Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in 32828 : Real Estate Advice

  • All103
  • Local Info14
  • Home Buying47
  • Home Selling13
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 14
Tue Aug 28, 2012
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi Terrie Ann,

This is a terrific question! I would recommend getting your name out there by creating a business page on the website Yelp. Just a thought! :)

Good luck,
Ali, Community Manager ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Try your local building department. I am sure plans had to be submitted when the house was built, and, depending on the age of the home, they may still be on file.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon May 9, 2011
Hein Karman answered:
This will depend on the Owner's or Property Manager's requirements.
We are a Management company, who doesn't check credit, simply for the reason that almost everybody who wants to rent has an issue with his/her credit. Specially the ones who lost their home in foreclosure.
We do a Criminal Background check and look for problems with previous Landlordsn (Evictions) to qualify our Tenants.

Use this argument when you talk to somebody about renting an appartment, it just makes sense.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 27, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you want to add someone to your deed, you can go to a local real estate attorney or title compnay, you will either need a copy of your deed or have them complete a title search to get a copy, they then can type up a new 'quit claim" deed adding the new person to the deed and then recording it for you.

The process should cost less than $200

I hope this helps
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Alan Martin answered:
I am an REO Broker for a large bank and I was ' invited ' to tender for the work. I do not think that you find them. They will find you . It will e based on the number of REO properties it is that you have sold, how quuikly they sold and how close they were ssold to the asking pice. best of luck ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 14, 2010
Mott Marvin Kornicki answered:
I think it depends on the severity of the complaint. Each case is different- my feeling is that the investigation will continue.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 20, 2009
Tam04 asked:
Mon Aug 3, 2009
John Bennett answered:
If this is your first time, Dexter, nothing can be more valuable than a good attorney. Later as you lend the ropes, then you can do you self, but the first time I suggest you use an Attorney.

Also, it the numbers are low enough you can go to small claims and get a judgment.. Your attorney can advise you as to the best way to handle this.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 31, 2010
Jacqueline Clarke answered:
Did you try your homeowner's insurance? I don't know of any grants specifically for the repairs your need. Most grants are for first time homebuyers.

I would call your agent to determine if the insurance company will consider paying for the repairs.

Good Luck,
Jacqueline Clarke
Enterprise Mortgage Group
Winter Park, FL
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 14, 2008
Scott Godzyk answered:
They will not allow that, in bankruptcy they can go back up to 2 years and any property you sold they can attach. it would be fraud as they will still have a lien on the property. you can avoid forclosure by calling the home retention department at your bank and discuss your options. you can also to a deed in lieu of foreclosure with the bank to try and avid teh bankruptcy p[art. you really should check with a bankruptcy attorney for the new bankruptcy laws, it is completely different than what it used to be and not as easy to wipe out debt. good luck working things out ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 27, 2011
Jennifer De Vivo answered:
In some cases I have seen where a couple has legally separated and inhabited two residences and been able to claim a primary occupancy for mulitple addresses due to the separation. However, this question would best posed to a Real Estate Attorney. But from the surface, it seems you are in direct violation of your loan guidelines and the lender is well within their rights to accelerate the loan. The only other advice I can give you would be to sell the home and pay off the existing liens/loans. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 19, 2008
Carol Fosgate answered:
TIm; THere are lots of furnished properties, especially in the Kissimmee area. I will do some research and get back with you as soon as possible. Carol Fosgate
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 29, 2008
Daniel answered:
does your signed contract allow you to put a lein against the property?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 18, 2012
Jacqueline Fortier - JC Penny Realty answered:
Hello Richard,

When you view homes that you, are wishing to purchase, and are zoned for short term rentals, check who is the company managing the house or townhome at that time.
This will give you a good idea on how they keep the property maintained.

Also, you can go to
and search by community to ask owners what management companies they use and get feedback from them.

Most times you can get a good list of management companies from your Realtor.

Questions to ask..
Does your company take care of lawns and trees, pools, pest control, cleaning services and general maintenance?
How do you market my vacation home?
Do you have a rental calendar that I can view my homes rentals?
Am I able to use my home at anytime I wish?
Am I able to put renters in my vacation home addition to yours?

If I can be of any assistance, please feel fre to drop me a line.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Search Advice