Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

33815 : Real Estate Advice

  • All1
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 169
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Adrianna Cowan Waddy answered:
First of all, hire a real estate agent to find out what the FHA maximums are in the area you want to purchase. The loan amounts/prices vary from County to County within States. That agent should be able to hook you up with a lender who can further qualify you for the purchase. The lender will provide you and your agent/broker with a letter stating that you qualify for "x amount of loan" that will be presented with your offer to the seller. Hope this helps. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Laura Feghali answered:
Hello Mr. Adams,
I suggest that you seek the counsel of a real estate attorney to determine if your closing costs are fair and reasonable as they are the legal experts.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun May 26, 2013
Kathleen Long answered:
Great question and the local market in Lakeland has had recent commercial big box chains, medical offices and gas stations adding more jobs to the community. If you like I can send you data for that area at no charge to you. Just email me your request at or text me your email and contact information to 813-470-0047. All the best to you! Kathleen Century 21 Beggins ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 29, 2012
Luis Mora answered:
I didn't get the information on the property... Do you have the address???
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 30, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
you can not have a "contract" unless it is signed by all parties meaning it is official. To be unofficial means you have no contract and therefore any buyer could step in front of you to buy, you probabily should not be spendning money on a HI. After saying that bank owned homes are sold as is, the bank will not usually renegotiate on any issue that could be seen with the naked eye. Those ietsm should have been addressed in your offer. They only wil look at hidden defects such as well, septic or termites inmost instances. First check to see if you have a contract, if not get it signed before you pay for any inspections or anything ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 23, 2012
Mack McCoy answered:
Here's my tip: Save up enough money for both a minimal down payment, closing costs, and six months of living expenses. Then, go buy a house like the rest of us.

The problem with "rent-to-own" is that you drastically reduce your choices - imagine you had just won a gift card for $5000. Now, imagine it's to Papyrus. That's not quite so good, is it?

The percentage of sellers who are looking to sell their homes "rent-to-own" are fewer than one in a hundred. Given that the typical home buyer looks at between fifteen and seventy-five homes, a R-T-O buyer would have to look at fifteen HUNDRED homes to find a satisfactory one with agreeable terms.

That's just the "terms" part. Then, there's the matter of pricing. You've heard it said that, "Cash is King?" Well, credit and terms usually weaken your bargaining position. So you now are paying more, for less choice, than if you bought like people normally do.

Finally, there's the risk. You may be renting "to-own," but what happens if the seller stops making their payments and gets foreclosed upon (you're out of luck). Or if the seller changes their mind. (I'll sue! Really? You have the money to pay an attorney, but you don't have enough for a down payment?)

So, my tip is: do things like people normally do. You'll be better off.

All the best,
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 12, 2012
Nathan Tutas answered:
Hi Heather,

If you like you can give me a call in the morning and I can get you headed in the right direction. Take care.

Nathan Tutas
407-870-3581 ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 22, 2012
Bake answered:
Yes, it is. In my opinion it is built better than most. At the time that we bought ours you could tour their manufacturing plant and could arrange for modifications to their stock plans. I do not know whether or not a person can do that now. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Bill Szydlowski answered:
Talk with your CPA or your real estate or Tax Attorney. they can tell you your options.

Bill Szydlowski
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 7, 2012
Daniel Moorey answered:
Please let me know if I can assist you. That property does not appear to be available to buy or rent at this time. I am very familiar with the area and can assist you in finding a similar property. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously; therefore visit with any licensed loan officer; also choose an agent to work with... ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 18, 2012
Mott Marvin Kornicki answered:
My experience says NO. Since youwere the only signer/applicant it appears that your wife is safe from judgment. Check with a CPA or ATTY to be certain.

South Beach Real Estate Guy
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 23, 2012
Cheryl Jarvis answered:
Hi Briana, if you are thinking about buying a home the first thing you need to do is get in touch with a lender and see if you qualify for a loan. I can get you in touch with some great lenders in our area. Once it has been determined that you do qualify, then you can start working with a Realtor, such as myself, to find the perfect home for you. Give me a call and I can guide you through the process. 863-670-4548

Cheryl Jarvis
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 5, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no link is visible, did you ask your agent and or attorney the question...
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Shawn Ryan Rosa answered:
If its a townhome or condo community which an association that governs what goes on in the community and cares for common areas within the community, then there will be a Home Owners Association that charges owner within the community a fee (usually billed monthly). ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 13, 2012
Alma Kee answered:
Hi Chester,

Call the Lakeland Police department if you think your Mom is being victimized. If your Mom needs guardianship (if she is incapicitated to take care of herself) you may also want to apply for that through the courts.

Good luck!
Alma Kee
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 3, 2014
Cathy Esses answered:
According to the Polk County Tax records the property is owned by:
Sidney J. Ney
204 Dairy Road, Auburndale, FL 33823
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 14, 2011
Richard Tressler answered:
Since this is an active deal, you probably want to discuss it with your realtor.

Generally speaking, sellers are looking for buyers that they can ge comfortable will get to closing. If you had a formal loan approval from a lender, then I would offer that up to a seller as evidence of your viability as a buyer. Some sellers are taking that extra step up front to confirm that a buyer's financing is viable....something that your lender would normally do a little later in the process. You can ask your lender to give you a loan commitment and you continue your home buying process. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 6, 2017
Fran Rokicki answered:
I don't believe that your insurance carrier will cover you, or the bank who is writing your mortgage, without that CO. Check with a local real estate attorney, before going forward. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 3, 2011
Ron and Debbie DoorenBos answered:
You could qualify for 100% VA financing .
Keep your money and get a low 4.5% interest rate.
I have a lender that specializes in 100% VA financing 30 day closings
Ron cell 863-398-3303 ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search Advice