Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 33647 : Real Estate Advice

  • All76
  • Local Info11
  • Home Buying43
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 92
Sat Feb 23, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
HOA fees are accounted for on the Settlement statement. If your sale is prior to your hearing you should be fine, if you sale is after your hearing, you will need to ask the judge for an extension.

Find another attorney, you will need representation.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 5, 2013
William Polack answered:
A short sale is going to do as much damage to your credit as a foreclosure, it just feels better knowing that you may have helped the bank make more money. You definitely want to consult an Attorney when doing a short sale so that the lender doesn't come after you for any deficiencies.

If a Realtor helps you with the short sale, in most cases, the bank will pay their fee. However, if the bank does not pay their fee, you might have to. So, make sure that the contract states that you don't have to. You'll also have to check with the Association to make sure they don't come after you for any deficiencies.

Have you thought about renting? Most HOA's don't allow renting but if they are faced with another foreclosure in the complex, they may reconsider. Every time someone defaults on the condo, the remaining tenants have to make up the difference on the shortage of the dues (in most cases). Talk to the owner's and ask them to find you a renter so that their value doesn't go down. You may be able to find someone with bad credit looking for a place that they can lease purchase until their credit gets better.

The market is coming back slowly but it's coming back. Try to hold off as long as possible. If you end up with a short sale, you won't be able to buy again for 3 years from the sale date. The lender may also agree to modify the loan to a point that is affordable for you to rent the unit to avoid foreclosure. You do not have to be late on the mortgage in order to modify the loan, you just have to be insistent (keep at them).
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 9, 2012
Liane Jamason answered:
Depends on your lease but I *think* in the standard Florida lease that most Realtors use, there is a section which gets you out if you are deployed. Might want to consult your lease and a real estate attorney just in case. The owner can give you 24 hours notice to enter the home for repairs, etc. but I'm not sure this applies to showings. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Daphyne Thomas answered:
Hi Lyndamylou,

There are two answers, I can give you. One if a property is listed at 100k, you can still put an offer on it. I will tell you it's very competive right now, there are alot of big investors buying up properties in that price range and inventory is low. So, some buyers are actually coming in higher on their offers.

Depends on the type of listing too! If it's an approved short sale. Sometimes a listing agent will say it's an approved price. That means the bank will not accept any less for the property than 100k. But an approved short sale does have a time frame too so it's best to have an experienced buyer's agent help put your offer together. They can contact the agent and find out how old the approval is for you.

I hope that answers your questions.A buyer's agent can tell you what tell you what the property is worth and help you come up with the best offer. And remember the buyer's agent is paid by the seller! If your in need help.... you can check out my buyer's presentation for myself and company at
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 30, 2016
Octavia Cheveresan answered:
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Lynn Brock answered:
Margie, if the mortgage and credit card company have an affiliation relationship then yes. This maybe surprising or distressing, but, credit is tight you have learned a hard lesson.

Try calling the credit card agency and ask if they would consider reopening the card with a posted guarantee. For example, you might be able to obtain a credit card with a $500 limit if you have an associated savings account with $500 in it.

Best regards,

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 11, 2013
janewyatt answered:
You can find a list of foreclosures, short short sales and auctions on www.foreclosuresus. com
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Robert Wilson answered:
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Alma Kee answered:
Hi Tricia,

You can see what is actually available (note: Short Sales that have never been approved may not possible even tens of thousands above the asking price so just know that the prices are fictitious until the lender approves the seller and also does their appraisal to determine value).

Cash buyers can go to the courthouse and bid on REOs. Non-cash buyers must line up with other retail buyers and compete--especially below $150k. Also most condo complexes cannot get financing with less than 20-50% down so you may have to rule out condos in your search.

You're welcome to see the available properties by signing up for a free Listingbook account on my website:

It will show you if a property is not available, i.e. "active with contract" is not available to you as another buyer already has a contract. Many websites, including will not distinguish between "active" and those that are "active with contract" so it will give you a distorted view of what it truly available. The "active with contract" listings are already under contract and many times they will not even allow a showing for a "backup" contract.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Stephen McRory answered:
Read this ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu May 10, 2012
Lisa Reeves answered:
You need to speak to an attorney - this is a legal question. Try Bay Area Legal and see if you qualify for their services 813.490.9432.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
Gary Geer answered:
If you are interested contact the owner of have your agent contact the owner for you. You don't have to wait until the home gets foreclosed in order to buy it. Have your agent persue a short sale if needed with the sellers. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 10, 2012
Dan Tabit answered:
You can do whatever you think is best for your family. The advantage of staying for many people is that they save the money they may be paying in rent or mortgage. The bank may require some payment to forestall foreclosure long enough to allow the short sale process to take place.
My suggestion would be to find an experienced agent to handle the short sale. Price it at a point that will generate offers quickly and still stand a chance of getting approved. You will shorten up the "showing" phase and get to wait out the approval time.
Going through foreclosure is the most damaging option to your credit and will take the longest to recover from.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 14, 2012
Jenifer Green Grigg answered:
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Kevin Cloutier answered:
That site is a rip off. They want to tell you about foreclosures PNLY if you pay for it.

Any good agent working as your buyer agent can get bthem for you for FREE. Dont be conned.

Good Luck

... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Liane Jamason answered:
Reach out to local banks that you know, or your own mortgage lender and offer your services and ask who is currently handling their REO inventory. Do BPOs. Beg. You have to try to get your foot in the door somewhere and the best way is through people you already know.

Liane Jamason, REALTOR
Smith & Associates Real Estate
727-755-3325 cell
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 19, 2012
Alma Kee answered:
Thanks for posting this!

Also send an email to your brokers to distribute to their Realtors to solicit volunteers. I sent our broker an email this morning.

See you on Friday!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 23, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Andy if you have a house in mind, check the posting on the door for who the listing agent is. if you are just starting, you should hire a buyer broker who can assit you through each step of teh bank owned buying process, they should be local, full time, full service and well expereinced in bank owned homes. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 18, 2015
Abu Musa answered:
It is depend on your local city and court. You may find it from your local authority.
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 19, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Check with any local agent/realty office, they all have access to the same information....
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice