Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Quality of Life in 33280 : Real Estate Advice

  • All0
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 13
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Jorge Cruz answered:
Snow bird resident of our northerner state and Canada influence tourism
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Steven Epstein, P.A. answered:
Need to know your budget to advise, for the best of the best neighborhoods start in the $1/2M and up, the better ones start from $250K. So what's your abilities?
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Yanoska Diaz answered:
In addition to our beautiful beaches, the diversity or our great community.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Nereida Figueroa answered:
Every year before the hurricane season Miami-Dade County develope strategies in how to act in case we have a hurricane warning. I suggest to you to look at and look for those guide for the entire family. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Bill Eckler answered:

Your search area covers a pretty broad area and so it would be most likely that you could find a "lease option."

Most people selling their property do not initially consider a lease option scenario upon listing their property. They list it for sale and generally, consider this alternative after they get into the selling process. Availability of these options is limited but they are there. In most cases, it's a matter of the buyer finding a truly motivated seller and creating the opportunity.

For buyers, like yourself, seeking lease options, it is probably best to do so by working with a specific agent from your location of choice to test the market. It's possible that they may know of someone that would consider a lease option.

Additionally, people that may take you seriously, would probably insist on a larger deposit to protect their interests. Plan accordingly.

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 2, 2010
Adrian Diaz Sieckel answered:
Hi There,
I found two sets of stats:

One is what you will find here on the Trulia website

The other is from Metro Dade County.
I am sure more current stats are available as they should have just been published.

Unfortunately, when this data is disbursed it is not given by zip but rather by city or municipality which in many cases encompasses more than one zip code.

For example, both zips you are referring to are in the City of Miami. One is Brickell Proper (33131) and the other is Brickell west going beyond i-95. While they both have overlap in building types where the zip codes meet so to speak... There is a difference in value of properties, transience, size of properties, years held and income levels as you move west.

As to what happens after 4:30, I would direct you to the City of Miami Police dept & their public information division or Ombudsman to help with that question as it would go beyond what you would find in published reports. That website would be
But again, you will need to speak to someone for granular data or find a pay service.

I am guessing this is for a commercial space with some sort of social use IE: bar, club, restaurant, etc...?

Feel free to correct me or reach out if there is something more specific you might have in mind.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 13, 2008
Don Tepper answered:
Actually, despite the previous answer, there's nothing in the code of ethics that forbids Realtors from providing advice in response to the question you asked. In fact, that's one of the benefits of working with a Realtor. Sounds like you've got a good plan. Find a Realtor who knows the area.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 4, 2008
Bill Eckler answered:
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Debi Quade, GRI, CRS answered:
Are you looking to buy or to rent? What is your budget? The closer to the beach, the more expensive it is.
Where will you be working? Will you want to commute? There are many questions you need to answer before you make a major home decision. I would be able to help you more with more information.
There are many places to live that would meet your lifestyle.
Debi Quade
Carson Realty
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 3, 2009
Lisa Hill answered:
Inkumo- Do you know this for a fact?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 24, 2008
Jose Gomez answered:
Hi Olga, This is a common occurence with some tenants. Hopefully you collected the last month and a security deposit upfront. If you did, you can retain them with no objection to return the funds as the tenants defaulted. Another option of course, which can be a lengthy process, is to take the tenants to small claims court. If the remainder portion is small, you might be better off letting it slide, accept that this is one of the hardships of owning rental properties and quickly turn around and rent it again to hopefully regain some of your loss. As a Realtor and general rule of thumb, we push to collect the 1st month, Last month and security. Sometimes there's a 2nd month security collected (1 for any month defaulted and the 2nd security for any damages that incure). Be wise in your qualifications (get background checks, credit checks, etc) and be thankful when you find a long lasting tenant that is on time with their dues. Best of Luck! Jose Gomez - Miami Realtor - ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 14, 2008
Paula Bean answered:
Congrats Charlene!
There are many choices, PA, LLC, SCorp, etc.

You should talk to your CPA about this, as it depends on your personal situation as to what is best for you to do.

Good luck!!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 19, 2008
Bettina Robson answered:
Hi Charlene, Good question. It shows you are thinking with a business head. PA means Professional Association and means that you have filed for Sub S Corporation status. I am not an attorney or CPA. When I became a PA I did so on the advice of my CPA.That advice was that if you are making over $50,000 annually you should consider this status. There is a tax benefit. Everyone's situation is different. So I advise you check with an accountant. If you are short on cash, H&R Block is pretty reasonable to start out. Check with your broker on who they use. Every agent needs a good tax advisor. By the way. Are you working yet? I am looking for an agent. Click on my info and send me an email. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice