Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

33952 : Real Estate Advice

  • All40
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying21
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 231
Fri Oct 28, 2011
Steve Vinson answered:
Jim....I just emailed you

Steve Vinson
Clearwater Federal Mortgage
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 22, 2011
Tammy Hayes answered:
A carriage home is typically a multifamily unit that shares a common wall with its neighbors. The size of the home can vary. Often carriage homes are grouped in fours and tend to be on smaller lots. Sometimes they are also called coach homes.

A villa shares a common dividing wall. Often found in units of 2. Garages are usually attached with access directly into the home.

Both of these are found in communities with HOA fees that include items such as landscaping, lawn maintenance, pest control, irrigation, etc.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, 941-276-6185
Green Lion Realty,
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Kevin Weise answered:
Hi Sonny! Port Charlotte has a small Beach with a park, Public pool, fishing pier and boat ramp right in the City. Not the best place to bath in the water though. Most people prefer Manasota Beach in Englewood, which is about a 25 minute drive from Pt Charlotte, depending on where you are located within the City. The best place would be Siesta Key in Sarasota! This has consistantly been rated the 1 or 2 Best Beach in the World! and it happens to only be about a 40-45 minute drive from Port Charlotte. There are also several other beaches not to far.

If you would like to discuss anything else feel free to contatc me at anytime, good luck!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 15, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider working with any local agent of your own; he/she can provide suitable listings, any necessary information, schedule showings, etc.; if purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 17, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
I don't remember having a problem with ROBO signers in 1980.

Pick a Title Company, walk in their doors and ask them the same question:

I wouldn't deign to take this question away from them.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Alma Kee answered:
The legal description should bring light to the week of the timeshare, etc.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 3, 2013
Robbie Sifrit answered:
Good Morning Judy:

I don't see where you indicated what property? Can you send the address or MLS No. and I'll see what I can find out for you.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 16, 2013
The Borci Team answered:
Some areas of South Gulf Cove have no bridge, it just depends where the property is located. For bridges in South Gulf Cove you would want to be able to clear 10' most of the year. In the Summer when the canals are higher from all the rain it could be as little at 9-3/4'. The lock length and width is 80' x 20'. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 17, 2011
Karen Rand answered:
I'd be more than happy to take a look at the house to see if its something I can sell for you. Contact me at 941-662-0195 or
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 14, 2012
Bill Eckler answered:

Yes, there are a number of homes in the Port Charlotte area that are being sold furnished or "turn key." If you would like to provide some more specific information we would be happy to pass you along information for you to preview.

Best wishes with your search.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 15, 2011
Danielle Sharp answered:
Find a buyer's agent you feel comfortable with - they should be able to provide you with extra photos, research and contacts for inspections/repairs. A large majority of my clients live out of state and many have purchased sight unseen this way.

If I can be of service don't hesitate to ask....we would love to earn your business.


O 239.541.5363
C 248.207.4445
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 13, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no property is mentioned, consider a Google search and Google Maps for distance...
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 9, 2015
Tammy Hayes answered:
Looking at the Charlotte County Permits, there are permits on file that mention demolition from storm damage. You can go to the permit site and type in the address:

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Robert Rowe answered:
Fri Nov 21, 2014
Tammy Hayes answered:
You can use any local A/C company to install one for you. I can send you a recommended vendor list if you would like.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2011
Michael Emery answered:
If the bank has only orally agreed to the sale and they have not agreed to the sale in writing (signatures) then you should be able to do a cancellation of the sale. I'm not sure of Florida law but in some states the cancellation would require signatures from both buyer and seller. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue May 17, 2011
David Burnham answered:
It would depend on a lot of factors, including the efficiency of your AC. Also, you Gould be able to raise it up a little higher than 79 and also turn your water heater down.

With all of this, you are probably looking to average around $25 per month when it is vacant. If you really got everything unplugged, like all the alarm clocks and tv sets, you might be able to knock a few dollars off, but even unplugging the fridge has only a small impact.

I owed a vacation home in NC and found that my bill was usually around $50 a month in the cooling season, but we were there about two weekends a month. In a month where we didn't go at all, it was around $30, but we didn't unplug appliances or turn things off.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Phil Rotondo answered:
A Reverse Mortgage is a loan specifically designed for homeowners older than 62 years of age. You borrow money from your home that can be used for any purpose but you do not pay it back until you die, sell your home or permanently move out. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 17, 2011
Elizabeth Herbert answered:
You can check an area's demographics by going to
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 23, 2014
Randy and Vicki Biehl answered:
The price normaly goes by the sqft of the home and a average home 1400 to 1800 can run $250 to $350, but you will also want a wind mitigation report which can and another $50 to $75. The wind mitigation report may be useful for your hurricane insurance discounts.
Termite inspections prices range from free to $75. Septic tank inspections and pumps can start at $275 or so and that is with no repairs. I hope this has help and if I can help answer other questions feel free to contact me.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice