Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

60305 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Laurie Christofano answered:
Here are all of the 2+ BR rental properties in Oak Park-River Forest that an agent would be able to help you with:
Let me know if you're interested in seeing anything!
Laurie Christofano
RE/MAX In The Village, Oak Park
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Hey there!

You have lots of great options, take a look:,IL/#for_rent/River_Forest,IL/2p_beds/0-1300_price

Hope this helps!

Ali, Community Manager ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 30, 2012
Daniel Halperin answered:
I'm happy to help! You can reach me on my cell, 312-391-0009. Thanks, Dan Halperin-Prudential Premier Realty
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Maggie Hawk answered:
You really should talk to a real estate lawyer about this.

That being said, here's a scenario to consider. What if the parties have children from a previous marriage? By taking ownership originally as tenants in common, each has an ownership interest in the home that can descend, upon their death, to their legal heirs (in this case their children), and this may have been directed by a will.

When a married couple owns a property together in the state of Florida, the form of ownership is called tenants by the entireties It's a special form of joint tenancy between a husband and a wife, and like all forms of joint tenancy it involves the right of survorship. Survivorship means that when one party on the deed dies, that person's interest in the home automatically goes to the survivor.

However, what happens if the spouse who died had left his interest in the home to his children? And did the very fact of the couple getting married override the original deed, even though the couple never recorded a new deed as tenants in the entireties? As you can see, things are never as simple as they seem, Karen, so you're best bet is to seek advice from a real estate attorney. Good luck.

Warm regards,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 19, 2009
Dino Patras answered:
You could do that, but don't expect your agent to turn over a list of potential buyers. He can still sell your home as the buyer's agent and receive whatever commission you decide to offer the buyer's agent with your new agent. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 25, 2008
Deborah Madey answered:
Oh, Eric, please don't take this the wrong way. I almost sort of laughed for a minute, because it sounds so absurd. But, no, I don't think it is funny for you. This would seem to be a challenging situation for you.

Have you contacted your association management? What do they say?

The permitted uses will depend upon the by-laws, rules and regs of your association. Hopefully, there is cooperation and respect for the rules. If not, the only recourse is a remedy through the legal system.

I might suspect that such use would not be permitted, but it really doesn't matter what I might expect. It matters what the rules are, and if this person is breaking the rules, and next, what support the association provides if there is a violation.

Good Luck and I do empathize with you.

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice