Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in 32812 : Real Estate Advice

  • All26
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying12
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 90
Sat May 4, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
Someone is doing a lot of work for you, making you money, and you don't want to give them their "due"?
You do not deserve the service!
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 25, 2013
Mark Marcus answered:
Great question! The seller pays the buyer's agent. So if you are a home buyer, your costs are covered by the seller of the home.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Mark LeMenager answered:
To be honest the pool is a problem because they don't appraise well any more. Other than they there is way too little info given. Have a local agent come over and give you their opinion. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
In an ideal situation, you are probably looking at 60 days to close the sale; that would put you at April 1st.
Things are seldom IDEAL.
Across the nation, the DOM right now is about 70 days to sell, plus 30 for the Escrow. That would make it 100 days or May 10th.
Talk to a local Realtor and see if they agree.
... more
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Richard Tressler answered:
As a practical matter, most insurance companies are requiring that homes be updated to newer electric panels with circuit breakers instead of fuses. Additionally, if you have a breaker box that is FPE - Federal Pacific Electric, it is likely that they will ask you/buyer to replace it or face higher rates. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Mark LeMenager answered:
There is no such reason. It's capitalism 101. The market determines the value of everything. The rest is just opinion. Remember - perception is reality.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 4, 2013
Mark LeMenager answered:
You have your agent email a PDF of the written signed offer to the listing agent. It's not rocket science, it's real estate.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Eric Mieles answered:
Good evening. When you say your "Date was two days ago" are you referring to the date you signed your short sale approval letter?
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 19, 2014
Julie Wright answered:
It sounds like a short sale is the way to go if you are ready to sell it. Not everyone qualifies for a short sale though. Is this condo your primary home? Or an investment home? There is serveral criteria for qualifying. The market is on fire right now so you should be able to sell your condo pretty quickly. Short sales are taking 90 days on average to close. Please feel free to contact me, and I will be happy to explain the short sale process from start to finish.
Julie Wright, Bette Butz Realty, Inc.
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 5, 2012
Alan Martin answered:
I have see mobile home here on this sute so I guess hat it is OK
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 30, 2014
Marc George answered:
Kindred - Barry Miller Law is a business and real estate law firm located in Downtown Orlando. They specialize in Real Estate Law, Loan Modifications, Short Sales, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Defense, Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and more. Hope this helps! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 11, 2012
Tony and Holly Galarza answered:
I would recommend Karen R. Spell, P.A. She is absolutely amazing and is well known in Orlando, FL. Her number is (407) 992-4418. Let her know that Tony Galarza with Keller Williams Referred you. She will take great care of you.

Good luck and let me know if you have any real estate needs that I could help you with.

Tony Galarza
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 24, 2013
Alexander Grethe answered:
Hello Future Retiree;

This is actually fairly simple.
Please give me a call at 407-929-9674
I can explain the whole process to you then since there are quite a few options.

Thank you.

Have a great day,

... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 29, 2013
Daniel Barto answered:
My foreign sellers always sign a FIRPTA addendum with the contract. However, I do not know your specific situation and can not say if anything was done wrong or right. I am sorry about your situation. If you do not meet any of the following criteria.

This information may help you, it is directly from the IRS website-

Generally you do not have to withhold in the following situations; however, notification requirements must be met:
You (the transferee) acquire the property for use as a home and the amount realized (generally sales price) is not more than $300,000. You or a member of your family must have definite plans to reside at the property for at least 50% of the number of days the property is used by any person during each of the first two 12-month periods following the date of transfer. When counting the number of days the property is used, do not count the days the property will be vacant.
The property disposed of (other than certain dispositions of nonpublicly traded interests) is an interest in a domestic corporation if any class of stock of the corporation is regularly traded on an established securities market. However, if the class of stock had been held by a foreign person who beneficially owned more than 5% of the fair market value of that class at any time during the previous 5-year period, then that interest is a U.S. real property interest if the corporation qualifies as a United States Real Property Holding Corporation (USRPHC), and you must withhold on any disposition.
The disposition is of an interest in a domestic corporation and that corporation furnishes you a certification stating, under penalties of perjury, that the interest is not a U.S. real property interest. Generally, the corporation can make this certification only if the corporation was not a USRPHC during the previous 5 years (or, if shorter, the period the interest was held by its present owner), or as of the date of disposition, the interest in the corporation is not a U.S. real property interest by reason of section 897(c)(1)(B) of the Internal Revenue Code. The certification must be dated not more than 30 days before the date of transfer.
The transferor gives you a certification stating, under penalties of perjury, that the transferor is not a foreign person and containing the transferor's name, U.S. taxpayer identification number, and home address (or office address, in the case of an entity).
You receive a withholding certificate from the Internal Revenue Service that excuses withholding. Refer to Withholding Certificates.
The transferor gives you written notice that no recognition of any gain or loss on the transfer is required because of a nonrecognition provision in the Internal Revenue Code or a provision in a U.S. tax treaty. You must file a copy of the notice by the 20th day after the date of transfer with the:
Internal Revenue Service Center
P.O. Box 409101
Ogden, UT 84409.
The amount the transferor realizes on the transfer of a U.S. real property interest is zero.
The property is acquired by the United States, a U.S. state or possession, a political subdivision thereof, or the District of Columbia.
The grantor realizes an amount on the grant or lapse of an option to acquire a U.S. real property interest. However, you must withhold on the sale, exchange, or exercise of that option.
The disposition (other than certain dispositions of nonpublicly traded interests) is of publicly traded partnerships or trusts. However, if an interest in a publicly traded partnership or trust was owned by a foreign person with a greater than 5% interest at any time during the previous 5-year period, then that interest is a U.S. real property interest if the partnership or trust would otherwise qualify as a USRPHC if it were a corporation, and you must withhold on it.

The certifications in items (3) and (4) are not effective if you have actual knowledge, or receive a notice from an agent, that they are false. If you are required by regulations to furnish a copy of the certification to the IRS and you fail to do so in the time and manner prescribed, the certifications are not effective.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Alexander Grethe answered:
Hi there;

Unfortunately, a Short Sale would be in order.
Buying another home would greatly depend on how much cash you have available.
However, there are good programs available to give you "cash for keys" if you do a short sale.

There is also another program available besides a short sale that I can give you details about.

Call me any time at 407-929-9674

Thank you.

Have a great evening,

... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Fri May 24, 2013
David Rollins answered:
Contact me and I can help you with the sale.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Michael Thomas answered:
You will need an agent to list it in the mls for you to get maximum exposure and sell it quickly. Call me and I will be happy to do it for you.

Mike Thomas
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 18, 2012
Katie Mazloom answered:
When you list your home, you naturally want it to look in showing condition, reduce clutter, maybe new neutral paint, trim the hedges and provide good curb appeal, Generally spurce up and neutralize your home so the potential buyer will be impressed immediately and also start projecting this home as theirs. There are inexpensive cost effective tips. The real value will be in the location, the condition of the immediate neighborhood and total maintence of the home. Your realtor can make an evaluation and suggestions tailored to your specific needs. If you do not have a realtor, contact me, I will be happy to help you. I look forward to hearing from you.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 26, 2012
I live in Davenport at Legacy Park so I can maybe help you sell it real quick for the right price.

Let me know
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Mike Sperling answered:
I can refer you to someone that speaks Spanish. Do you prefer a particular language?
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice