Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

36607 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 172
Mon May 27, 2013
Peter Mohylsky answered:
You would have to satisfy the requirements of your local lender. There generally is no problem with non residents. Find a good local lender and get pre approved.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 2, 2015
Charlie Plyler answered:
If you qualify for a VA loan, you most likely would not need a down payment. There are a couple lenders in Mobile that do a good job with VA loans. Please feel free to contact me at 251-402-1193 and I will be glad to pass along the information. ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 28, 2015
Jeffery Culp answered:
Yes of course, But always check with your local board of Realtor's If you have any questions about what a local agent may or may not do.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Peter Mohylsky answered:
Generally the buyer, but you need to check with a local title company. they offer free qualified advice.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Synergy Realty Group, LLC answered:
I would ask why he needs a co -signer and if you have checked with a reputable mortgage company to be sure he needs a co -signer?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 6, 2012
Trevor Curran answered:
Good morning Lacey7745,

Rent To Own is a better deal for the Seller than it would ever be for a potential Buyer.

The basic concept is finding a way to "force" savings towards a down payment by including a portion of the monthly rental that goes towards that savings. You pay your rent every month and your Landlord deducts a pre-determined amount to hold in a special bank account, called an "escrow" account. Your Landlord holds that money until you have saved up enough---through this "forced-savings" method---to meet a down payment to purchase the home.

The terms of the purchase price, including the down payment amount, and the amount to be set aside from the rental for down payment, are all set down at the time of lease signing.

It's all about helping the renter/tenant save up enough money for a down payment to buy a home (in this case, the one you're renting). But this is a better deal for the Seller because he gets to lock in a purchase price and a buyer today for a future sale.

Saving money for a down payment? Well, heck, you can do that on your own.

If you are dedicated to the idea of buying your own home, you can create your own savings plan to save up enough money for a down payment. And when you have saved up enough for a down payment, if that takes a year or two or more, YOU get to decide on the price you're willing to pay for the house at that time based on current market conditions. You won't be locked in to a price that may be a lot higher than what the house is worth in the future.

With Rent To Own you'll be locked in both to the house and to the price, even if it takes you 3 years to save enough through the forced savings of the rent payments. What happens if three years from now your life situation has changed? Maybe you need a bigger/smaller home. Maybe your employment has relocated. Maybe your credit or income is insufficient to qualify for a mortgage loan.

Find a way to save up on your own; not with Rent To Own.

Sit down with a local Mortgage Banker and get yourself prequalified, too. You may find you're better qualified than you think you are, and, if you're not, at least you'll know how much loan your income and credit qualify you for, and how much you have to save towards down payment and closing costs.

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Fred Yancy answered:
Sales prices are public record with the tax accessors office. If you have the address, you will be able to find the price at which the property sold.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 19, 2013
Missy Hayes answered:
I'd love to help you. Please contact me through my profile.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Rev Mrs Kate Brain answered:

I am Rev Mrs Kate Brain, i live in florida, United State, when we are building our church Auditorium, we ran out of cash and we are realy in need of getting $150,000 after we where being scammed by some fake idiots that called themself money lender not unit i met this God send International Lender who offer me a loan without credit check, no collateral, no cosigner with just 3% interest rate so i will advise you to contact them whosoever that need a loan. he is 100% fully guarantee. just contact them now via email:

Good Luck,
Rev Mrs Kate Brain
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Darrell D. Drouillard answered:
When you find a listing here on Trulia, there are 4 tabs on the top. Click the "Map & Nearby" tab. When the map is displayed, the upper right hand corner has 4 different views to select. Click "Street" to select street view.

Darrell D. Drouillard
Home Team of America
16719 Huebner Rd., Bldg 4
San Antonio, Texas 78248
210-881-6760 (Fax)

'Serving all Your Real Estate Needs'
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Peter Mohylsky answered:
According to the US Census Bureau Approx 75.4 million people in the United States own homes. This number might be low considering that some homes are titled in both names of the families. Were are you going with this question? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Barbara Stanton answered:
There are several really nice apartment complexes around my office on Grelot Rd. Let me know if I can be of help. I have helped several graduates find just the right place where they feel comfortable!
Barbara Stanton
Roberts Brothers Inc.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 8, 2015
KHALED-BHB answered:
You need SSN to buy a house in USA , and under your current status (B2), you are not eligible for the SSN.

Good Luck
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
Patrice Smith answered:
YES, properties are selling! Please contact me so I can find out what your specific needs are and how I may be able to help!
Patrice Smith
EXIT Allstar Realty
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Johnny Jordan answered:
If you have a SSN an have proof of income any mortgage company should be able to help you !
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 7, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Rodney Mason answered:
L-1A and L-1B are both eligible Visa type for a Non-Permanent Resident Alien status for a mortgage loan.

You would have to contact a CPA or tax preparer for any tax related questions. No one else is qualified to give advice on that.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 7, 2012
Synergy Realty Group, LLC answered:
Contact Charlotte Beasley at 251-650-4030 she's our rental coordinated
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 26, 2012
Katie Beth Clark answered:
What exactly is your question? Can you please be more specific? Thanks!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search Advice