Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in 32207 : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 7
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Nicole Alvarez answered:
Any home that was built in 2002 or later should qualify for the most recent building requirements allowing the maximum mitigation discount on their premium. There are many factors such as where the property is located, beaches vs. inland as well as what type of structure you are insuring, wood frame vs. concrete block as well as the type of roof that was being installed at time of construction. My best advice is to make a few calls to various insurance agents and compare their quotes with the coverage they are offering. If you need assistance in locating an insurance agent or have any other additional questions or concerns you can always reach me at 904-548-3032. Thank you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Steve Henrickson answered:
To me, this question is answered by a cost-benefit analysis in a specific situation. If I think I'm very healthy, I may choose not to carry certain health insurance policies, for example. Are we talking about homeowners' insurance? Are we talking about insuring a property for an amount higher than its value? Flood insurance on a property where it's not required?--Many people think it's a good idea to carry flood insurance for several reasons. What about liability coverage? What about life insurance on me if I'm 97 and not providing support for anyone? What about insurance for an extremely wealthy individual who can essentially self-insure? ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 26, 2016
Boris Russanov answered:
The best way to find out the cost of homeowners insurance is to contact insurance agent in the area, who will give you a free quotes.
If we talking about homeowners insurance in Florida, price depends on many factors: value of your home, your deductibles, it also depends on the year the house was built.
Don't forget about hurricanes. If the property meet the Newest Hurricane Building Code Safety Standards insurance will be lower than, for example, insurance for the same house built 30 years ago.
You might need a flood insurance as well.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 2, 2010
Brandon Mardenfeld answered:
I would recommend St Johns insurance company, There a Jacksonville based insurance company and just gave me an awesome rate for one of my rental properties
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 12, 2009
Frank & Sharon Alters answered:
The type of insurance is called "Mortgage Life Insurance" and you can find it by doing an online search or calling your insurance agent to find out if they carry this type of policy.

Hope this helps, Denise.

Sharon Alters, CDPE, GRI
Short Sale Specialist ~Distressed Properties
Watson Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 18, 2012
Christian Withington answered:
no it is only for if you default on the loan FHA will pay the lender.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 10, 2009
Judy Laufer answered:
Hello Terrance.
MIP is a Contract insuring a mortgage lender against default risk. Mortgage insurance allows a borrower to purchase a home with a down payment as low as 3 to 5% of the purchase price-even less for qualified borrowers-instead of the usual 20% down payment lenders normally require. Insurance premiums are paid by the borrower. The Federal Housing Authority, an agency in the Department of Housing and Urban Development, insures mortgages on one-to-four-family houses and condominiums, and it reimburses the mortgage lender if default occurs. This will be required if you are putting less than 20% down on the purchase of the home.

With warm regards,

Judy Laufer
Home Buyer Magazine 2009, Five Star Realtor
Premier Property Certified
INI Realty Investments, Inc.
Cell: (904) 955-8588
Fax: (904) 880-5138
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice