Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 36617 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Barbara Stanton answered:
The main question would be: Is it in a subdivision? If it is not, then there is more of an opening to having it zoned commercial. The trick is that it is my understanding that a property cannot be re-zoned unless there is a business that is planning to purchase the property and then would make the offer subject to being able to get the re-zoning done. There is more to it than simply a seller making a decision to sell a property as a commercial property. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jul 28, 2015
Jeffery Culp answered:
Yes of course, But always check with your local board of Realtor's If you have any questions about what a local agent may or may not do.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Lyle Wolf answered:
Contact a local Realtor. he or she can get the information you want for your area from the local Multiple Listings Service (MLS).
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 1, 2010
John Mondello answered:
You would be exempt from paying any capital gains up to $500,000 for a married couple, $250,000 for single, so long as this was your primary residence.

John J Mondello Jr, Realtor

Keller Williams
(225) 329-8119
"I find the house, you make it home."
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 8, 2010
Guy Gimenez answered:
IRS rules. Unless it's changed recently, it should only be 10% of the proceeds. Not sure if its a one year period though.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 8, 2010
Gladys Webb answered:
I would suggest contacting a lawyer to help identify if the deed is clear not air property, and in my opinion it could be gifted to the other family member or sold to the other family member at a lower price than the actual value, but iI would consult with an attorney ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 17, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Robert i dont know if you will get anyone to bite on this, you would best be served trying to work sonething out with an experienced agent who can assist you to sell your house without paying you to do so. If you need teh money for repairs, then something can be worked out with the brokers local contacts, if you need it to save your house, make payments or something else, you may not find a take. good luck in working things out ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 28, 2015
Dottie Studt answered:
Yes a realtor can sell two houses in the same neighborhood or more.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 30, 2009
Port City Team answered:
If your ex husband is on the deed then your ex husband is also an owner. The title company that closes the transaction would be the one to tell you who has to sign the deed, but chances are very good that your ex-husband will have to sign. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:

Listing your home with a real estate professional that posts their listings on the MLS will result in your home finding its way onto Trulia.

Get started today............
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Nancy Stewart answered:
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Dana Schuster answered:
why not just use the laminate on the stairs as well. I think tiled stairs might look a little odd,and having lived with tiled floors myself,I can tell you they are very hard on your bones as well as very cold in the winter,even here in south louisiana. i would also think they might tend to crack on a stairway. just my opinion. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2008
Kathy Carter answered:
First things first. you're coming to need a comparitive Market Analysis. That's when a realtor come in and tells you how much they think the property will sell for.

How long have you lived there? I LOVE Jackson Heights. I'd like to move back - but that's another story. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 8, 2010
Melanie Narducci answered:
I've been communicating with a marketing professional in Ireland who works specifically with developments there, she is a dual citizen and has US contacts as well. There's an organization called IRETO which runs international real estate exhibits and has large international investors. I think getting a marketing professional with US and international builder contacts is probably your best bet. Feel free to email me at and I'll send you the contacts I have. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 5, 2007
Ginger R. answered:
This is an excellant question. I am dittoing this question to move it up & hopefully hear some useful suggestions.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 2, 2007
Steve Ostrom answered:
I am not sure, but we are giving it a try. The two local newspapers are giving us a small push forward here in Northern California. Great Stats Ruth.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 19, 2007
Pam Winterbauer answered:
Patrick....This is a great idea. Realtors serving our communities across the States.
0 votes 43 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 17, 2007
Stan Mikhalsky answered:
IN a calm voice, I guess. Because I don't see any strong arguments to support that everything is OK now. Unless, you could lie with straight face. However, you know that better then me but as I said -- I don't see any arguments to calm them down. Except they should trust you on every word you said, which is rare, but I am always trying to deserve their trust to extend that I lead and they follow without questions. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice