Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 33913 : Real Estate Advice

  • All29
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 55
Tue Sep 4, 2012
John Martin answered:
Contact a local title company, if you need one, give me a call: 239-246-3004 and I will set you up.

John Martin
Sun Realty
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 28, 2012
Ann Ryan answered:
Michael, if the property has been empty for 4 years, start with a thorough home inspection and extermination. Because no property remains "empty" that long in Florida!
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri May 25, 2012
Sarah Garrett answered:
Be careful of bank addendums like that. You will want to know exactly what is owed and what they intend to pay prior to putting your self out there. Every situation I have been in regarding condo fees the bank has paid all of it. I had a situation where the bank's attorney and the HOA atty went back and forth for 5-6 months in and out of court and the bank ended up losing and had to pay $35000.00 in 3 years past HOA dues, late fees, attorneys fees, assessments and interest. This was on a $55K foreclosure sale here in Ft. Myers. Hope that helps you.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2011" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Cell: 239-464-8620
Web Access to MLS:
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 28, 2012
Denny Sharma answered:
It's not on the market in Fort Myers MLS right now
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 22, 2012
allan erps,ABR,SFR answered:
In case you missed it Spring Training is over. Do you mean next year??
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
I am not crazy about the word bid, makes it sound like an auction. I would prefer to use the word Offer. All sellers, banks or persons, all have different expectations with acceptable offers. Most sellers will accept something below listed price these days. 2-4% below is pretty common in my market area. The exception are short sales because a bank will have to accept the offer and they have not set the asking price, so they will often expect more than the listed price. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 25, 2012
Marge Bennett answered:
they want the folks who will actually live in the units to have first pick. Once you establish this as your primary residence, you are certainly free to come and go. Why wouldn't you be moving in within 60 days? ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 20, 2012
Antonio Vega-Pacheco answered:
DId you bid via an action site?
Or did you place an offer via an agent?
It is not common for clients to be told that their amount is lower than other offers, that sounds like some information leaked out. What should happen is that you and every other offeror will get a form called a "highest and Best" request giving you the opportunity to increase your offer. Then the bank will pick one and let everyone Know, ususally within 2 or 3 days.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 13, 2016
Danielle Sharp answered:
Find a Realtor you want to work with - they can do all the leg work, check status etc. Most websites are not 100% up to date for listing status.
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Rich Homer answered:
This is a question for a local attorney who knows your finacial standing and what you have to lose or not lose. You should be a able to negotiate a 30 minute consultation for free.
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Brian Flock answered:
My experience with banks is that they will respond to mold if a professional noted it.

Just realize that will add more time to your closing.

Good luck!
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 25, 2011
Tracey Martin answered:
If you owe more than your condo is worth, then you are in a short sale situation. In a short sale, it is the missed payments that do the real damage to your credit. The short sale itself, usually doesn't cause much of a credit score drop, if any at all. So, you need to hire a Realtor with short sale experience, who can negotiate with your lender/servicer and get them to approve the short sale without missing any payments. Your hardship is that you are in the military and have orders to move. If the bank will not negotiate, contact your local Congressman's office. The Congressman's office in my area has turned a "no" into "yes" for several of my clients.
I think that is important that your Realtor tries to get the lender/servicer to work with you first. If the Congressman's office knows that your Realtor tried to convince the lender/servicer to work with you, and could not get them to listen, they will be in a better position to help. Good Luck
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 7, 2011
Michael Emery answered:
You would need to check with a Florida attorney as the law varies from state to state. In Minnesota the HOA can collect up to 6 months of dues from the bank that owns the property.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
LLoyd Nichols answered:
REO is better for sure. You will get an answer to your offer in a short time. The other types of short Sale I would consider is if the asking price has been approved by the lender or if the Agent has a history with that lender and has had some success with the lender. Meaning nin there is a true relationship between the negotiatior of that bank and the Agent and that all the paper work has been done.
Your Agent has to do the neccessary research to find all this for you. If you need some help give me a call.
Good luck,
LLoyd Nichols
Sandals Realty
cell: 239-810-2980
office: 239-463-5217
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 10, 2011
Justin Ruzicka asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 15, 2015
Marc Comisar answered:
No will have a lot of competition though.
0 votes 36 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 1, 2010
Danielle Sharp answered:
Your best bet is to contact a real estate attorney. If you call any government agency they will not give you legal advice.

Best of luck to you!
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 22, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
You might try to send a letter with "address correction" to see if the mail is getting forwarded to an heir. You pay a small fee to the Post Office for this service.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Marc Comisar answered:
Stenda.....we would love to help. Please email me and we will begin on how to find you the right property.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Marc Comisar answered:
Sure........however delays are standard. If you want to avoid delays do not pursue distressed property.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice