Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in 30328 : Real Estate Advice

  • All32
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying10
  • Home Selling7
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 8
Wed Nov 28, 2012
This was posted in Atlanta GA, so probably not.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Don Tepper answered:
Two options:

First, a Realtor will have access to the MLS. Depending on a number of factors, you may be able to trace the price history back anywhere from 10 to 30 or more years.

Second, most jurisdictions have tax records online. You probably can go online and find recent sales prices. Again, it'll vary regarding how far back you can go. Or, if you go down to the courthouse to look at the paper records, you can go back as far as you want.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 12, 2017
Carla Williams answered:
You can try the secretary of state's website. Also, google. And, if push comes to shove, go and meet the neighbors:0)
0 votes 34 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 8, 2012
Jill Hoover answered:
I would suggest searching some websites for foreclosure listings, and soliciting the agents who have them for sale - to get business. Good Luck!
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 30, 2010
Bill Piper answered:
Talk to your mortgage company about converting the remainder to a signature loan. If they won't cooperate, see if you can get a signature loan where you bank.

One of the mortgage professionals can probably advise you better than I can on your situation.

How about it Mortgage Guys? Got any suggestions?

Good Luck
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 10, 2009
Joshua Jarvis answered:
Seek out a commercial real estate agent like Robert McBride at 770-495-1859. He can give you all the properties that are available and help you negotiate a great deal, one that utilizes your non-profit status (which can be very beneficial).

Unlike residential, commercial properties are not thrown up all over the internet and therefore require a higher degree of expertise.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 21, 2008
Lee Taylor answered:

First things first.

Before you and your Home Inspector, and KB's team, and "another contractor" rely upon untrained speculation, hire a Structural Engineer with a track record in evaluating the dimensional stability of different types of concrete. Spend another $500 and be duly diligent.

That being said, no matter what, KB has a reputation to uphold and will not let a negative engineer's report stand, I'm pretty sure. If you think differently, then so be it. If KB is acting up, then you have recourse through their corporate channels, the Georgia Home Builder's Association, the BBB, etc.

You need a case based on facts and not uncertified speculation. You are probably playing in the greyer areas of "concrete performance" that are specifically defined in your Binding Agreement.

You better have your paperwork tight, if you want this house, or else...

You could just let the $500 go.

Or, do you love, love, love the house? Is it a dreamhome? Are you crestfallen and melancholy over the whole sordid affair? Do you just want the big mean builder to satisfy specific structural concerns and then call it a happy day?

If so, then get your due diligence on.

If not, then come on, $500? If you can let 'em have it, and suffer no penalties, then lose the money and move on.

If you do not understand the consequences of that walkaway move, then consult with a real estate litigator or else hope that you don't get sued for specific performance under a Binding Agreement.

Jenesa - I'm shocked that KB only has $500 Earnest Money on this contract.

KB - if you are reading this, step up your game. Real estate is a serious business.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 26, 2008
Lise Desormeaux answered:
Voice activation systems are often very sensitive and need to be programmed a few times before they work well. Speaking clearly and naturally during set up is critical. For example: you may be trying to speak slowly and loud so the system will understand you and then when you've completed the set up and are attempting to use the system the system does not understand you because you are now in a normal mode. Try redoing the set up with this in mind.

I'm not sure what kind of contract you have, is this a monthly plan? Does the local seller have a repair policy? Or a return policy? How long has it been since you purchased he TV? I am assuming this is on a monthly plan since it appears as though you want to cancel payment to the local seller. In that case there must be a cancellation clause in the contract.

Hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice