Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Moving in 60632 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 15
Fri Aug 23, 2013
Mark Malave answered:
It is awesome. Best city to live and we have jobs here!
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 6, 2013
Joe Schiller answered:
that is something you find on craigs list or I can help for a flat fee of $1000 up front buyers agency
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Laura Feghali answered:
Hello Sean,
I suggest that you connect with a local real estate agent in the Chicago area to assist you in finding a suitable rental home that is close to your work and one that will accept your dog. It usually does not cost you anything to use their services.

You can search for agents in the Chicago area right here on the Trulia site on the banner at the top of this page and click on the "Find A Pro" tab.

Best wishes on your relocation!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 18, 2012
Carol Verdicchio answered:
You have until the house is closed to move out unless you have made other arrangements with the current buyers.
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 13, 2013
Greg Zajdel answered:
good gloves, woolen hat, and layers,layers, AWD car and good trekking shoes.
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 7, 2012
Matt Laricy answered:
I suggest you team up with a good leasing agent. They will be able to explain different areas and find you a great place. All for free to you!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 20, 2012
Albert Cossyleon answered:
I know of a 1 bedroom at 4859 w roscoe if interested. What's your price range?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 7, 2011
Philip Sencer answered:
If you have a lease the rent cannot be raised until after the end of the lease. If the lease is over and you are just on a month to month lease, then the landord must give you 30 days notice before any increase can take affect. That 30 day notice must be from the 1st of any month to the 1st of the next month. During that 30 day time frame you can move with no penalty and you are entitled to your security deposit back.
If the landlord just told you that the rent is going up today....the 6th, then that increase cannot go into affect until 2/1/12.......30 days from the 1st to the 1st.
Read your lease. Call the city of CHicago if the landlord does not give your security deposit back. There are huge penalities for not following the rules and it will not cost you a penny.....just some paperwork.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 31, 2011
Bob Nowak answered:
Bob Nowak CDPE...
Kenosha, WI
i have a small moving company i recommend in the Chicago area, you can reach Tim at 262-748-2891 he is fair and reasonably call him for a free quote. good luck Bob ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
The proper way to get the Market Value is to contact a local Realtor and have them do a CMA; Comparative Market Analysis.
This is just one of the services that Realtors provide to their clients,
and one of the many ways that they are valuable.

Realtors invest a lot of money in their education and tools so that they have access to research for their Client's benefit.

Please call a Realtor.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 6, 2011
Philip Sencer answered:
I see no advantage to relocate to another state if you have a decent job here with the same employer although the cost of living might be less in another state. Bankruptcy has no affect on your moving although it will be somewhat of an issue in finding another place to live anywhere you go. Your current employer would probably have no idea about your financial situation unless some day in the future if you conclude the SS or even if it goes to foreclosure (because there is no guarrantee that a SS will be successful), the lien holder goes after you for the shortage and tried to garnish your wages. Then your employer will know, but it should not affect your job. Remember that just because a lien holder agrees to let you do a SS, it does NOT automatically mean that any shortage from the sale will be forgotten. Most banks will NEVER commit to ignoring any deficiency until AFTER the sale. Then they evaluate your finances/assets etc to determine if it's worth going after you to collect. Your SS agent might not tell you this becasue that agent just wants to do the SS and collect a commission. You need to speak with an attorney to evalute your entire financial position.
I also think you should not rush into moving. You are living rent/mortgage free and can do so for many months. Save your money and move when you must.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Philip Sencer answered:
The tenant should leave the property in the same general condition as it was when he/she moved in excluding 'normal wear & tear'. Some landlords tend to abuse the meaning of normal wear & tear. The tenant should clean the stove before they leave, but to try to charge the tenant the cost to replace the hardwood floors would be more than just a stretch and the tenant would probably easily win in court. Trust me, the costs & hassle of going to court on something like this is not worth it unless the tenant really trashed the floors.
It's always a good idea to take pictures of the unit when the tenant moves in so you can refresh their minds as to how it should look when they move out.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 17, 2012
Mike Yun answered:
I believe the answer is yes. According to the tenant-based section 8 housing choice voucher, they are portable and/or transferable. “Meaning once a person is issued a voucher, he or she can potentially use that Voucher anywhere in the country.” For further information, check Midwest Regional Office: 77 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago. (312) 353-6236.

Mike Yun, Broker
Jameson Real Estate
(414) 526-8998
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 21, 2015
Chris Mabry SRS,e-PRO answered:
They are checking for an overall credit rating/score. They need to make sure that you have been paying your bills, have no garnishments, etc. This is standard procedure for a property manager to check potential tenants. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri May 19, 2017
Eric Marcus answered:
A move in fee is just charge to you. Unlike a security deposit you don't get your money back.

Many condo associations use this as a way of recovering the cost of administering the change of updating mailboxes, reprogramming buzzers, changing directories etc. or just as a way of making a little extra money.

Eric Marcus
ESM Realty
Your Real Friend in Chicago Real Estate
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice