Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

55021 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 4
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Elizabeth Fuller answered:
Jennie - sometimes places appear to fall off the grid - I had one like that to deal with in Chaska. As it turned out, the property ownership dated back to a post civil war land grant and had remained in the same family. I sold it for the owners, then I had to get death certificates to show the chain of ownership and a wonderful woman iin Carver County property records office made a new abstract. Sometimes these have to registered by Torrens. Check the chain of title on adjacent properties. You sometimes have to be a property detective and it sounds as if you have!! Sometimes these properties are part of an estate and heirs may not even know! Liz, 612-986-4105 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Cameron Piper answered:

Call a title company. Have them research the title and find out who currently owns the property. Contact that person and make them an offer. The issue you may run into is that large national banks will have trouble knowing which department or person you should talk to about the sale of that property. Good luck!!

Cameron Piper
Coldwell Banker Burnet
licensed MN Broker
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
When it comes to any crime concerns, for accurate and up to the minute information, do contact/visit with the local authorities and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 10, 2009
Aaron Dickinson answered:
You might be able to get a personal loan or something like an RV loan but because the home is not on a piece of owned property, it is very likely no one will give you a traditional mortgage. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice