Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in 60639 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 83
Tue Jul 16, 2013
David Hanna answered:
The liner goes on the tub side of a curtain. The curtain can be one piece (waterproof) or just the outside, with a waterproof liner. A curtain is, or has, a liner.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 16, 2013
Cindy Wilson answered:
Carefully. If you hang something heavy like a painting, it must be well anchored to a wall.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Matt Laricy answered:
Thu Mar 2, 2017
Manuel Brown answered:
Dear AANJO70,

Yes you will need an architect to do drawings and find a licensed contractor. I have worked with a really professional contractor Eugene Fahey and his number is 773-447-9687. Who ever you choose as your contractor will have to get permits from the City of Chicago do the work.

Hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
What does the lease say, when it comes to pests and were the roaches there prior to you moving in?
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 12, 2014
Nina Harris answered:
Tue Dec 11, 2012
JIM Michaels answered:
email me at and I can send you some comps in the area
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 21, 2012
Matt Laricy answered:
What is it you are looking to do? Are you looking to build place? Have your place remodeled?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 12, 2012
Jesse McGrath answered:
I specialize in that. See my portfolio below.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Tony Guisto answered:
Hi Vicky,

Areas that will take longer to sell and considered war zones would be Engelwood and Roseland areas. When you say multifamily does that mean 2 to 4 units or 5 or more?
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Bill J Deligiannis answered:
How long do you plan on keeping this building? Update it appropriately with modern conveniences so that your tenants will enjoy and your value will increase over time.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Broker Martin answered:
Hello Supper! :)
I know you might have thought of this be sure speak to an attorney. If funds are City of Chicago's hotline 311 and ask for free legal advice resources.

I hope for the best in your situation.

Yolandra Martin
IL Real Estate Broker
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Matt Laricy answered:
You can talk to a lender about trying to get some sort of equity loan, but they are very tough to come by in this economy.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Matt Laricy answered:
I have an amazing inspector that I could refer to you
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
A valid question, to be sure.
You probably have to ask your Building permit division; they are the ones who will make the final determination or refusal. This is not a case of asking forgiveness is easier than asking permission. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 9, 2012
BJ Tregoning answered:
It is my understanding in a 203k transaction that you can only wear 1 hat. If you are the Realtor you cannot be the contractor, consultant or appraiser. I believe it's that way for any transaction really. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 30, 2014
Juan Espinosa answered:

Any plumbing? Electric being done? What is the amount of square footage being finished? Seems like a good deal but I always recommend my clients to get 2-3 bids. Good luck!

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 25, 2012
Don Tepper answered:

Longer answer: The association or management certainly can. Individual owners probably can't. You'd have to read your lease or (if it's a condo) your condo documents.

Management or the association may be required to provide reasonable notice . . . except in the case of emergencies, when typically no advance notice needs to be provided.

That information should be in your lease or in your condo documents.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 6, 2013
Philip Sencer answered:
If the rehab is even basic you will need to pull permits. It's not a simple process here in Chicago. Yes, an inspector could give you an unbiased 'estimate as to how much certain things might cost, but it would just be a ball park estimate. If you get estimates from 3-5 contractors I think that would give you the same results, but with an inspector you culd continue to consult with him/her during the process if needed.
My web site has some Inspectors I use for referrals.
Your definition of a small job might be different than various contractors. Money is what usually gets peoples attention.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice