Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

55110 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 176
Wed Dec 4, 2013
Michael Emery answered:
Statistically, the Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors lumps the St. Anthony neighborhood in with the Midway area which might skew the numbers somewhat down. But from comparing 2010 with 2011 home prices have increased in this area from an average of $124, 000 to $145,000. Home inventories are about a 6 month supply and from list price to sale price, there's a 15 percent difference ($100,000 list price sells on average for $85,000).

The neighboring Mirriam Park neighborhood fares at about a 5 percent drop in values, although inventory appears a bit tighter as of February as days on market has dropped. Average sale price for Town & Country/ Mirriam Park is about $223,000. See the link for a whole bunch of statistics.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Lois Hinrichs and Kyle Hinrichs answered:
HI Katie,
Septics W/ drain fields are legal in WI depending on the location of the home. Country properties require a septic and there are multiple styles (conventional, at grade, mound, holding tank) that are used depending on soil conditions and amount of space available. Homes that sit on soils with good drainage usually have a conventional system and drainfield. Homes that have poor soil drainage will typically have an at grade system or mound system with a drain field. Holding tanks without drainfields many times come into play around lakes, very small lots or impossible soil conditions. Hope it helps. If you are looking to buy in WI, We would love to help. Kyle ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 14, 2016
Mack McCoy answered:
You can't "make" a seller do anything, you can only negotiate with them.

All the best,
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Marc answered:
they are wiped out from the sale. no need to worry about them.
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider interviewing in person a few agents, or as many as needed, from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best; ask about scheduling around your needs, who will choose the properties to be seen, can you expect updates on new listings and recently sold properties, and how often will communication occur, etc. Ask about current sales in your areas of interest, negotiating strategies, etc.; choose your agent with care. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Bill Wallace answered:
Hi Leah,

The obvious answer is to call your insurance agent. The pricing will probably depend a lot on what coverages you choose.

I wrote an article about my recent investment rental purchases in Rosemount and Apple Valley. Since those are townhouses they are covered by the homeowner association but I am also purchasint supplemental landlord insurance to cover the gaps in the HOA coverage and any liability claims. I can tell you those are $100 per year and carries $1M in liability protection.

You can read about my investment story here -

Let me know if you need any assistance identifying properties here in Dakota County.

Bill Wallace
RE/MAX Results - Apple Valley, 651-338-0355
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Carolyn Jass answered:
Dear Thiyagarajan,

Contact your bank in India and have the money wired to either your daughter's bank in the USA or perhaps to the title company in the USA. Title Companies handle the money for many sales.

In the USA flats are called Condos if they are owned, and they are called Apartments if they are rented. Apartments are usually rented for a year, but sometimes can be rented for a month at a time. If a person rents just one room and share the bathroom and kitchen with others, it is called a Room For Rent.

Either you or your daughter can contact me me and I will help you if you are in St. Paul or Minneapolis or the surrounding areas.

(I work for a another company that has it's center in Chennai India.)

God bless you.

Carolyn Jass, Realtor
Twin Cities Real Estate, Equal Housing Opportunity
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 5, 2014
Dallas Texas answered:
How would you know this ? Are there properties selling via Realtors posted in MLS with buyers agent representing the buyer. IF YES. then buyers have Realtors who represent them for sales as listing / buyers agent

I believe it is education of Realtor show value of our services.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 28, 2010
Thirdday answered:
Shouldn't you be able to do this on your own. Having someone else write the letter will not get you in for the itnerview. The process is more intense then just the initial upfront letter. Don't you think the folks from FNMA are looking on the internet as well..... ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 23, 2014
Lenny Frolov answered:
I think you will always find that a nicely staged home will show better in any market. Buyers have a lot of choices and making your home stand out is more important than ever to get a sale. ... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that assessed value has no bearing on market value--you need to be aware of recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, review the data and make a determination as to a fair price--ask your agent for comps. ... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 5, 2014
Dallas Texas answered:
Best review all these options with a professional who has all your financial records.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 1, 2010
Scott Miller answered:
Hi K. Many people believe that just because monies have not changed hands, there is no contract. Since I don't know your local laws in NM, how about contacting your attorney right away? Be very careful in your next couple of moves with this prospective tenant. You don't need a sympathetic judge deciding in favor of the consumer.

GOOD LUCK and let us know how it works out.

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Sheila your best bet is to contact your bank, let them know what your hardship is and ask if tehy can help. if you have the ability to make any payment then ask if you can complete a loan modification. They can reduce your interest rate which lowers your payments and they can take what you are behind and add it to teh totla you owe. If you have no ability to pay, then you should ask to complete a short sale. They can lower the amount you owe to allow you to sell the property, either one avoids foreclosure.

If you want to complete the short sale you should hire an agent who is experienced in short sales who can assist you with this

good luck working things out

please see my blog for more details

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 3, 2010
Patrick Thies answered:
If you can get the bank to agree to a short sale, it will be better for you then a foreclosure. Your credit will still take a hit but it won't be as bad as it would with a foreclosure.

You need to contact an attorney and an agent in your area that specialize in short sales and forclosures. You have too many questions to be answered generally. An agent can talk to you without any fees or obligation, but make sure it's someone who has done this before and knows how to advise you. Best of luck to you.
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 4, 2014
Patrick Thies answered:
There are no garuantees that it will sell before the bank forecloses. What you need to do if you are considering a short sale is contact your lender and explain what you are doing. If they already started a foreclosure, then it may be too late. If not, then you may be able to stay off the foreclosure and do a short sale. Call your lender ASAP. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 2, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
In order to best protect yourself, do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate before making any decision--he/she will be your best source of advise as it relates to your situation--most professionals do offer a free consultation--or contact your local Legal Aid Society and ask for an attorney who does pro-bono work--free. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 4, 2014
Dan Chase answered:
If you have a big enough income. Buy another house and rent this one out. That way you have some income from rent to help pay this off. AND you get the house you want to live in.

I would check to see how much rent you can get for this house and how much of the payment it would cover. The advantage of renting is in time the house will be paid off, at least partially by a renter. The disadvantage is the rent may be to low for your expenses and you have to deal with a renter and still manage the maintenance of the house. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
For accurate advice, do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and see exactly what options you may have.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 12, 2010
Georgina Villa O'Bryan answered:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search Advice