Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

60617 : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3,661
Wed Dec 11, 2013
Manuel Brown answered:

The most common and most coverage throughout the city is AT&T. RCN and Comcast have extensive coverage as well. But they are still governed by deregulation boundaries that are still imposed on them. When cable and internet services were deregulated it was not a true and complete deregulation. AT& T still owns many of the major arteries. Which service is best? That depends on each individuals experience and if all providers can service a particular address. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 16, 2014
Waldemar "Val" Smolinski answered:
Uptown is in Park Ridge. This refers to the central business district (shops, restaurants, library, Metra train stop, etc.) with the 1920's-built Pickwick Theater landmark at its center. Park Ridge adjoins the northwest corner of Chicago. I've lived there for years and sell real estate in the area for over 18 years. Let me know how I may be of assistance. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Matt Laricy answered:
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Geoff Ommen answered:
Yes. The person that pays for the report owns it (unless they sign some crazy waiver otherwise). The listing agent is not allowed to send it to the selling agent unless the applicant instructs the listing agent to do so. That is generally where a problem pops up.

Geoff Ommen
Broker Baird & Warner
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Bill J Deligiannis answered:

It will be very very difficult to find a 2br that allows pets in the communities you desire for < $1,000.

There are more options available between $1,050 to $1,300.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Saul Garcia answered:
Check out Neighborhood Housing Services for a loan and down payment assistance.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Santiago Kensel Sanchez answered:
En ese codigo postal tienes varios foreclosures , es un codigo que se ha visto afectado por numerosos foreclosures en los ultimos 24 meses.
Yo acabo de poner bajo contrato una casa renovada en ese codigo un foreclosure en muy buen precio ,
Llamame si quieres al 773-732-3100 o mandame un text

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 10, 2015
Matt Laricy answered:
If your loan got denied there was most likely a clause that it was contingent on your loan. Refer to that and ask your attorney.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Steve Caron answered:
Realtors would want to know about programs that you specialize in. Are there separating factors for you and your company. Talk about your underwritng, is it local, something different that you offer.? How available you are after hours and weekends. Talk about service, communications, how fast you get back to their clients. If you prioritize their referrals over re-fi's, since you are trying to establish a working relationship. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Don Tepper answered:
That's a problem.

I'd look elsewhere. Have you tried local, smaller community banks? Credit unions? They're sometimes more flexible. Or consider other conventional loans (a personal loan, for example) or something more creative. Can the seller do seller financing? Maybe there's a private lender out there. Actually, there are a ton of them. They'd probably want more than a bank would for a typical mortgage, but the money's there. Lots of people have money in their IRAs, and would like to put some into a decent-paying investment that's not stocks.

Another possibility is an equity-share arrangement.

So, I'd start off with local, smaller banks or credit unions. I'd explore owner financing. Then I'd look to private lenders.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 11, 2014
Jeremy Rose Mortgage Group answered:
Thu Aug 1, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
Fannie Mae is not a wholesaler so I wouldn't except wholesale pricing from them. Their prices are often higher this year as they offer very generous and easy financing terms.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Matt Laricy answered:
I would imagine that means that's what it sold for.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Philip Sencer answered:
They tend to consider you more than you might expect, but offering a higher security deposit can help. They look at your overall financial picture, not just the foreclosure.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
The Internet hands down! I have postings on roughly 20-30 websites depending on the listing. I have also had great success with direct mail postcards to everyone in the neighborhood as well as brokers open houses. Hope this helps! ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Joe Schiller answered:
you do need a lawyer after you have a signed contract
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Mon May 13, 2013
Lucid Realty answered:
Just email or call.

Sari Levy
Lucid Realty
877 582 4399
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Philip Sencer answered:
Sounds like landlord BS and no way to confirm, but not sure why he needs any reason to increase the rent if he wants to. Rents range from 2K to 4K+ depending on lots of factors like # bathrooms/parking/location/updates etc. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Eric Marcus answered:
The nearest train station is about 3/4 mile away at North and Sedgwick. However most people in this are take the various bus options that stop practically right in front of the building. The 22, 36 or 151 buses which would be about 25 minutes door to door to the loop.

Beware that this building has a big special assessment pending. Guessing it could be $20-30K for this unit.

I see it as a good value as long as someone else is footing the special.

If I can help you let me know.

Eric Marcus
Your Real Friend in Chicago Real Estate
Eric Marcus Real Estate Group
5-Star Rated at
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon May 20, 2013
Joe Schiller answered:
you must go into an agents office to do this other way
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice