Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 46808 : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Fri Feb 15, 2013
aperlich answered:
Hi Eric,

Saw that you may be looking for a home in Columbia City? We have a home that we are going to be listing in Churubusco which is approx 10 mi east of Columbia City. It is a very nice home on two acres, 6years old, custom built. If you have any interest let me know and I will give you more details. Thanks, Amy
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 3, 2013
CBRWG answered:
Hi Dawn,
Trulia does not support For Sale By Owner properties. You need to be listed with a Realtor to have a your home appear on Trulia. Please contact me and I can place you with the very best Coldwell Banker REALTOR for your neighborhood.
Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
I have stared at your question for a long time, and I cannot figure it out.
The only part that I CAN answer, is;
No you cannot list your house on Trulia, your Realtor has to do that.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
You need to have your listing agent complete a new broker priceopinion, you need to assess what your house is worth in todays market and make sure your house is priced at or just below market value. That is the first step. The question is why isnt your listing agent getting feeback on the other 19 showings. it is important to know how buyers feel so you know what to do about it, good luck with your sale ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 22, 2011
Jennifer Blanchard answered:
Hi Alan,
Trulia does not support For Sale By Owner properties. You need to be listed with a realtor to have a for sale listing on Trulia.
Good Luck!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 22, 2011
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
I don't know the local laws, however, I know this can be an issue for the buyer. They will not be able to get an FHA backed mortgage unless they go for an FHA 203K mortgage. You may want to see if you can find a realtor who is an FHA 203K specialist. Look for someone at The problem is, otherwise, you will be limited to people who are eligible for either a conventional mortgage or paying cash. It eliminates a huge pool of buyers. If local ordinances and so on permit, you may still be able to sell the home, but expect buyers to want a discount. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 9, 2011
Edward D. Tobey answered:
If you do a land contract, you have sold it. Buyer gives you a down payment and monthly payments
with interest. When paid in full he gets a deed from seller. You can put a balloon clause in the contract which
calls for the buyer to pay off or refinance within a certain period of time, for example 2 or 3 years.
Interest rate is always more than a bank would charge. It can be a good solution for you if the buyer is
good. Don't do it without a REALTOR or attorney. Check buyer's credit before committing to a land contract.
Renting with an option to buy is totally different. This is not a sale and the renter has no obligation to buy.
If you rent, it gives you an income. Adding an option to buy limits your ability to sell until the option period runs out. If you include an option to buy, make it for a limited period of time.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 9, 2011
Darren Schortgen answered:
Can you clarify your question, please. Are you saying that the seller is purchasing the home via land contract and wishes to sell?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 3, 2012
Philip Roy answered:
Hello Mr. Lewis,

In this market, in my opinion, I think that it would be very wise to purchase with cash and I do not think that there are any cons. If you had good credit there might be a couple cons by not being able to take advantage of leverage at low interest rates. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 17, 2010
Courtney Bontempo answered:
Why wouldnt you want to compensate your agent if he/she does in fact sell your home? Your agent should have had you sign the extension, as in Indiana only contracts that are signed are binding. However, as a Realtor myself, I dont think you fully understand that your agent works on commission only. There is no hourly wage, salary etc... Your essentially asking how to do I use a Realtors services without paying him/her for their labor. If you feel your agent hasnt properly represented you or met your expectations, then at this point your able to seek out other agents or do a FSBO. I wouldnt recommend that you continue to lead on your current agent, if in the end your plan is to stiff him/her on a commission. Would you like to go to work for the next couple of weeks, to then have your employer tell you, well you know, you didnt fill out this employement form correctly, so technically we dont owe you any wages. Sorry, but thanks for all your hard work! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 12, 2011
Jody Jones answered:
If your daughter has a bad credit score, there is not a whole lot that can be done about that these days, according to what I have been told by the lenders and mortgage brokers I work with. If she has a low score, she should try to get her credit cleaned up as much as possible. I would also suggest that she contact the non profit Consumer Credit Counseling Service that has several offices in the Fort Wayne area. This is the link: They do not charge a fee for their services and they may be able to help her.
Good luck!
Jody Jones
Century21 Landmark Realty
Elkhart, IN
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 25, 2011
Keith Sorem answered:
Just know that most of the time the buyer first sees your home with a Realtor, so although Internet marketing is important, I would say on a scale of 1-10 it is a 7. There are a few things much more important that you should be looking for and asking about. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice