Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

36607 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 172
Fri Aug 29, 2014
Cindy Stacey answered:
Talk to everyone you know. "Who do" them. Ask them, "Who do you know that is interested in buying real estate." You can advertise, but real estate has always been a people business. People do business with people they know and trust. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Mack McCoy answered:
No, Toni, it was always going to be that difficult.

For those readers who don't understand, a short sale, by definition, requires the approval of the seller's lender to accept a lower payoff than they're due. So if they owe $200,000 and the sale would only pay off $175,000 of that, the lender would have to agree to accept that, remove their lien from the property, and allow new buyers to start over.

Of course, you can have a situation where the seller owes more than they're going to net, but they can afford to write a check to pay it off, much like you might do when you trade-in a car.

All the best,
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Amanda Williams answered:
Below are some resources to answer your question. Depending on your question you might also want to consult a tax accountant.

Vivian G. Johnston, Jr. is a tax attorney with Hand Arendall and I have always been pleased with Hand Arendall.
1 N Water St # 30290, Mobile - (251) 694-6230

A good tax accountant is JD Baxter for Real Estate

Crane Title has a real estate attorney on staff
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Vishalpriya asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon May 23, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
Sun May 22, 2011
There are several land mines waiting for a prospective home-buyers out there. But that's why you need to work with a skilled professional Real Estate Agent and Lender. It is our jobs to steer you clear of the land mines so you don't get blown out of escrow or your closing. Hopefully you already got your loan pre-approved by a lender. Not by just a phone call, but legitimately had an application taken, had your credit run, and the lender actually reviewed your income documentation. I can't tell how often we loan officers (good ones) have to step in at the 11th hour and try to save a deal because someone didn't do their job right by asking detailed questions. A common occurrence is when you tell your loan officer what you make but neglect to them you filed a Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) on your 1040s by claiming a huge amount in non-reimbursed expenses. That's a real deal killer! But providing your lender did what they should have done, you'll be fine. Don't charge anymore on credit cards, pay your bills on time, work your normal schedule work week and do exactly what your lender tells you to do and you'll be fine.

Best of Luck!

George Raymondo
Nationwide Mortgage Banker
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Clifton Henderson answered:
You can go to for my current REO listings. I can set you up with
an email alert system that will email you the newest foreclosure for the Mobile or Baldin county area.
If you have a specific search parameter, let me know and I can set up a specific search just for your
needs. I can also email you the current list, (Its rather large, easier if you narrowed the parameter down
to what you are looking for)
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 14, 2011
Lyle Wolf answered:
Contact a local Realtor. he or she can get the information you want for your area from the local Multiple Listings Service (MLS).
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 4, 2011
Fred Glick answered:
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Paladin Funding asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Alex Kim answered:
Hi Alexmiranda,

You can buy any properties in USA even you are not citizen or resident.
If you can buy in CASH, that will be perfect but financing, that can be tricky but YES, you can.
That you will need to talk to Lender, most likely talk with one of Filipino Lender so you can understand and get clear understanding.

For living in US with your family, it all depends on status of your visa.
Student visa is usually what I see foreigners uses to stay here in US but that is for limited time and restriction.
For more visa questions, you will need to consult with attorney who handles it or embassy from your country^^.

I hope this will helped you little.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Parrish Walker answered:
Of course it's possible! I need much more information to give you a better answer, but I'd be glad to do some research and tell you what it will probably sell for right now. Please call me at (251) 459-4764 or email me at I hope to hear from you! ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 4, 2011
Alex Kim answered:
Hi Marcela,

Yes, you can buy any properties and sell whenever you want, as long as you buy in CASH.
For some loan, depends on the loan, you might be able to, now, that you will need to talk to Loan Officer and he/she can tell you. There are flippers who does that but most of time, they use private lender.
You don't have be a citizen to buy a properties here in US, but there are some laws and reqirements you will have to follow and that is different by State to State.
Of course, when you sell, you will be TAXED for sure and will have to pay more if you are not citizen of USA.
For more in depth info, you will need to hire an attorney to get legal advice.
I hope this answer gave you some help.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 2, 2010
Dan Tabit answered:
The only way to know is to meet with a local lender and explain your circumstances. Your situation sounds unusual as you describe it, so it really depends on the rest of the details, the type of loan you are looking for and what the lender will accept for proof of income. In the past I've used several months of bank statements documenting deposits, but lenders are much more restrictive these days.
Talk to your bank or a mortgage broker for starters and let us know how it turns out.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 4, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider a consultation with an attorney who specializes in real estate for all related paperwork, etc., then go from there.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Miastrouts answered:
Just you can find their apartment from the classified ads in the newspaper, Internet, etc. The Best Campus apartments service in Philadelphia.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 22, 2010
Dan Tabit answered:
Jay Jay,
You need to ask your agent or an attorney. Your contract will likely indicate part of your answer and we don't have that. You might also ask your lender to check out Rapid Rescore. They will assess your credit report, tell you how many points they feel they can improve it by if you take their direction and can get it done much faster than 3-4 weeks. You'll have to possibly pay down some balances or prove some accounts are paid off, but I've helped clients do this and it can really help. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 22, 2010
Synergy Realty Group, LLC answered:
are you being represented by a Realtor? if not that's where you could use the skill and expertise of an experienced agent to communicate for you and make this happen.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Max Doster answered:
In a perfect world you would like to think so, but the reality is that the answer to your question is "No". In our current market, there are many areas in Mobile that have a fairly high inventory of foreclosed homes that are selling below the so called Fair Market Value. In many cases, very far below.

I am a Realtor® in Mobile and there are several others that read and respond to questions asked on this forum on a regular basis. I would be happy to provide a CMA for you, a report that should give you an idea of what your home should sell for, and I'm sure several others who will respond to this later would gladly offer the same. You could take the opinion of what your home should sell for into account vs whatever you are looking to put into it to take it from where it is now to where you want it to be. My guess is that you will probably be disappointed in the answer.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 6, 2011
Parrish Walker answered:
I'd be glad to tell you, but I can't see what house you're talking about! What is the address? You can email me directly if you'd prefer or call me at (251) 459-4764 ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search Advice