Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in 33054 : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Sat Jun 2, 2012
Jeff and Ginny Mitchell answered:
Many banks are offering what is commonly called "cash for keys" in order to assure that you will leave the home in reasonable "broom clean" condition and peacefully hand the keys to the designated agent that the bank has indicated. As Realtors, we have done this many times. The amount varies, but when the

The way you know this is true is
1) As for a copy of the offer in writing.
2) Call your mortgage bank loss mitigation department to confirm the offer.
3) Arrange to meet the Realtor assigned by the bank at the home after you have moved out and reasonably cleaned the home. They will hand you the check when you hand them the keys.

Hopefully you have arranged a cooperative short sale with the bank or a deed-in-lieu which are less damaging to your credit rating than a foreclosure. Good luck to you.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice