Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

45344 : Real Estate Advice

  • All16
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 11
Fri Jul 3, 2015
Ron Thomas answered:
Assuming that you have laws and procedures similar to us;
you should be Okay:
1. you did not know about the conditions,
2. they did not opt for Inspections

If they serve you papers, you should contact an Attorney.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 23, 2011
Linda S. Cefalu answered:
Tara Sue,

You should be able to obtain that answer prior to purchase. Check with the town, municipality and city ordinances. Ask for zoning and planning. Sometimes they actually want certain properties to be turned back to residential depending on what else is going on in the neighborhood. It could be a long drawn out process, but it could also go very quickly depending on the town/county.

Hope you are able to accomplish what you are trying to do.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun May 5, 2013
Myra Gouger answered:
If the home is sold and you bought it, you are responsible for any repairs that now occur.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 4, 2010
Alvada Stanley answered:
My advice would be to contact your tax accountant. Even though you moved out of your current residence 10 months ago, you might be eligible for the $6500 current owner tax credit if you lived in the home for five out of the last eight years.

Alvada Stanley
Coldwell Banker Heritage Realtors
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun May 5, 2013
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Sick did the agent take the money or was the money placed in an escrow account with the title company for repairs to be completed after the sale? The traditional way is for repair money to be placed into escrow. If the agent took the money call the police! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 16, 2008
Mary Starkey answered:
Have you found a home yet. Coldwell Banker Heritage has a huge bank owned division. Probably the first thing you need to do is to talk to a lender and get a pre-approval letter. The banks will only consider offers from buyers who have been pre-approved. Scott Rife at US Bank is a loan officer who has experience with bank owned properties. You can reach him at or 937.430.3344 You can tell him I sent you. Once you get pre-approved, you will need to choose a Realtor to help you find a property. I would be glad to help and have experience with purchasing bank owned properties. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 20, 2008
Scott Godzyk answered:
Our government at work again i see. No they can not just come on your property and tow your truck, they can however destroy trees by sending you warning letter after warning letter. Your best bet is to seek a permit to park there, you may have to ask for a curb cut to add a driveway, but it will put a stop to your problem. Good luck with the parking problem ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 4, 2010
David M. Childress answered:
Sounds like you need a really good Realtor. Look for one on Trulia in your area. If they are on here it means they are working really hard for their clients. Good luck.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 10, 2008
David Rivas answered:
Call your police department and tell them they always do this and you want the to be sited. They wont do it again.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 23, 2017
AJ Heidmann answered:
A seller would be responsible for repairs after closing if they knew about the problem and/or tried to conceal the problem, which can be difficult to prove, or they made repairs as a part of the contract and those repairs were not done properly. Did you have a home inspection conducted as part of your offer? Were the issues you are referencing come up in the inspection?

AJ Heidmann ABR, CRS, e-PRO
Cell 703-474-1260 Fax 703-518-8314 Toll Free 877-727-3631
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Old Town Alexandria
"Serving Distinctive Clients & Properties in Northern Virginia"
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice