Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

53711 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 176
Wed Apr 30, 2014
Alex Saloutos answered:
I lived on Odana Road for about 15 years and didn't have any problem with the noise. With issues like this it is best to visit the property and see for yourself. What may be an issue for one person may not be an issue for another person, so I would not base your purchase decision on the opinion of others. With sound, when you're in a actually in a home your awareness of noise outside the home may be a lot different than what you might think it will sound like. Visit the property at key times and see for yourself. Then you can make an informed decision. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 5, 2017
Don Tepper answered:
Replace the carpet.

Yes, I know some will argue that the new buyer won't like the color or style. Tough. It'll show much better, and will likely be more appealing to more people.

Besides, an older carpet can suggest that other areas of the house are older and need replacement, too. That may be true(!), but you don't want to lead buyers in that direction.

Also, people want homes to be in move-in shape. They don't want to buy a house and then have to embark on a series of upgrades.

You don't have to get top-of-the-line carpet. Just something neutral and acceptable.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 14, 2013
tyricajackson asked:
Theres no phone # listed

This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 22, 2014
Alex Saloutos answered:
Yes, you could sign a listing contract. The short story is you would be obligated to pay the listing broker if they earned their compensation under the terms of the agreement. However, if another party also has title in the property, they would need to sign the sales contract (Offer) and closing documents. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 18, 2014
Eric D Lenz answered:
If you have enough equity in the land, that can be your down payment. Good luck!
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 22, 2014
Bill E answered:
buckle come the explanations.

Read the Listing Contract. Focus on the part about "Extension of Listing"
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Judy Braund answered:
Are you the Realtor, friend, neighbor of the owner of the property? If you are the realtor, always be honest. If I was the Buyer, I would want to know. You may have to prove how you know of these defects, are they from reliable sources?. Judy Braund
Keller Williams Crossroads, Madison, WI
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Regret to hear of your situation.

You are not likely to get sued, but more likely to loose your Earnest
deposit, in the event you have removed all your contingencies.
If you have not done so, then you have a great chance of backing out
of the contract.

You may also want to check with your partner's employer if they can
keep him on the job till you close the deal. As to get a Home Loan you
need to have a Job, to qualify.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 22, 2014
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Janelle,

You can always ask the seller to complete the repairs (in writing) but they don't have to. Talk to your Realtor about requesting repairs. If you ask and the seller says 'no', you can do them yourself (if allowed by your lender) or cancel contract. However, if the seller won't do them think really hard if you want a house with safety issues and mold.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 12, 2013
David Mays answered:

Utilities (gas & electric) and water all depend on usage, but if you're one person as opposed to a 5-member family, a good estimate for those would be $150/month. Add in phone, internet and TV and that's probably another $80-$125. The utilities are public so if before you purchase a house, I would check those out. The other items can be bundled to save money but they're still a sizable cost to monthly housing, even if you ditch the landline for cellular ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 22, 2014
Mark Gladue answered:

Great question. It all depends on what neighborhood you are in as the 53705 zip code is very popular. It was also be dependent upon what you need in terms of selling price. It is always a good idea to make sure a home is primed and ready for the market, but if you think the next owner will do a lot of this it may not be worth the headache and hassle.

I would be happy to come over and assess the property if you would like. Feel free to call or e-mail me and I will be happy to schedule a time with you.

Mark Gladue
... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 22, 2012
Rich Moen answered:
if you plan to live there a number of years do it for yourself. Stictly speaking for resale i would not suggest the change. Good luck.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 15, 2012
Jerry Jacobe asked:
Sun Jan 17, 2016
Rick Lyngaas answered:
Hi Kim: There are units available in Weston Place, some on the resale market and some brand new. What kind of information are you specifically looking for. I am happy to gather whatever you need. Just give me a call at 608-217-4719 ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 15, 2014
Crystal Schliefer answered:
I would say Craigslist however I do believe the Metropolitan Place rents some of there units. You could always see if someone would be interested in a lease to own .
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 2, 2013
Karen Berg answered:
If you are looking to purchase a home, the search area for that zip code is "E05". I would be happy to pull up listings and send them via e-mail, if you are interested. Thank you.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 22, 2014
Ron Thomas answered:
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous questions ever!

Why would you WANT to?
This is undoubtedly grounds for litigation.
What are you accomplishing?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Bill E answered:
don't wait by your computer waiting for the email that may never come

Realtors get paid a commission to sell a property. IF (big "if") there is a commission for renting a property, it could be considered 'gas money'. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Mike Gordon answered:
I am a campus area landlord. If you are transferring in for 2nd semester beginning 1/2013 there won't be many availabilities, but what you find you will get a good price on . We begin renting for the fall 2013 semester (8/15-2013 -8/14/2014) on November 15 2012, so if you are looking for that school year, you need to be ready to start looking on November 15th. Find rentals here: ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Tom Mikel answered:
While we are all real estate professionals, this is a question that you need to present to your attorney.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search Advice