Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

64113 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 319
Sat Feb 11, 2012
Leslie Bruce asked:
I am looking for a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom home for me and my 2 children within the Laurel Hills boundaries. If you know of any please let me know. Thanks!
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Michael Emery answered:
It sounds like everyone dropped the ball on this one (agent, loan processor) as the bank always requires signed copies of the purchase agreement (the only agreement that is legal).

Chances are the agents errors and omissions insurance would cover such a mistake. But you would probably be looking at collecting compensatory damages (actual loss) as opposed to also collecting punitive damages. Compensatory damages might be limited to the cost of reappraisal but could go further in collection of any damages in regards to lost value of your home due to the appraisal.

As always you would need to speak to an attorney. But I would wait until it was determined that they couldn't fix the problem they created. And for sure I would expect the lender and/or agent to cover the cost of any reappraisal due to their apparent negligence.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 31, 2012
Shelly Christ answered:
The tax records show 29 properties in Woodson Estates. Currently there are 13 "active" listings. Let me know if I can be of help.

Shelly Christ
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Ed Rippee answered:
From your question, it sounds like more information is needed to really formulate a good, clear and concise answer. In general, I would suggest you speak with your bankruptcy attorney for the answer to your question. If s/he doesn't know, perhaps a better question can be produced that will enable the Trulia community to better answer your question or point you toward the appropriate expert. I also apologize for this "non-answer." ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 27, 2012
Michael Diggs answered:
When you are late with your mortgage & every time your late that will be reported. But once they take your home on the foreclosure (which will take several months) it will show up on CBR as a foreclosure. At that point your credit doesn't really matter to much. You will have to work hard to rebuild your credit.
So reading between the lines. You are saying you are paying the mortgage in the bankruptcy payment to the courts but did not reaffirm the mortgage with the lender.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 27, 2012
Michael Diggs answered:
First thing is you have to be at least 3 months behind in your mortgage before the lender can even start a foreclosure presidings. 2nd if you are just now 1 payment behind it is time for you to possibly list you home & then once you get a second payment behind we can talk about a possible short sale. Please call me anytime at 816-863-7797 I'll be glad to assist you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 22, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Rather than relying on any opinions, if unfamiliar with the area/street why not revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, etc., then determine if your comfort level can be reached... ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 18, 2012
Marge Bennett answered:
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
Beth becuase you had a short sale in 2010 the availability of a mortgage is limited as most loan crieria states you have tio wait 2 years. There are conventional programs that require a larger deposit. Your best bet is to seek for a local and trusted mortgage company, they will have more access to types of loans than a bank. beware of internet or out of town companies that make promise stoo good to be true. Good luck working things out ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 22, 2012
You can go to & then click on the map where you want to look for a property. They have all the foreclosures.

All the best,

Roswell Moore, CMPS

Certified Mortgage Planner
480-422-5095 direct

We are a Direct Lender, Mortgage Bank where we originate, process, underwrite, fund, AND SERVICE our loans, in-house, with FHA (starting at a 580 score AND still only 3.5% down), FHA Streamline loans (NO minimum credit score, NO appraisal required) Go Green rehab loans, HomePath, Investor Friendly (10 financed properties), VA, USDA, Jumbo, Conventional, plus, we allow Escrow Hold-Backs!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 13, 2012
Abu Musa answered:
You need to find it from your local city board.Because they deal with this.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 8, 2012
Marty Siess answered:
I have a Place for Sale in Englewood Shopping Area in Independence MO. This Shopping Area has been designated as Independence's only Art District. If you have a business that has something to do with Art this is for you. That is what I meant as not a Rental but a Unique Opportunity for someone.

If you are interested in owning let me know and I will send you info.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Jeff Johnson answered:
Selling infill lots such as the one(s) described in your question requires very specific expertise because very few parcel of this kind are offered sale. Before listing it must be determined if the lot(s) are listed as individual parcels with separate tax id numbers or if they are lumped together with the other parcels. Second do the lots you want to sell make up a legal size lot that can built on per the City code. If they are separate and legal then it should be pretty straight forward determining a price that will move the property in the time frame you require. If not it will require some paper work be filed with the City to separate the specific lots and this can take some time to complete. I actually own a couple of lots in the Volker neighbor that I am holding for future development so I am very familiar with the area and the market for this type of property. If you please I can provide a free assessment of your situation that can be completed in 24 hours.

Best Regards,
Jeff Johnson
Equity Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 9, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
It will be pretty unlikely for either. A home that has been foreclosed will be owned by the bank and they are not going to do a rent to own. A builder usually can't get the construction loan converted to a rent to own either. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 11, 2011
Carlos Herrera answered:
Are these homes currently rented? Any stats on them? How many homes are there and are they all single family homes? If not, what are they?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Debbie DiFonzo answered:
Bernadine -

I suggest you contact your assessors office for the town/county you live in. If the sites you are referring to are pulling public records they would be coming from the assessor. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 8, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
Please pack the kids in the car and go visit your prospective new neighborhood. Walk around, talk to people, play in the nearest park do some shopping nearby.
Ask the residents what it is like to live there; are there 747's landing nearby and was it built on a toxic dump? Does anyone have a problem with termites and does it flood every monsoon season? Is there a lot of wind in the afternoon and do they know of any registered sex offenders? Do they have coyotes living off their pets and does the earth move regularly? Do they have a lot of churches or long lines at the unemployment office?

You get my point?

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 9, 2012
Doc & Ellen Stephens answered:
Hi, Gordon,

In the current market environment, you will need to find a competent lender partner who can advise you on the latest market rules and conditions. If you don't have a local lender you like, ask your agent for a referral, If you are going to be a serious investor, a strong agent and a smart lender are the first two team members you need to put into place. Investing is not a do-it-yourself activity.

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 6, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
Rebecka it is unusual unless you are looking at listings under Realty Trac, Realty Trac actually does not list or sell homes but takes a feed of homes in foreclsoure, the price you see is not a price but could be what they owe. Realty trac is in the business to get you purchase access to their site, not in the business to sell homes. If you see a home you like, before investing any time into you can either click on the listing agents profile and email tehm direct or click on the link to send you more info. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice