Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

30519 : Real Estate Advice

  • All22
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 45
Wed Jul 31, 2013
Melissa Reed answered:
We work with some great lenders who offer competitive loan programs for all credit scores. We also specialize in homes in the Buford area. Please feel free to give us a call- The Hill Wood Home Team (678)714-6384 or email us at ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 3, 2015
Christine Boldt answered:
Hi There!

With a credit score of 615 and 3.5% down it is likely that you would qualify for a mortgage. There are other factors involved such as your income, of course. I have a couple of wonderful lenders that I would love to have you speak with to find out exactly what you qualify for,

Please call me at 678-665-9448 or email me at and I will be happy to share more information with you and help you pair up with the best lender for your needs!
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun May 4, 2014
Jeffry E. Scott answered:
Call Pam Myers with Brand Mortgage her number is 678-429-9589. She should be able to help you and maybe show you other alternative programs. If you need help finding a property please call me at 678-4102004 or

Jeffry E. Scott
ERA Allpoints
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Laura A Koons-Boswell answered:

That is a fantastic program and there is also the HUD Good Neighbor Next Door program that could be of great use to you!

My primary area is Buford and my office is right on Hamilton Mill Rd.

Give me a call and let's get started!

Laura Koons, CDPE
Private Realty LLC
Cell (404) 423-7264
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 20, 2012
Jeffry E. Scott answered:
Helen, I do not see which home you are asking about. It was not attached to your question. If you send me the MLS # I will check for you. In general a lot of rentals do come with refrigerators. But to be sure please send directly to me at and I will confirm for you.

Thank you

Jeffry E. Scott
ERA Allpoints
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 29, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
All I can tell you, is what I am used to here:
The Deed is not RECORDED at the Closing; sometime later.
All I am worried about at Closing is getting the KEYS and passing them to the Buyer; the Buyer then owns the property, moves in, and the Mortgage and Insurance start.

I don't understand what your problem is;
Isn't your Realtor helping you?
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 7, 2012
Jeffry E. Scott answered:
When would you like to see it?

Jeffry E. Scott
ERA Allpoints
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Jeffry E. Scott answered:
First of all let me offer my services to you! I will show you the home and help you lease it if that is your desire. Second you can report the agent to the local board of realtors if they are a member. Or you can report them to the real estate commission in atlanta. We are told when working towards our real estate license that we are to be color blind when working with clients.

I am very sorry you have had this experience and being in this business for 35+ years in 4 states (19 here in Atlanta Metro) that the agent you are discribing is the exception not the rule. In my experience 98% or 99% of the agents I have done business with are good ethical people performing their duties to their clients as they should.

Jeffry E. Scott
ERA Allpoints
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Jeffry E. Scott answered:
I have lived here for about 15 years and have never had or heard of a problem relating to the prison.

If you need help in locating a home in the Buford area call me and I will be glad to set up a tour of homes for you.

Jeffry E. Scott
ERA Allpoints
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Sally Grenier answered:
First, this sounds somewhat complicated, and since we aren't part of the transaction, no agent on here can give you 100% accurate answer. Ask your Realtor. But I can say it's common for the bank (seller) to not want to pay any additional fees. That's just how it is with short sales. They are already taking a huge hit. They don't want to pay any more than they need to. There could be a high HOA transfer fee, or a reserve deposit, or whatever. If you want the property, you need to pay that. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 25, 2012
Jeffry E. Scott answered:
1st I would decide where in FL. then let me refer you to a good agent. You both need to get prequalified so you know how much home you each can afford (or are comfortable with the payments on). Then your agent should start the process of seeing what is available in your price range and next door to or a couple of doors away. It should not be a difficult couple of homes to purchase if you do your homework in the beginning.

Jeffry E. Scott
ERA Allpoints
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Ricardo Nadal answered:
There is a good/well know hospital system in Gwinnett county. Below is the website so you can do some research if you need to.
Ricardo Nadal
Associate Broker- Chapman Hall Realtors-Suwanee
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 24, 2017
Mark Minorczyk answered:
Minimum credit score requirements for FHA home loans depend on which FHA loan product the applicant needs. Generally speaking, to get maximum financing on typical new home purchases, applicants should have a credit score of 580 or better. Those with credit scores between 500 and 579 are, according the the FHA guidelines, "limited to 90 percent LTV".
Speaking with a loan officer at your local banking institution will be the most direct way to see if you qualify for FHA mortgage.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 25, 2011
Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville is in the top 100 Hospitals in the US. It is a long story how it got there, but it is great. Gwinnett Medical center is also a good hospital. Atlanta also has several excellent hospitals including Emory University.

I have never heard of a toxic dump in the area. I have been here since the mid 1970's.

Hope this helps. If you need mortgage help give me a call.
Tom Griesbach
Christensen Financial
Cell 678-591-8366
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 6, 2011
Solomon Greene answered:
Hi Pinciona76

Hello from Buford! Looks like you're considering the purchase of your first home. There are a few ways to purchase your first (or move up) home with (nearly) zero down. HUD-owned homes are currently offered at $100 down provided an FHA Mortgage is used to purchase any HUD-owned home. USDA mortgages are also available at 100% financing provided the property is in a designated rural area.

Your question, however, was with regard to ANY home. In that instance, you should consider a doctor's loan at 100% financing, but you must be a licensed medical doctor (or a doctor in residency). Veterans may also consider using a VA loan to purchase about any home of their choice.

Finally, consider the use of down payment assistance available through the Federal Government (up to $7500), State of GA (up to $7500) and Gwinnett County (up to $22,500). These are interest and monthly payment free-second mortgages offered to help you with the 3.5% down required on FHA mortgages and also may be applied to your closing costs. Please be mindful, however, that you will still be required to have some funds available (earnest money, appraisal, inspections, utility connections, etc.).

Please visit the site at the link below for the various programs and then call with questions at (678) 775-2677.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® and HUD certified Affordable Housing Counselor
Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 23, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
There are other factors besides credit that determine mortgage qualification, therefore consider visiting with any qualified loan officer, after reviewing your overall financials, a determination on qualification can be made, the type of loan, how much, how much down, etc., then go from there. Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously... ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed May 11, 2011
Harley12 asked:
Sat Apr 30, 2011
Karsten Torch answered:
What you really need to do is get with an agent and let the agent fill out the appropriate paperwork for you. There's still a lot that you need to know, and a lot that you're going to need to make sure you protect yourself on, especially in regards to earnest money, which with a cash offer is probably going to need to be substantial. If you need somebody to help you with that area, let me know. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 23, 2011
Lonnie Anderson answered:
D. B. Cox Law Group


The best I have ever used and I have done this a long time -- 25+ years
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 17, 2011
Julie Kronenberger asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice