Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

45440 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 148
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
If it is vacant why do you have the utilities on? You should simply contact the bank and tell them you want to complete a deed lieu of foreclosure and sign it over to them. You should not have abondoned your property as teh bank could have assiste dyou with a short sale or loan modification which could hqave kept you in the house. If teh bank will not take teh house by deed of lieu as you are in legal proceedings, tell them it is vacant and tell them you wil gove them access to secure it and winterize it so you can shut off the utilities. You can not put them in anyone elses name espeically without permission. Call your bank and let them know.... ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 9, 2010
Lorna Furderer answered:

your best bet would be to contact the Preble County Historical Society and see if they have any recommendations, or check on the Dayton Board of Realtors' website to see what agents in the area specialize in historical homes. In Miami County, I market myself as a historical home specialist since I am President of the Bethel Township Historical Society and I have a passion for these amazing properties. If that doesn't find you someone, then a local agent who is a long time resident of the county or Eaton who has a good feel for the history would be an ideal agent as well. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Susan Blanford answered:
There are many reputable lenders in Dayton. If you are in Ohio, enlist the services of a reputable real estate professional in the area you wish to buy who can help you.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 3, 2010
Catherine "Cathy" Chaudemanche answered:
Hi Sherry,

Is this meant to be a question? Which listing are you referring to?

Thank you for clarifying.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue May 10, 2016
Hi Verve,
Thank you for your I am assuming that the home you purchase will be for you to live out of while you're not traveling for work, and also for your mom to live in as well?
As far as occupancy, the property simply needs to be your "primary" residence. As long as you "live" there for 6 months and 1 day, it's considered to be a primary residence. On the same token, if it is your "home base," and you are a first time home-buyer, FHA would not have any problems with your work schedule and the traveling that is needed for your career. If you would like some further information, please do not hesitate to contact me. Our company specializes in FHA and USDA loans, and would be more than happy to arrange the financing for you, not to mention interest rates have dropped dramatically from a couple months ago!

Joshua Pick
Sr. Mortgage Consultant
216-236-7266 direct line
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 11, 2009
Chad Baird answered:
There is no "real Answer", it depends. Sometimes the bank buys back the property that has other leins that need cleared. The house will need to be prepared (winterized, trashed out), reevalutated to determine if it is occupied, etc.

I've seen them go on the market with 60 days I've seen them delayed for more than a year.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 1, 2009
Mark Ryan-Mark Ryan Group answered:
You are welcome...

Hope you have better luck going forward. Do you have someone helping you? An agent/Broker I mean? It really should not take you that long to find a great home... Unless you are looking for something VERY unusual... there are just so many homes out there to pick from, finding a great one right now for a good agent should not be that hard...

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 24, 2009
Bob Puls answered:
You you submit a offer for a HUD owned property you have to designated it as a owner occupied or investment property. The agent that you are work with can be subject to legal action if they submit your offer fraudgently. This could impact the broker from being able to submit future offers to HUD. The other way HUD can tell is based on the type of financing you get for the property. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 23, 2009
Patrick Thies answered:
It is illegal for agents to answer that question and should not be asked of them. Nor should agents be answering that question. You best bet is to check with the local police department. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 27, 2009
Christina Cavins answered:

Yes, you get your earnest money (deposit) back if the seller does not accept your offer.

P.S. Ask about the FREE Sale GUARANTEE Plan and FREE Job Loss Mortgage Payment Coverage.

Christina Asad Edwards
Realtor, RRS, eAgent, Recruitment/Development Manager
Office 937-573-0082
Cell/Text 937-205-4741
Real Living Realty Services
One of the fastest-growing real estate franchisors in the nation.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 18, 2009
Bob Herd answered:
The "stats" are really about what cap rate (capitalization of the net income method of appraisal) is currently acceptable to investors in your area. Cap rates have moved up to 8.5% to 9.25% in the Tucson Metro Market Area, but your area may be different due to local economics, etc. Your best bet is to get on the phone and call one of the larger brokerage firms, ask for an apartment specialist and ask the question. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 16, 2010
Laurie Scalf Rueda answered:

I would say it depends on your plans. If you can wait to sell, that is what I would do and rent it out in the meantime. If you are in a situation where you can easily move where you need to go without selling, you can buy a home and keep this as a rental property, build equity while the market turns around.

Let me know I can help.
Laurie Scalf
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 20, 2014
Mark Ryan-Mark Ryan Group answered:

I would be happy to meet with you and discuss your options. Depending on the level and complexity of your needs I may be able to help you personally. I am a local real estate broker with RE/MAX and one of my designations is the ASP (Accredited Staging Professional).

Often when home sellers are preparing to place a home on the market there are many other itmes that may need to be done in addition to "staging"... minor repairs, paint, etc. I can provide direction so you make wise choices and then help with direction on staging the home.

If you need a more full service "staging" involving rental furniture, etc. then that is beyond what I focus on but would still be able to assist you.

Please feel free to call at 937-353-4600 or email if you have any follow up questions or would like to meet and discuss your options.

Hope that is some help?


Mark Ryan
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 21, 2009
Andrea T. Robinson answered:

One place to look if you have not dome so alreasdy is the county auditors website. This site will give you the current owners name and possibly when it may be going up for auction. You can also try calling the building department in that city and ask for the owners information and phone number. (a lot of times they don't have it updated but it is worth a shot.) Good luck! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 26, 2009
Andrea T. Robinson answered:
You can log onto your county auditors website and plug in the address and a lot of time it will have it listed as Auction and you will be able to look up the tax records. This should help you a lot. Normally they also send a certified letter to the address of the property as well.

I hope this helps.

Andrea T. Robinson
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 20, 2010
Lorna Furderer answered:

Since you are a seller as well as a buyer, you should ask your real estate agent to pull those for you. I checked on our local board of realtors' site, and see that your house is listed currently. Make sure that you have great communication with your agent, for he is the one to pull all of the solds in your neighborhood and keep you up to date on the market in your area. He is working for you, and you are a team. Good luck with the sale of your home! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 27, 2009
Thomas F Wright Jr asked:
People of groups who want sound investments with positive cash flow should look at multi-family properties
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Chris Mabry SRS,e-PRO answered:
Yes, you should have a Realtor. The site salespeople represent the builder. Sure, they can facilitate the purchase just fine. But they are not there to look out for your best interest. It costs you nothing (usually) to have a Realtor represent you with a builder. A good Realtor will know the process and be a huge help to you. And yes, even though the builder has to pay the Realtor's commission, you are still likely to get a better price on the home with the negotiating assistance of an agent. One thing to be aware of though.....if you visit the sales site and register with the builder, the you have actually waived your right to representation. Make sure that your agent is the first point of contact for any home that interests you, and that they come with you on your first visit to the site. New construction offers some of the best buys going right now. Keep in mind that the builders are willing to negotiate down from their asking prices, unlike a few years ago. Also, ask about their incentives. Many are offering creative incentive packages just to bring buyers in the door. Good luck to you. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu May 14, 2009
Chris Mabry SRS,e-PRO answered:
If you are concerned, then you should start by asking your landlord. Let them know that you have reason to be concerned. Has something happened to lead you to believe the house is in forclosure? Typically speaking, if the owner is behind on payments and the foreclosure process has begun, you will have a notice posted on your door regarding a trustee's sale. Someone representing the bank will usually come to the house looking for the owner. Don't be startled just because of all the bad press outh there right now. But do some research if you are concerned. You may want to check with your local county recorder's office to see if any forclosure paperwork has been filed. I hope it all works out okay. Take care! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 23, 2009
Sw Ohio answered:
Olive, my house on Bowen St is for sale (through a Realtor) and has been listed since early January with no offers. A house 4 doors away from me sold for about $95,000 at the end of April. The area around St. Anthony's church is a pretty nice neighborhood - lots of folks out walking their dogs, pushing their baby strollers, etc. Access to Rte 35, I-75, and I-675 is easy and quick. My daughter was living in the house until the end of April and I moved in during May. It wasn't in bad shape, just a little neglected because she was so busy. Since I moved in, I've spent about $3K on improvements and am continuing work on it. The houses are marvelous - mine was built in 1918 and is solid as a rock. The woodwork and stained glass windows are irreplaceable and you just can't find workmanship like that anymore. The list price is $84,900 (basically what is owed since we bought at the top of the market in 2005) but that's overpriced now. I'm trying to find out about short sale from my mortgage company and need to work more closely with my Realtor on marketing strategies since I really want to sell and move more toward the Miamisburg area. I'd suggest working with a Realtor who does a lot of work in Linden Heights and determining what the correct price would be for properties you're interested in. Then get out and look and make an offer! There are a lot of nice homes in Linden Heights. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search Advice