Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in 49507 : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 122
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Pete Bruinsma answered:
You'll need to talk to a lender about this. Try:
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Carlos Hernandez answered:
A land contract may be an option for you if you have a minimum of $5000 down. Our office has several land contract options and investors willing to purchase a home for resale on a land contract. Contact us for more options. It is also a good idea to contact a lender to check that a mortgage is not an option. With the $3000 first-time home buyer credit, it is worth the time. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Jim King answered:
Hello Felicia,

The short answer is that you shouldn't have a problem with those numbers, assuming you haven't filed for bankruptcy recently or anything like that. The longer answer is that you need to get pre-qualified for the loan.

Your first step is to talk to a lender. If you want a couple suggestions on who to talk to, I can help there, but this is not a decision to stress over at this point. Just call somebody, whether its someone who has been recommended or just someone at the bank you normally use. Online forms are convenient, but you'll get better service if you get a human on the phone. Your primary goal here is to get pre-qualified for a loan. Your secondary goal is to learn about the different types of loans available to you. From there, a lender can explain what those types (conventional, FHA, VA, MSHDA, etc.) mean for the amount of down payment you can expect to make and what your monthly payments will look like. I can explain the basics to you, but a good lender will do a much better job, which is to be expected.

Why do you need to get pre-qualified? There are a few reasons. From my perspective as a Realtor, I want both you and I to know how much house you can afford before I show you homes. The last thing I want to happen is to let you fall in love with something that you just can't afford. Also, it shows sellers that you are serious. With any offer that I submit, I will include a copy of your prequalification letter to let the seller know that you are most likely going to receive the financing necessary to actually get through closing. Lastly, it's just so easy to get prequalified that there's really no reason NOT to do it. A good lender can get you prequalified in less than 24 hours, sometimes in an afternoon, sometimes WHILE YOU WAIT!

Have some basic information ready when you call, especially accurate figures concerning your income and your current debts. It's really quite painless.

So go talk to a lender. Even if you're not sure you are ready to buy right now, it's so easy to do that you should still do it just to figure out where you stand. You may find that you have some work to do on your credit, or you may find that you're a better candidate for a loan than you thought. Either way, you're good to go.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 21, 2016
Kenneth Burrows answered:
Yes you shouldn't have any issues unless there are open collections on your credit (which would need to be paid). There are many lenders that will finance above 620 scores. I would suggest contacting a local mortgage broker that has many options. That way you don't get your credit pulled by many banks trying to find a home and then your credit drops. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 3, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Beau Otis answered:

There certainly are homes available in Kenowa Hill School District and I would be happy to help you in your home search. Feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss specifically what it is your looking for and how to begin the home search/purchase process. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Beau Otis

Realtor - ABR, SFR Certified
Keller Williams Realty
Phone: 616-401-8880
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Tracy Robinson answered:
Hello Danielle

Not sure what you mean by she is into real estate but not sales. If you want the real down low on buying a house hire a license real estate agent and go to lunch with your friend who is into real estate but not sales. You can even ask your friend for an referral from her company. Even if a agent does not have alot of experience...number one they have taken the test and are legally able to practice and sell real estate. A new agent can and will for the most part ask their broker who is responsible for the new agent actions or a agent who has been in the business for fifteen and above years or a top producing agent are sources that a new agent can rely on to get the answers needed so the transaction can be serviced for you as if the top producer or more experienced agent had the transaction from beginning to end. Everybody starts somewhere and it's done more often then not. Some offices has an mentoring program where the experience agent will walk the new agent for the first few transaction or until the new agent is comfortable performing on (new agent) their own. A referral fee is sometimes involved which comes out of the new agent commissions.

Tracy Robinson-Realtor
62 South Main Street
Yardley, Pa 19067
Office: 215-493-0200 ext 1087
Direct: 267-395-0251
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Trisha Cornelius answered:

How bad is "bad credit"? If you have good reasons for being behind on your bills, and it was a temporary situation, many times a good lender can guide you towards making the correct steps that can get your credit back on track in a few months. There are also some very good credit repair companies who can work closely with you towards your goal of homeownership. I'd be happy to talk with you and refer you to the lenders that I know do a great job with these kinds of issues. Unfortunately, there are no programs that will allow you to purchase a home today with bad credit, understandably, I think. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Jake Peterson answered:

It sounds as if you may qualify for a Rural Development loan. This is a 0 down loan. If you have a couple minutes you can give me a call at 616-706-7606 and I can go over this program with you.

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 17, 2016
Jake Peterson answered:
I have a great contact at Founders Bank in Grand Rapids, they specialize in jumbo loans in the Grand Rapids area. I would be happy to assist you in the research of this and helping you find the right house. Give me a call at 616-706-7606 or email at so I can gather a little more info from you and I will talk to him about your situation first thing on Monday morning.

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Thomas Girardot answered:
You can get an FHA Loan down to a 580 score. Certain criteria must be met though. Email me back at for details.

0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Jake Peterson answered:
I have a contact with a credit union who may be able to help. You can reach me at 616-706-7606 if you would like more info.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Annette Lawrence answered:
Hello Hperterp,
Over on the other tread there is a seller asking, "How can I motivate the buyer to come closer to our price?"

Every buyers believes the paid to much.
Every seller believes they sold too low.
Not much has changed.

If you can find an equivalent home for a lower price, buy it.
If not, you may need to understand, things are rarely as 'clear' as we want to believe.

If you are a real negotiator, determine the sellers 5,6 and 7 and focus on these REAL reasons to sell to you today, at your offered purchase price.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Pete Bruinsma answered:
This sounds like a complicated issue that deserves the attention of an attorney. The simple answer here is that if you do have an executed land contract, the contract must first be resolved or dissolved either willingly in writing, or through foreclosure or forfeiture. Once that is resolved, the eviction process starts if the occupants still remain. A real estate attorney should be contacted, in my opinion. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 6, 2012
Brek Schutten answered:
I would be happy to set up a search for you if you would like to contact me.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Jc asked:
On our GFE for an FHA Streamline loan refinance the upfront mortgage premium should only be $13.56 due to new FHA guidelines but bank estimates $2,373.00. Also charging us for an apprai...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 31, 2012
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi brendy102690,

You need to let your Realtor and HUD know the change in your situation - you don't want to have the potential of being charged with Fraud.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Beau Otis answered:

I like the following two title companies. If I can help with any other real estate related questions, feel free to contact me directly. Best of luck!

Sun Title:
Midstate Title:


Beau Otis - Realtor
Keller Williams Realty of Grand Rapids
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Brek Schutten answered:
Having family and clients that work in healthcare in the area, I would be glad to help you find what you are looking for. Feel free to contact me directly and we can get the search started. Thanks! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Community Choice Realty answered:
Yes you can purchase a home have to wait 2 yrs after a bankruptcy and three yrs after a foreclosure....criteria varys from bank to bank . Go to a credit union or a mortgage broker if your choice of bank gives you a hard time. I usually send my clients to Peoples Trust Bank that have had similar problems. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6
Search Advice