Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 64110 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 33
Mon Dec 2, 2013
Ed Rippee answered:

I would be more than happy to assist you in selling your home in the Waldo area. I also encourage you to interview a few agents to find out which one will be the best fit for you. Please feel free to call me at your earliest convenience so we can have a conversation about what you are looking for in a listing agent and what your expectations are. It would be my privilege and pleasure to assist you.


Ed Rippee, CSP, WHS, CDPE
RE/MAX Results
816-213-9362 cell
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Monica King answered:
You have a 99.9 percent chance of getting your short sale approved. I have worked with homeowners in your very situation, and I have helped them get shortsales approved. Divorce is considered a hardship so you are qualified to do a short sale. Contact me @ 816-769-1584 or I can answer any questons that you may have. Monica King ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 26, 2016
The Sherri Oaks Team answered:
You have options. Give me a call and I can discuss with you.
Sherri oaks
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sun May 20, 2012
Anita Trozzolo answered:
I been selling homes in Kansas City area for 8 years. Please call me so I we can meet to tour your home. I will give you options. I also have a stager that I work closely with, that will also give you excellent ideas. I noticed your zip code is in the northland. I work and live in the area. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! My cell is 816-651-3003. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Shelly Christ answered:
I would be more than happy to meet with you to discuss your options. The market has really picked up! You can reach me at 913-485-8641.

Shelly Christ
Prudential Kansas City ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Trisha Lee answered:
Dear Home Selling in Kansas City -
Call a local REALTOR to guide you in what is needed for the age, location and price range of your property. Their job is to help you spend as LITTLE as possible yet look as great as you can for resale. If your house is $900,000 a new kitchen might be in order, if it's $130,000, replace the dated cabinet pulls and paint the walls. Basically - Clean, Clean, Clean (then clean some more) - Declutter (that's why show homes look so great - you're selling SPACE so make it look like there's a lot of it) - Paint (your front door, anything that's dirty, go with bright neutral colors, there's a reason for REALTOR beige) - Curb Appeal (clean the yard, trim plants, edge the lawn, plant flowers in the sping). These are some basics but a REALTOR can help you with the rest. Also, go to and read some of the articles on what to do to sell your house faster and for more money.

If you need a few recommendations on terrific Kansas City REALTORS, just let me know. I'm in Columbia and have connections with several outstanding REALTORS that would love to work with you to prepare your home. for future sale.
Trisha Lee REMAX Boone Realty, Columbia, MO
(573) 999-1000 or (573) 876-2897
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 20, 2012
Marie Souza Team answered:
Try contacting your local town departments. They should be able to direct you to whom to ask regarding your questions
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Michael Emery answered:
It sounds like everyone dropped the ball on this one (agent, loan processor) as the bank always requires signed copies of the purchase agreement (the only agreement that is legal).

Chances are the agents errors and omissions insurance would cover such a mistake. But you would probably be looking at collecting compensatory damages (actual loss) as opposed to also collecting punitive damages. Compensatory damages might be limited to the cost of reappraisal but could go further in collection of any damages in regards to lost value of your home due to the appraisal.

As always you would need to speak to an attorney. But I would wait until it was determined that they couldn't fix the problem they created. And for sure I would expect the lender and/or agent to cover the cost of any reappraisal due to their apparent negligence.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Jeff Johnson answered:
Selling infill lots such as the one(s) described in your question requires very specific expertise because very few parcel of this kind are offered sale. Before listing it must be determined if the lot(s) are listed as individual parcels with separate tax id numbers or if they are lumped together with the other parcels. Second do the lots you want to sell make up a legal size lot that can built on per the City code. If they are separate and legal then it should be pretty straight forward determining a price that will move the property in the time frame you require. If not it will require some paper work be filed with the City to separate the specific lots and this can take some time to complete. I actually own a couple of lots in the Volker neighbor that I am holding for future development so I am very familiar with the area and the market for this type of property. If you please I can provide a free assessment of your situation that can be completed in 24 hours.

Best Regards,
Jeff Johnson
Equity Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Debbie DiFonzo answered:
Bernadine -

I suggest you contact your assessors office for the town/county you live in. If the sites you are referring to are pulling public records they would be coming from the assessor. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 18, 2014
Ron Thomas answered:
You can certainly BUY a Short Sale from the Sellers and the Bank.
But to have access to the Listing, you would have to be a Realtor:
There are a few exceptions to this, where some New England States will allow a transaction using an Attorney. I do not believe that Missouri is like that.

Because Short Sales and REO's are channeled through Reators, both for Listing and Buying, you should contact a good Buyer's Agent if you want to buy one. A Buyer's Agent is free to you, paid by the Bank.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Sarah Goulart Nathe answered:
Hi Kathy,
Yes, there are many cases where a seller has to remain in the home during showings when the home is on the market. Just make sure you are up front with your realtor and he or she can list that right in the MLS so there are no surprises. You may also want to have accompanied showings by the realtor when possible so your husband doesn't feel he has to show the buyers agent and buyer around.

Good luck in the marketing of your property!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 11, 2011
Elaine Heckenkamp answered:
No, a Realtor can't charge a fee that is not in the contract. You may want to call the Broker of the company he works for.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 29, 2016
scott farmer answered:
They are legit but, don't expect to get market value for home if you use them. They buy at wholesale and below so they can turn a profit.

Make sure that your agent is doing a lot of on-line marketing of your home and that your price is right to attract an offer. You can reduce the price a little at a time until you get an offer. Make sure your curb appeal is stellar and that the home is clean, smells good and new buyers can invasion their things in your home. So make sure you de-clutter.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Karen,

The information on Trulia 'flows through' from the MLS when a Realtor enters the information into the MLS.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 2, 2011
John Juarez answered:
We on the Medford Team use a professional negotiator. We pay their fee. We believe that the expense is justified due to the time saved in which we can pursue more business. Also, the experienced negotiator just plain does a better job ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 9, 2011
Dan and Elise Thomson answered:
Lina- please call me so that we can discuss. I specialize in investor properties and can help you.
Dan Thomson 913-207-6443
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 15, 2010
Betty Stroll answered:

Yes, there are situations like yours where the house values have dropped. You need a team of professional who can guide you through the process as quickly possible. You need a marketing plan that will assist you in your situation. Please feel free to contact me at 203-682-4327 or email me at
Good luck with your home!

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Much will depend on the listing/commission agreement you initially had with your agent--review the documents and make a determination. If you feel your agent was unethical, do contact the broker owner or office manager of the realty company and discuss all your concerns. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 9, 2009
Tiffany Saunders answered:
Hi there~ That would depend on the location, condition and ammenities they both have to offer. However, on the whole, single family homes have better resale value. If you'd like for me to conduct a comparison report to help you determine the values of each property, please don't hesitate to contact me. Or visit my website as I would be happy to help:)!
Thank you-
Tiffany Saunders-Licensed in KS & MO
Re/Max Results- Foreclosure, Short Sale, REO, Residential, Luxury, Condominium & Land Specialist
(816) 728-0724 cell
(816) 285-2352 fax
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice