Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

36617 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 172
Sun Feb 26, 2012
Katie Beth Clark answered:
Hey Sharon. Can you please be more specific in your question. What exactly would you like to know?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 29, 2012
Katie Beth Clark answered:
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Ann Ryan answered:
Purchasing a house does not give you the right to reside in the United States. Instead you may want to consider "Treaty Trader" visa status. Consult a immigration lawyer for better and more thorough advice. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Isaac Winkles answered:
Was the agent with the listing brokerage?
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Lora Parnell answered:
What area are you looking in Jessica? There are some owner financing options out there. I also know a credit repair specialist that will help you to get credit-ready to purchase your own home since most owner finance options do tend to have higher interest rates. You can contact me at (251)656-7950. "The Realest in Real Estate!" ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Mack McCoy answered:
I don't think so, Lg. I'm pretty sure there are no special rules for Russians.

Check out the US State Department website:

The real issue is the sort of visa that you hold, and whether shopping for real estate is cause for revoking that visa. You can get that answer from any immigration attorney's office.

All the best,
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Roland Vinyard answered:
If there is a bank that is local both to them and to you, it might make more sense to use it. Otherwise, they can wire it to the account where you want it to go. You will need what they call "routing numbers" of your bank as well as the account to which you want it deposited. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 19, 2011
Bill Eckler answered:

The US government actually encourages foreign national investment in residential real estate by not imposing restrictions and guidelines.

As a buyer, there can be other fees and prorations that need to be taken into considerations, taxes, HOA fees, legal fees, title fees, etc. may be part of your closing expense. In US real estate the seller of the property normally pays the fees for professional services(commission) to the brokerage....something a buyer needs not to worry about.

We recommend beginning your search be establishing a relationship with a local real estate company. They will be able to present you with possible options and guide you step-by-step throught the buying process.

Hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

Michael Saunders & Company
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 14, 2011
Phil Rotondo answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 10, 2011
Lilkeshon Major asked:
Thu Dec 1, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
As long as the Agent DISCLOSED it, there is nothing illegal about that.
You must have given him permission to act as a Dual Agent.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 30, 2011
Sarah Goulart Nathe answered:
I have to be honest here, I would be very surprised if there is anywhere that exists that type of a market. I'd love to be proven wrong, but even in a good rental market, I can�39;t imagine a home of about $130K garnering $1800 a month in rent.

But, should someone respond with one, I may be buying one too!

Good luck in your search, the rental market is hot right now for sure.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 14, 2011
Jolie Muss answered:
Lillie , looks like you question was truncated. Here in NYC contracts are usually prepared by experienced real estate attorneys who are the ones to perform "due diligence" in reviewing the contract, inspecting the building' s financials, board minutes and all other pertinent matters. As an exclusive buyer's agent/ broker I am required to use due diligence to perform my fiduciary duty to protect and advise my buyers/ clients -The listing/selling agent is required to use due dilgence to perform their fiduciary duty to protect and advise their sellers/customers. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 5, 2011
It depends Denise, there are some lenders that say they will go to a 580 credit score on an FHA, but that only works if you meet the minimum scorecard. A credit score of 650 may not pass the minimum threshold as well. Many think credit score is the only issue, it isn’t that simple. However, the higher your score the more likely the system will approve your application.

You may have people suggest credit repair. Just be careful, building or rebuilding credit is fine, disputing everything is a crime. I linked to my blog which contains more on this topic.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
It's possible if the homebuyer qualifies; therefore he needs to visit with any loan officer, after reviewing his overall financials, credit, debt, income, etc. a determination on qualification, the type of loan etc., can be made; be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine price range and for any offers to be taken seriously. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 21, 2011
Michael Morrow asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 12, 2011
Annette Lawrence answered:
That's tricky.
Responding to such a question in this manner would be appropriate:
"Westchase, as reported by TBO Magazine, is popular with many young professionals due to it's close proximity to the Neilson complex which is home to many high tech companies employing over 8,000 workers. The pedestrian trail connecting the park to the community is viewed as a huge asset in addition to the courtyard community gathering for those after hours events.'

"Ybor, a downtown Tamp, historic community, has long been an area favorite with great restaurants, entertainment and arts. Fortune magazine reports one of the 50 fastest growing high tech companies in the nation is located there."

Injecting personal opinion my be problematic. The general public is unaware of the restrictions imposed on real estate professional in regards to commenting or good, best or safe neighborhoods.

Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 7, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
You can certainly purchase a property if you have the cash or quailified for the mortgage. A real estate attorney can outline what if any tax implication there will be.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search Advice