Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

60031 : Real Estate Advice

  • All16
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Katie Krause answered:
Hi Jorge,

That should definitely be doable. Give me a call or shoot me an email and I can get you all setup.

Katie Krause
Realtor / Broker
Vice President of Joe Guli's REO/SS Division
Keller Williams Premier Realty
175 Old Half Day Rd #100-16
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Cell: 847-553-6317
Fax: 847-557-1476
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
The Michael Lescher Team answered:
I manage the RE/MAX office in Gurnee. I'll have my assistant contact you in the morning and see if she can help you find something.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 27, 2015
Debbie Bakanec answered:
I'd be happy to send you current listings from the MLS using tthat criteria. Just send me your email address or give me a call. 847-337-2988
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
It can be it just depends on what your credit is. Unfortunately a cosigner does not elevate the issue with credit because in lending we take the lowest of the two individuals median FICO scores.

If you know what your credit score is feel free to give me a call on my celll phone 847-207-2641 or my offices number at 847-244-9301 and see what we can do to help.

We have been able to help people with much lower credit scores than most banks and other mortgage companies.

Have a great day!

Chris Diamond
Licensed Mortgage Banker NMLS: 771882
Diamond Residential Mortgage Corporation
3701 E Grand Ave Ste E
Gurnee, IL 60031
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Mike Stodola answered:
Have two totally remodeled 2 bedroom 2 bath condos in Gurnee at 1700 and 1800 Wegewood for $900 and $950 a month. Give me a call to see them!

0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 6, 2011
John Walin answered:
Hi Jenny
unincorporated Gurnee, and Wildwood have the best tax rates per thousand out there! $150k goes pretty far in grandwood Park Gurnee or Idlewood/Wildwood area. Call or text me and i can set you up with a custom MLS search engine web page.

John Walin
847 276-0120
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 29, 2011
Gregorio Denny answered:
Co-signers have to bee blood relatives for one, but even then, a co-signer won't help with a 600 credit score. Even if you bring someone with an 800 score the mortgage will be based on the lowest middle score. What your client needs is a lender that will do an FHA mortgage with that score, the co-signer is irrelevant unless they need extra income to qualify.

There are lenders that will do FHA loans with scores down to 500 with 10% and down to 580 with 3.5% down. Find one that will do the 3.5% and if your borrower has the income, they won't need a co-signer.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 4, 2011
Peter Schifrin answered:
Poor is a very relative term. If you don't know or don't want to post your score on the forum - please email or call me directly for a free loan preapproval. I am answering this in my capacity of a licensed loan originator.
Peter Schifrin
ph. 847 630 6843
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 24, 2011
John Walin answered:
For single family homes, grandwood Park has many choices to offer. Older area on the western edge of gurnee. Newer construction Ravinia Woods has a few short sales under $200k. If you want to consider townhomes you can get a huge newer 3BR/2.5BA with 2 car garage under $200k with monthly association fees.
Call me if you would like me to set you up with a MLS search engine. First question to ask yourself is do you want newer tract home or old, (charm)in a rural character area; 2nd question is do you want a fixer upper or a move in ready? And finally a maintenance free, aka home owner association fee kind of lifestyle?

Let me know!
John Walin
847 276-0120
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Dan Chase answered:
It will come down to one thing.

Do you want to sell or do you want to sell for that high price you listed at?

If you want to get rid of the property you work with that buyer.
If you want to get a high price go ahead and wait another 180+++ days hoping someone else might want your property. Good luck with that. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 2, 2011
The Michael Lescher Team answered:
There isn't a definitive answer to that question. Some would say anything more than 10% below list price but in this market, that seems to be fairly common. I would think 15 to 20% would be considered by most a low-ball but others may differ with me. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 12, 2011
Elizabeth Splitt answered:
Absolutely. You should be honest with your agent. They will need to know this information to help you secure financing and make sure you are looking in the right price range. A good agent will be willing to help you in your situation and not frown upon it. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Deborah Madey answered:
Hi Kevin,

If you don't make a downpayment, and you have no mortgage payment, how do yo pay for the property? I suspect you mean either/or??

Can you buy a home with no downpayment? Is this question related to your question on foreclosures? Buying a house pre-foreclosure is much like buying any other property, unless there is insufficient equity to reach a traditional closing. If you try to buy a property at a foreclosue auction, you wll need to follow the rules of the municipality/county where the auction takes place. In general, yes, you need at least 20% down, and balance in 30 days. That is a general typical comment, and you need to check in your area to see if it might be different there. If you buy pre-foreclosure, meaning the owner has not yet lost title, you need to make a down payment andmortgage the same as you do with any purchase. There are options for some properties to purchase with minimal down payment.

The only way to not have a mortgage payment is to pay the amount of the purchase price in cash.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 6, 2013
Deborah Madey answered:
Go to "Find Homes" and specify your city/state or zip code for search. If there are any lisitngs for properties which have current legal actions filed, they will appear. Keep in mind that the properties which appear may not be for sale, and current status is unknown. The inclusion on the list only indicates that a legal action was filed. The action could have been resolved, or may be resolved without the property owner considering any thoughts of selling the property. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice