REO agents. Many of the larger companies have contracts with the lender's direct so it's hard to get in from that direction.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 3, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
Trulia is a professional real estate forum your expert resource contacting insurance companies direct .

You also need clarify the type of work you do the profession can go from one extreme to another

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Feb 21, 2010
Jerry L. Van Blaricom answered:
Are you looking for an investor that's willing to mentor you? Or, are you needing construction/remodeling advice? There's a lot of investors and people that actually do that type of work in the area. Most will probably be willing to give a "little advice" but can't really speak for them. Besides just the obvious Google, Yahoo etc. searches, you can also find people through as well as twitter search sites like, etc. Also, are you not wanting to use a realtor or are you already using one that's not helping you with this? ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 12, 2015
Sam DeBord answered:
I assume you're talking about permanently affixed bars with no release latch on the interior of the home. Most security bars do have an interior latch, for fire escape safety. Is that the situation with yours? ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon May 11, 2009
Patterson Rausch Residential answered:

I found this article written by a law firm in North Richland Hills regarding residential construction requirements for property in Texas:

I think you'll find this article very interesting. After reading it, contact a real estate attorney for answers to your specific situation and don't be afraid to ask them if they charge for the initial consultation, many do not.

After you speak with the attorney, I think it will put your mind at ease.

Good luck.

Best Regards,

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 1, 2009
Renovations answered:
Hi Bri88

Wells Fargo & Home depot have teamed up to provide excellent service for 203K loans
I am an "Authorized Service Provider" Home Depot doing all Renovations under the 203K loans

"Authorized Service Provider"

Home Renovation Services
specializing in 203K Renovations

R A Marable Construction & Renovations "Authorized Service Provider"

Mark Tadolini 972-655-8310 Cell
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 18, 2008
Margaret T. Hatcher answered:
I must be old and dumb - What are Property Preservation services?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice