Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

34287 : Real Estate Advice

  • All33
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying16
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 168
Fri Feb 18, 2011
Patty Estill answered:
Hi Emily,
If your looking strickly for auctions you can go to you will find home there. In this area there are not a lot of auctions, but there is an abundance of Bank Owned properties (REO's) and short sales on the market in the North Port area. If you are intersted in foreclosures please visit my website a

Patty Estill
Broker Associate, RDC-Pro, e-Pro,CDPE
Certified Distressed Property Expert
RE/MAX Alliance Group,
2230 S. McCall Rd.
Englewood, Florida 34224
DIRECT: 941-628-5339
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 18, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider working with an agent of your own and schedule some showings, see home conditions firsthand--keep in mind that opinions are often subjective, what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another... ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 9, 2010
Carol, an FHA loan may be an option for you. FHA's guidelines allow financing two years from date of discharge, unless there was a foreclosure included, then it's three years.
Contact a local lender who specializes in FHA loans and have him review your current financial position and see if he/she can help you.
Good luck!
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 12, 2015
Jane Johnstone answered:
Hi Thomas,
Are you looking for just the month of February or an annual rental starting in Feb?

Jane Johnstone
Sarasota Home Realty
2100 Constitution Blvd
Sarasota FL 34231
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Jodi Kozenieski answered:
The Woodlands and Lakeside Plantation are two different communities. Centex homes is the builder in Woodlands. There have been some instances of Chinese Drywall in Lakeside Plantation. Anytime you are considering purchasing, always get a home inspection.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Jodi Kozenieski
A Clear Choice Realty, LLC
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Genevieve Ramachandran answered:
Good Morning Eugene,

Every place has its good areas and not so desirable areas. While no Realtor can tell you which areas have low crime, we can direct you to the local sheriff';s office where you can find out this information.
Contact me and when exploring different areas that fit your search criteria, you will be able to identify which areas are good for you and which are not.

Good Luck.

Genevieve Ramachandran
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider doing some of your own homework first; visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging, possibly chat with locals, look at everything that is important to you, etc.; check out area statistics if concerned about crime/safety--contact/visit the local police department, ask all your questions and hear all there is hear firsthand--real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 5, 2010
Tammy Hayes answered:
The home at 1258 Landsdowne is owned by estate. It is not currently for sale. I can try to reach the current owner to see if they would like to sell it. I also would be happy to help you find a home in North Port. Contact me at:
Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Sandals Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Tammy Hayes answered:
There were quite a few condos for sale in Sabal Trace and the number is down. However, that does not mean that the situation is improving. Looking at the property records I see that several have a lis pendens filed and may eventually go into foreclosure. Many of the condos that were sold were priced below market value. Are you looking to buy a condo in Sabal Trace or do you live there? It is a very nice community and is convenient to all amenities. I would be happy to assist you if you are looking to buy or sell. Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Caroline Choi answered:
Hi Karen, it really depends. The banks/lienholders are hugely informed about what the market value of a home is -- regardless of whether it is a short sale or foreclosure. The banks/lienholders send out agents to do BPOs -- or Broker Price Opinions -- in order to ascertain market values. So if you think the banks are just pricing things out, they're not -- they're surprisingly regimented and even use formulas as to when/how long to reduce prices! Where you're going to have the flexibility in price is (1) what kind of financing you're utilizing -- all cash is best (2) if the property you're interested in has no other offers, you have more negotiating room (3) the condition of the home -- if it's a major fixer, it's probably not going to be financeable, which means investors who are paying all cash have good leverage to purchase it at a deal. There you have it, a bit more complicated than what you wanted maybe, but there are definitely a few factors to consider.

Best of luck!

Caroline Choi
Broker Associate/EcoBroker Certified
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 13, 2010
Tammy Hayes answered:
I recommend Rent Me Florida. Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 7, 2010
Tammy Hayes answered:
Here are a couple of ideas of how to get on vendor lists. 1. Drop off your business cards and other marketing materials to real estate offices, banks, and mortgage companies. 2. Go to the local Board of Realtors and become a business partner and go to business partner showcases and business card exchanges. These strategies will help get your name out there for the services that you provide.
Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 22, 2010
Patrick Thies answered:
You will have to contact your lender to see if your business partner will be allowed to purchase the home. Short sale transactions need to be arms length transactions. This means the buyer and seller are independant of each other and have no relationship to one another. Being your business partner most likely puts you in a type of relationship and would probably not allow him to purchase the property through a short sale. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 31, 2010
Marge Bennett answered:
sounds like you would have no problem. Your income is secure and you have a great credit score. Find a good Realtor, get yourself pre-qualified with a good lender, say your bank and start looking! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 18, 2011
Christopher Lefebvre answered:
If you contact a Realtor in the area you want to move to, I'm sure that one would be willing to set up a home search for you and then go and preview a few homes for you and send you pictures or videos. If I lived there I would be happy to do something like this for a relocating buyer. Once you have several home candidates that you think would meet your needs, you should really set up a trip to see some of the homes and hopefully find one to put on offer on. Here is a list of agents in North Port:
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Tammy Hayes answered:
You can check out their web site or contact them directly. They should be able to help you find a rental property.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 18, 2010
Jason Stevens answered:
HI Donna & Richie. I'd be happy to help you with your request. I just sold a house in North Port with seller financing. Long as you have money for a down payment, decent credit score and can prove income I can find you something.

Email me at and I will email you available listings in North Port

Jason Stevens, ABR,GRI
Keving Flynn Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Your best estimate(s) regarding insurance will come from any insurance company--why not call a few offices, ask your questions and then make a determination as to which product best suits your needs. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 2, 2017
Dan Tabit answered:
To qualify to complete a short sale, there generally needs to be a hardship involved. If you are currently experiencing a hardship, it is doubtful that you qualify for a new mortgage. So to answer your question, I don't think you can buy your own house as a short sale.
What you may qualify to do is obtain a loan modification. In some cases banks have reduced the rate, added past payments onto your principle bringing past due amounts current, or in some extreme cases even written off some of the principle balance, and restructuring the remainder of your loan at a reduced rate.
I would suggest you look into the Making Homes Affordable Plan online, and then call your lender. There are some companies who offer, for a fee, to negotiate your modification for you. Be very cautious and do not pay anyone for this service up front. In many States it requires a lending license or an attorney to perform this service, so again be very careful if you do no choose to pursue this option on your own.
... more
0 votes 23 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search Advice