Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 60631 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 1,692
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Nate Buttrey answered:
You should talk to your lender first. Figure out all your options as far as what you can afford and all the different loan options today. If you don't have a mortgage broker, I have a few I could recommend. Have a great weekend! ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Matt Laricy answered:
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Saul Garcia answered:
Check out Neighborhood Housing Services for a loan and down payment assistance.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 10, 2015
Matt Laricy answered:
If your loan got denied there was most likely a clause that it was contingent on your loan. Refer to that and ask your attorney.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Matt Laricy answered:
I would imagine that means that's what it sold for.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Philip Sencer answered:
They tend to consider you more than you might expect, but offering a higher security deposit can help. They look at your overall financial picture, not just the foreclosure.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Joe Schiller answered:
you do need a lawyer after you have a signed contract
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Mon May 13, 2013
Lucid Realty Team answered:
Just email or call.

Sari Levy
Lucid Realty
877 582 4399
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Joe Schiller answered:
just go to grate and ask for michelle bobart and be done with it.. that is as good as it gets
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Retta Treanor answered:
Did your agent mark the box that says "loan contingency shall remain in effect until designated loans are funded" ? On California contracts we have this item. If your contract has this on it you may be able to cancel and still retain your deposit....... ... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Bill J Deligiannis answered:
It depends on the condition and location of the older home in relation to the newer one.
0 votes 27 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
David Hanna answered:
What type of scam? You will want to know what the scam is about, who is the intended victim, and how it works.
You need to be sure you are right about the intent, and not misreading action(s).

Without knowing more, it is hard to give any more direction.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Manuel Brown answered:

I feel this question was answered by the brokers in your first question. Start by contacting the CHA and ask them how you get into the program that allows Sec 8 Voucher holders to purchase a home.

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Geoff Ommen answered:

You are required to apply to a specific home ownership program in order to have your section 8 voucher apply towards a mortgage. It is not a quick process and there are limitations. Check with the housing authority you are tied to for more information.

Geoff Ommen
Broker Baird & Warner
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
When you think about this question;
Maybe it would better not to think about it.
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Bill J Deligiannis answered:

If you haven't done so already, have your attorney deal with this very serious issue.

The details are in the contract that you signed.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Riccardo Wardlow answered:
You can try. It would be my strong suggestion that you have a licensed realtor help you on this. I work with a very good real estate agent that I would be happy to refer you to.

Give me a call let me know.

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
630-330-2229 cell
630-470-6830 office
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
J Maggio answered:
When you're out looking for a house to purchase you should pay attention to the layout and flow of the home. Does it have enough size/space for your needs both inside and out. If you're able to, look past the the finishes as they can be changed down the road. Your real estate agent should be looking for defects that are noticeable to the human eye (signs of water damage, abnormal wear and tear, potential issues with mechanicals or appliances). ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Matt Laricy answered:
I think if you don't mind paying PMI there is nothing wrong with putting less down. I would try to do 10% though so you don't have to deal with a full condo review.
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Todd Akes & Team answered:
Hi Albert,
HUD insures lenders against mortgage losses through foreclosure originatiing with an FHA loan. FHA loans allow a minimum down payment of 3.5%. They are normally utilized by first time buyers due to the low initial buy in cost.

Hope this helps,
Todd Akes
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice