Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

49503 : Real Estate Advice

  • All8
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 217
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Jake Peterson answered:

It sounds as if you may qualify for a Rural Development loan. This is a 0 down loan. If you have a couple minutes you can give me a call at 616-706-7606 and I can go over this program with you.

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 17, 2016
Jake Peterson answered:
I have a great contact at Founders Bank in Grand Rapids, they specialize in jumbo loans in the Grand Rapids area. I would be happy to assist you in the research of this and helping you find the right house. Give me a call at 616-706-7606 or email at so I can gather a little more info from you and I will talk to him about your situation first thing on Monday morning.

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Thomas Girardot answered:
You can get an FHA Loan down to a 580 score. Certain criteria must be met though. Email me back at for details.

0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Jake Peterson answered:
I have a contact with a credit union who may be able to help. You can reach me at 616-706-7606 if you would like more info.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Annette Lawrence answered:
Hello Hperterp,
Over on the other tread there is a seller asking, "How can I motivate the buyer to come closer to our price?"

Every buyers believes the paid to much.
Every seller believes they sold too low.
Not much has changed.

If you can find an equivalent home for a lower price, buy it.
If not, you may need to understand, things are rarely as 'clear' as we want to believe.

If you are a real negotiator, determine the sellers 5,6 and 7 and focus on these REAL reasons to sell to you today, at your offered purchase price.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 25, 2012
Pete Bruinsma answered:
This sounds like a complicated issue that deserves the attention of an attorney. The simple answer here is that if you do have an executed land contract, the contract must first be resolved or dissolved either willingly in writing, or through foreclosure or forfeiture. Once that is resolved, the eviction process starts if the occupants still remain. A real estate attorney should be contacted, in my opinion. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 6, 2012
Brek Schutten answered:
I would be happy to set up a search for you if you would like to contact me.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Jc asked:
On our GFE for an FHA Streamline loan refinance the upfront mortgage premium should only be $13.56 due to new FHA guidelines but bank estimates $2,373.00. Also charging us for an apprai...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Terry McCarley answered:
I would recommend you speak with a real estate attorney. Signing incorrect paperwork sounds extremely risky to me.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Sep 2, 2012
Pam Bava answered:
I'm not sure what you mean by dark orange. If you want information about crime I suggest you contact the local police department in the communty. They would be able to give you current information.

Thanks for using Trulia
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 31, 2012
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi brendy102690,

You need to let your Realtor and HUD know the change in your situation - you don't want to have the potential of being charged with Fraud.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Beau Otis answered:

I like the following two title companies. If I can help with any other real estate related questions, feel free to contact me directly. Best of luck!

Sun Title:
Midstate Title:


Beau Otis - Realtor
Keller Williams Realty of Grand Rapids
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 29, 2012
Brek Schutten answered:
Having family and clients that work in healthcare in the area, I would be glad to help you find what you are looking for. Feel free to contact me directly and we can get the search started. Thanks! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Community Choice Realty answered:
Yes you can purchase a home have to wait 2 yrs after a bankruptcy and three yrs after a foreclosure....criteria varys from bank to bank . Go to a credit union or a mortgage broker if your choice of bank gives you a hard time. I usually send my clients to Peoples Trust Bank that have had similar problems. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 8, 2012
Brek Schutten answered:
I know the area fairly well, and I would glad to help you find an answer to this question, but the reality is that everybody has a different idea of what a family-oriented area is. The best I can do for you is to direct you to a site that maps crimes for the Grand Rapids Area. You can choose which crimes you would like to view for which dates and determine if the level of crime is acceptable for you and your family. I would definitely try to compare the subject area to a different area that you might know more about. I have placed the link below. Let me know if you need more help figuring it out or if I can help somehow in your home buying process. Thanks! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
David Feinberg answered:
If you are cuurently employed, and can prove your income with paystubs, bank statements, and the past 2yrs of IRS filed tax returns, you should be VERY close to being able to buy. Your credit score can be boosted by paying or correcting a few things like collections acct.'s or credit card balances, etc...a local mortgage lender who helps clients get a credit repair is the best way to go. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 1, 2012
Michael Yablonsky answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 30, 2012
Brek Schutten answered:
There is not enough information here to give you a definite answer. Your lender should be able to tell you if this will be an issue. Your lender should have given you a preapproval based on the information you gave him/her, and therefore if the situation has not changed, you should not have much of an issue with underwriting, but I guess I don't know your full situation. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Jason Churchill answered:
The mortgage company you use will need to be licensed in the state that you are planning on purchasing in. If you would like some names i would be glad to supply them for you. 616-264-3606. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 1, 2013
Brek Schutten answered:
It is going to be difficult to get conventional or FHA financing for some time because the bankruptcy and foreclosure will prevent it for years regardless of your credit score. Your best option at this point would be a land contract or a lease with the option to purchase. If you would like more information on these options, contact me directly and we can figure out what would work for you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice