Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 34286 : Real Estate Advice

  • All20
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 15
Thu Nov 1, 2012
Tammy Hayes answered:
Hi Judi,

I would be happy to help you find a home in North Port of Warm Mineral Springs. Our agency is located near Toledo Blade Blvd. If you could provide me with your search criteria, I can set you up in the MLS to receive listings automatically. You can also search my web page for homes and you can search by short sale or REO/Bank Foreclosure at I will send you an email to follow up.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 28, 2012
. answered:

I strongly suggest you seek the advice of an attorney -- if you need a name call me 941-228-1315.

0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Alma Kee answered:
No, not unless you're a wholesale investor with millions of dollars to invest in a large portfolio of homes.

Otherwise you have to pay "retail" or show up at the courthouse with ALL CASH and take the risks of condition problems, title issues and liens that survive the foreclosure when the lender auctions it at the foreclosure sale. Some lenders will allow a sale below their final judgement amount. Again you must pay ALL CASH within 24 hours or less so if you're not an ALL CASH buyer this is not an option for you.

Bank Asset Managers will eventually list a property for sale and the more prudent ones will require a minimum 7 day exposure on the market to ensure they sell for the maximum price.

If NCUA is a credit union, you may be able to contact them directly but they would be foolish not to list a property on the open market for all buyers to bid...

All the best,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 31, 2011
Danielle Sharp answered:
We are not attorneys and cannot give legal advice. With that said, here is an idea....

It's common practice for lenders to force place escrow for taxes or insurance if neither have been paid. The municipality or insurance company will send the mortgage company a notice that a policy hasn't been renewed or taxes have gone unpaid. Without knowing exact details of your situation or status of the property in FL no one aside from your attorney can really answer the question. Typically in FL if you have filed BK, the foreclosure is on hold until discharge is recorded and then starts up again. You may still be receiving notices from BoA because technically you still own the home and it has not reverted to BoA's possession yet. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 18, 2010
Faye Doyle answered:
As a Realtor I am not allowed to give legal advice. You should consult with an attorney to research your legal options but I would certainly want to know if the home is listed for sale and if a foreclosure date has been assigned by the homeowner's lender. The lender will ask you to vacate upon foreclosure. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Fri May 4, 2012
Deborah Dunnick answered:
Hello Karen,

Please send me your email address and I will make sure you get automated updates of foreclosures in the area as they become available. Please let me know what areas and what price range you are currently interested in. My email address is:

All my best,

Debbie Dunnick
Michael Saunders & Co.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 20, 2009
Stacey Karp answered:
How much longer do you have on your lease? Are there any items discussing this process in case this happens?? Usually the process can take 3-6 mos on a whole, once in forclosure status is can be 30-90 days. It all depends on how fast the bank is planning to move. The best advice I can give you is start looking for another home now, dont wait for the ball to drop....can you perhaps purchase the house from the bank? ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 11, 2008
Mott Marvin Kornicki answered:
I really don't know! The exact amount of time depends on several factors.

• Backlog of the court
• Motivation of the pre-vailing party, usually the plaintiff
• Lender's policy
• Weather conditions
• ?
Get packed and move on!!!
I have seen the eviction proceedure happen withing 5 days. From what I read at the link below, it is quite clear that a minimum of 30+ days that you could possibly stay.

Mott Marvin Kornicki, Broker/Associate
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Real Estate Professional in Miami
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 10, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
Contact an attorney therefore no statements made would be to your disadvantage sorry to hear about your situation.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 3, 2008
Mott Marvin Kornicki answered:
The mechanics of the foreclosure process is detailed in the link below. You can assume that you may have up to 6 months of legal correspondence and service until the property is officially transfered to the lender.

There are other options that you may want to consider;


Contact your lender and real estate broker/agent- ASAP, get things sorted out.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri May 4, 2012
Lynn Pineda answered:
Vicky, it's hard to pinpoint an exact time frame as to how much time you'll be able to stay in your home as it varies according to your Lender, Attorney and their case files, I'm seeing; 6 months is an average time.

Why is it that you think your home won't sell? I recommend that you work with a Realtor qualified in Listing Short Sales as that can make a huge difference in whether or not your home is sold as a short sale. If your home is priced for your market, you should have a good chance of selling your home as there are buyers seeking good opportunities that come with a Short Sale. I'd hope for the best in selling your home.

Another good option for you that will stall the foreclosure process and give you more time to sell your home is to contact an Attorney in your area who can represent you and defend you against the foreclosure. You'll have to pay for his services which from my experience can run about $500/month.

However, in the event that your home isn't sold and it is foreclosed on, the time remaining in your home can run between 30-60 days without much notice given at all. So if you get to that point, you should plan on finding a new place to live right at that time.
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 26, 2008
Jason Sandquist answered:
Each state varies as far as foreclosure laws here is a weblink that might be able to point you in the right direction
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 28, 2008
Bill Eckler answered:
There has never ben a better time to buy in the North Port area that today! There is a very large inventory, prices have come down considerably, sellers are motivated, and there are many short sales and bank forclosures. We can provide the insight you are looking for to identify the best place that matches your specific criteria.
The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar & Associates
100 W. Venice Ave.
Venice Fl 34285
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 9, 2010
Pam Winterbauer answered:
I would talk with you lender to check on your qualifications to see if it is workable for you. Another option is to talk with your tax advisor. Then move forward and talk with you local Realtor. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Robert Gross answered:
To answer this question you need to tell me whether the property is residential or commercial? If it is residential will you be living in the home you build? How long do you intend to stay in the home? If you won't be living in the home what will you buget for the build out and how quickly will you want to sell the home or would you rent it out? Depending on the answers to these questions will determine whether now is the time to build. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice