Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 33315 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 67
Wed May 22, 2013
Margaret Amador answered:
FHA has a special program called 203K. That means licensed repair professionals need to do the work with permits. The money is left in escrow to be paid as the work is done. A little more work and planning but why not ask your loan professional about specifics. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed May 7, 2014
Jannicha Aileen Forte, PA answered:
Hi Eddie,

A good way to find out is to ask your owner directly. If you are hearing these rumors you should have peace of mind because I know it can be a stressful situation. But simply asking your landlord would be the best way to find out aside from doing your own research online and getting a hold of public records.
I hope this helps you some.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 6, 2014
Jesus Pazmino answered:
Hi Angelica,

Buying a foreclosure through a listed property is usually always closed through the title agent. The title agent will run a lien and title search that will show any defects in title and give the bank the opportunity to correct those defects. In the end, unless otherwise stated, your title should be free and clear. You do not pickup any debts. This goes for any listed property, shortsale, regular Sale, foreclosure.

Please feel free to call me and I can go into more detail.

Jesus Pazmino PA
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Lynne Knapp answered:

Per your question on Trulia > Southeast 15th Street #606, Fort Lauderdale FL 33316. VERY INTERESTED, WHAT IS THE HOA FEES? PLEASE GIVE MORE INFO ON THIS PROPERTY.

REO Closed Sale $58,275 March 22, 2011 (That;s how low), HOA $379mo

Contact me 'Lynne Knapp' (965) 647-5335 Cellular, or email me the best number and time to call you to chat!

Lynne Knapp, Realtor
ReMax Consultants Realty 1
Ft Lauderdale FL
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 18, 2013
Joan Tole answered:
thats a hard question, depending on the bank and the situation. In order to answer it, need more info, like who is the lender and what has been going on etc
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 29, 2012
Linda Cowen answered:
HI John,
I haven't experienced it yet and I sold a great deal of destressed condos last year always for bargain basement prices.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 28, 2012
Antonio Vega-Pacheco answered:
Since the property will be for investment you will have to pay taxes to the US goverment every year of your income. You will need to get a tax filing number from the IRS (similar to a TIN, temporary identification number given to foreign workers) for you to pay taxes. You will also have to pay the local county taxes on property value. If you ever sell the property, 10% of the earnings will be hold back until you pay the final tax bill to US, that is called FIRTPA. Overall it is easy system to follow, just get a loacal Certified Public accountant to complete your US taxes.

Here is a link to the goverment website which explains all in details:,,id=120219,00.html

Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "thumbs up" below.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Andrew Muller answered:
No realtors can give legal advice by law! This group of questions are better suits a qualified attorney to respond.
Hire an experienced real estate attorney for legal advice.
Any questions related to real estate transactions, process, or mortgages, lending process I would be more then happy to assist.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 7, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
The Banks are reluctant to lose more money.
The technique that a lot a people use is to offer $5000 more, and ask for Closing Costs;
This would reduce the Cash-out-of-pocket, if not reducing the NET.
The Banks are not a docile, intimidated entity; they are very savy and protective of their assets.
I wouldn't expect much in the way of favors.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 29, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
It is not necessarily shady, you have to read all the fine print BEFORE looking at those starting prices. It should be in big print THAT EACH AUCTION IS SUBJECT TO A RESERVE and that the seller has the right to approve or decline EVERY winning bid. Most homes are assigned to an agent, but they are usually occupied or over priced, the banks would be better off to lower the prices to where they should be instead of wasting a month or 2 with this auction. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 3, 2011
Courtney Stephens answered:
Hi Tony,

I'd be happy to help you if you aren't already working with a Realtor.

Courtney Stephens
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue May 31, 2011
Alma Kee answered:
Too risky in Florida with the Homestead protection laws and bankruptcy that can drag on a foreclosure forever.

A Realtor would be foolish to recommed her client get involved with financing, too much liability. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 3, 2011
zillow support answered:
Call Law firm of Laurence Levine ( Plantation FL) . They just handled the same sintuation for a client of mine.
With ch. 7 you give up the NOTE , but the mortgage is the instrument the bank use to foreclose.
During the bankrupcy period you still can negotiate with your lender modification and if approved you can stay in your home.
However , the attorney will give you better information.
Their consulatation is free and charges for ch.7 are only $2000 ( including the court fees!!)
Tel: 954- 769-9555
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Nadine Mauro answered:
Hi Nmbound,

One of your options would be to do a short sale on the house. If you had to move for employment reasons and the revenue from the rent is not sufficient to pay the mortgage this may qualify as the "hardship" for the short sale.

Other options would be to contact the bank to see if you can do a loan modification, or a deed in lieu of foreclosure. The other option would be to just let it foreclose.

If you would like more information on short sales, or would like to try to sell the house as a short sale, please send me an email or give me a call.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Fran Rokicki answered:
Go online and Google, REO Agents. You should find a bunch in your area who can help you with your purchase. Good luck to you! It's a good time to buy!
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 21, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider working with an agent of your own; he/she can provide you with available properties that meet your needs, keep you informed as new properties arrive on the market, schedule showings, provide you with comps--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area--give you any necessary information, etc. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Angela Schrager answered:
Hi Jeremiah: I would be happy to monitor the property for you and arrange for an email alert as soon as the status is changed on the MLS. If it falls through it will likely as not be put back as Active. If it does go through, the status will changed to Closed and you will know either way.

Let me know if you'd like to me to do that for you. I will need the address of the property.

Happy Holidays!

Villa G Realty, Inc.
tel: 954-816-7996
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 21, 2010
Pennie Arneson answered:
You can make an offer directly to the bank to buy the house. That saves the bank the hassle of trying to fix and sell the home.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 20, 2010
Bob Movin-On answered:
Yes, in fact a company called PennyMac has been buying up defaulted loans at cents on the dollar then modifying the mortgages at full value.

Bob Patrick
Buy a home after foreclosure expert ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Sharon Molnar answered:
Look in the phone book for the Bar Associations phone number. Call them and ask for a Pro Bono Attorney for whatever field you are needing. If they are a member of the Bar, they are required to give out so many Pro Bono hours. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice