Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 55124 : Real Estate Advice

  • All31
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 16
Mon Jan 27, 2014
Kris Lindahl Team answered:
If it is listed as a short sale you can. It doesn't turn into a bank owned property until the redemption period expires. Email me the address and I'll look into what bank will be taking it over. I have contacts at most banks and may be able to help!

Talk to you soon!

Kris Lindahl, CRS, CDPE, SFR
Edina Realty
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu May 10, 2012
Michael Emery answered:
Is the association aware that your property is in foreclosure and you will be moving out at the end of the redemption period?

As I recall, under state law the bank that takes possession after foreclosure is obligated to pay 6 months of past due association dues. But you may be liable for any that are not covered under that law. It would depend on your association documents.

First step is to talk to the management company regarding your foreclosure. If they intend to pursue you for HOA fees, then you should talk to an attorney.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Thomas Drayton answered:
The quick and easy answer Manpat777 is "yes", you will.

If the owner is in redemption then they must pay the mortgage in full before redemption expires to regain possession of the property. I don't think that is likely to happen.

Thomas Drayton,
Eagan, MN
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu May 10, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Before considering foreclosure and in order to best protect yourself, do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, see exactly what options you may have; most professionals do offer a free consultation, or if you cannot afford one, contact your local Legal Aid Society for a pro bono attorney, free. It's possible that a short sale may be a better option over foreclosure. ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 11, 2016
Susan Hofflander answered:
Yes, unfortunately, it is legal. If they accept any less than what you currently owe in total without there being another agreement in place, it could look as though they are okay with your late payments.

A good idea would be to call and make arrangements on how you're going to make up your late payments. You may even qualify for one of the new mortgage modification programs.

Good luck, Blueeyes2371
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 24, 2012
FSBOsuccess answered:
The foreclosure should not affect you or your credit. I would go with the 2nd broker.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Marc answered:
they are wiped out from the sale. no need to worry about them.
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Sheila your best bet is to contact your bank, let them know what your hardship is and ask if tehy can help. if you have the ability to make any payment then ask if you can complete a loan modification. They can reduce your interest rate which lowers your payments and they can take what you are behind and add it to teh totla you owe. If you have no ability to pay, then you should ask to complete a short sale. They can lower the amount you owe to allow you to sell the property, either one avoids foreclosure.

If you want to complete the short sale you should hire an agent who is experienced in short sales who can assist you with this

good luck working things out

please see my blog for more details

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 3, 2010
Patrick Thies answered:
If you can get the bank to agree to a short sale, it will be better for you then a foreclosure. Your credit will still take a hit but it won't be as bad as it would with a foreclosure.

You need to contact an attorney and an agent in your area that specialize in short sales and forclosures. You have too many questions to be answered generally. An agent can talk to you without any fees or obligation, but make sure it's someone who has done this before and knows how to advise you. Best of luck to you.
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 4, 2014
Patrick Thies answered:
There are no garuantees that it will sell before the bank forecloses. What you need to do if you are considering a short sale is contact your lender and explain what you are doing. If they already started a foreclosure, then it may be too late. If not, then you may be able to stay off the foreclosure and do a short sale. Call your lender ASAP. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 2, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
In order to best protect yourself, do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate before making any decision--he/she will be your best source of advise as it relates to your situation--most professionals do offer a free consultation--or contact your local Legal Aid Society and ask for an attorney who does pro-bono work--free. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 18, 2010
Lenny Frolov answered:
What do you mean? Is your house being foreclosed? If its your house you are able to take your personal belongings and private property which does include some appliances. If you are just viewing a foreclosed home and their is garbage in it you are not allowed to take that. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon May 19, 2014
Brad Anderson answered:
It depends on the bank, but if you are 2 months behind, I would get caught up if you can. It can take them up to 6-9 months, but they are sometimes faster than that.
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 17, 2010
Anthony Candelario answered:
Also, you can tell the broker you would like to represent yourself with a NO brokerage relationship. It would not make him greedy because as long as you are not working with an agent he will not have to split the commission with anyone. Also, you could always contact another agent in the state just to ask them about the situation, since they will be more knowledgeable on local rules and regulations, but be aware that they are going to want your business also!

Anthony Candelario
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Aaron Dickinson answered:
I've heard multiple stories of 2 weeks to a month but given the surge in foreclosures, it's hard to know what their current timeline is. The human factors involved are impossible to forecast so you're just going to have to be patient and check in with your closer, agent and LO. There are other ways to clear clouded title but those take time as well. Oftentimes this stuff comes together at the last second but make sure you have a backup plan in case it doesn't. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 10, 2012
Aaron Dickinson answered:
I am not an attorney so this is not legal advice, but I've always heard that an unwritten lease is considered month-to-month and only requires 1 month's notice to terminate. Regardless of the home's situation though, you are required to abide by the terms of a lease you have agreed to, so simply stopping payment is not right.

Again, I am not an attorney and this should not be considered legal advice. Please consult an attorney.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice