Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

33954 : Real Estate Advice

  • All11
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 231
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Tammy Hayes answered:
Yes, I would recommend that you use a Property Managment company, especially if you are living out of state.

You can contact Mark Soravilla at 941-468-1417 - Palm Realty
He would be happy to answer any questions you may have and tell you what is involved.

Tell him Tammy sent you. Or contact me and I will get you started in the right direction.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 20, 2014
Wayne Collier answered:
Stanley Steamer has always done an outstanding job for our home as well as REO homes.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 3, 2013
Gabriele Extejt answered:
Best buy, Bill Smith and Sears sometimes does package pricing.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 12, 2015
Gabriele Extejt answered:
(941)698-1601. Bri Gon construction. He is a builder and does gutters. He has done 2 of my homes.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 17, 2013
Karin Gehring answered:
As with my previous answer, you will need AC in SW Florida period and I do not know of any complex in Charlotte County that will be without air conditioning.
Of course there is a chance that the system is not working. But that is usually disclosed in the listing as AC is vital to keep humidity out of the structure and so prevent mold build up.

Any unit you have more questions on, I am able through the MLS system to get you as complete info as possible. Of course we are also happy to set up a showing if you are ready.

Trulia is a great way to check on properties at your own leisure. We do work with and like the info a lot. But we as brokers do depend on the multiple listing system where all info is as detailed as possible.

Feel free to contact us for any and all questions

Tel 941-766-0006.
Karin Gehring

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Karin Gehring answered:
Vel gardens condos do have air conditioning. One has to assume that the way the listing was posted here that there is no extra spot for A/C. Every hime in SW florida needs AC. Regardless if it is a full init with compressor and air-handler or just a window unit.
About the listing i did not see any info on how built, what kind of roof and so on.
Feel free to contact me @ for more info on any property in Charlotte county.
We have been in real estate for 17 years and Karin Gehring is broker/owner of
Tel: 941-766-0006.

Thank you.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 27, 2013
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi pmarquart60,

If the bank has not accepted your offer in writing you do not have a contract yet. Have your Realtor do a withdrawl of offer before the bank accepts your offer in writing. You should get your earnest money deposit back.

Now, if the bank has accepted your offer in writing, you can cancel and get your earnest money deposit back as long as you are cancelling for an 'acceptable' reason (which would be stated in your contract).

There is no difference in cancelling a contract whether it is a standard sale, short sale, or bank owned property.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 25, 2015
Tracy Hoyt answered:

You do not need to use a VA lender near the purchase area, it is easier sometimes but that is not often the best choice for your money. Each lender can be very different and it is important to find one that can work with you to get the best experience for you.

I have a few lenders I recommend and would be happy to give you their information. We have used two of them personally for our own properties using VA loans.

If you are not currently working with an Agent, I would be happy to recommend someone to you. We have a large network of Agents that work to give you the best experience in the business.

Please review my profile on Trulia and send me a message or email me directly at and I can send those lenders to you. I will tell you who I preferred to do our loans and why they worked best for us. You are allowed to shop around and you should.

If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. NO pressure, just help.

Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 15, 2013
Shain McLaughlin answered:
That depends on your definition of decent. This is a very desirable area as it is a newer division which contains condos that are modern. One of the biggest things to point out is the convenience you have to the shopping and entertainment areas. You are literally less than 10 minutes away North and South to the heart of two cities where you can spoil yourself with entertainment. Are you going after the seller financing ? ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Tammy Hayes answered:
Here are some insurance agencies to try:

AAA Insurance

Allstate Insurance



Finley Family Insurance

Rowley Insurance
Mary Dunn Sarasota 941-966-3737
Jim Ingram Sarasota 941-778-2206

Tropical Bay

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty
Port Charlote, FL
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Kelli Geddeis answered:
You don't need to use an attorney to close but surely can have them review the contract with the understanding the bank usually WILL NOT change their addendums if your attorney doesn't like them. You can use an attorney here locally that also does closings/title work. The bank addendums are usually to state they are not responsible if anything goes wrong with the home after closing, they took ownership by foreclosure have no knowledge of the property etc. Buyer beware, make sure to perform any and all inspections,(home, termite, septic (if applicable) that is what is covering you on an as is contract. Many nice homes can be had whether it be bank owned foreclosure, short sale, or regular sale but in ALL cases do your due diligence. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 1, 2014
Tammy Hayes answered:
Hi Kim,
City sewer versus septic varies throughout the entire area of Charlotte County. With a septic system you just need to take care of it. Use a monthly product such as RidX and get it pumped as needed. Don't put a lot of stuff, if any, down the garbage disposal and use septic safe toilet paper.Some of the older homes have had to get their septic system replaced, which can be costly.

One thing to take into consideration is the fact that some areas of Charlotte County may eventually go from a septic system to a sewer system and that would impose fees on the homeowners. Some areas did recently have septic systems put in and owners are still paying for it. Other areas have been connected to city sewer for many years and there are no fees.

Here is the Charlotte County Web Site for Utilities if you want to read about the water and sewer in the area:

The decision to go with city sewer or septic to me would be based on the home I like and the area I like. I live in Port Charlotte and have city water and septic. I would be happy to answer any other questions or help you in your home search.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Roger Richmond answered:
Hi Ksherm!, the condo you are referring to I believe is Vel Gardens on Harbor Blvd. The condo fees there are around $260 per month. Give me a call if you need more info or wish to see other units. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Shain McLaughlin answered:
There are still too many variables that are not being brought to light such as the big one of the variables will be the actual foreclosure date. Call Ed Buck at Carrington Mortgage - 239-470-9809. He will be able to help you with your questions and point you in the right direction. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 2, 2013
James Mulligan answered:
Charlotte Square is the complex about which you ask. It is in an excellent location, close to shopping, services, the Port Charlotte Cultural Center and 2 hospitals. My mom and dad live in Regency House. I wouldn't want them to live anywhere that was not safe and secure.

You can watch a video tour of Charlotte Square on my website:

The above link will take you to the tour.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have about Charlotte Squre or other developments in our area. Please do not hesitate to call or email.

James Mulligan, Broker
Suncoasteam Realty, LLC
941-456-3034 Cell
941-235-7474 Office
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Shain McLaughlin answered:
No section 15 is not deed restricted at this time as of 12-6-2012. I am not implying that there will be nor have I heard of any plans for the near future for section 15 to become deed restricted. I am putting the date in this message for future viewers to have a reference to go by so that there is not any confusion months or even years from now if in such a case it does become deed restricted that they rely upon this information.

It seems to me that you have been doing some homework on the area by picking a prime access point to the highways in our area. Would you like to see some other inventory that is up to date and accurately reflecting the market ? If so feel free to reach out to me. If not then good luck and I wish you the best.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 7, 2017
Shain McLaughlin answered:
It will depend on the contractor who does the work, as it can vary from person to person as well as the area. I recommend that you contact a seawall company directly. One company would be Charlotte County Seawall at 941-629-4900. You should talk to them directly as there are other variables that are taken into consideration. To answer your question, yes seawall is more expensive these days compared to years ago. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 1, 2012
Tammy Hayes answered:
I am a Realtor in Port Charlotte and would be happy to help you or answer any questions you may have. Right now there are 5 homes for sale in Port Charlotte Sec 12. Four are normal sales and one is a short sale. This is a nice area. It is convenient to I-75 at Kings Highway and is close to shopping, restaurants and grocery stores. It is a quick distance to go into Port Charlotte or just across the bridge to Punta Gorda. I can send you a neighborhood report if you would like. You can call or email me.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Tammy Hayes answered:
Contact a local real estate attorney.
Richard Rosenbaum
Murdock Circle, Port Charlotte
(941) 255-5220

Farr Law Firm
Nesbit St, Punta Gorda
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Tammy Hayes answered:
Use the MLS to search for homes -
Or you can search my web site which takes you directly to the MLS -

If I can answer any questions or help you search for a home, please contact me.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice