Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 28205 : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 62
Fri Nov 2, 2012
Jon Widdifield answered:
It depends on the company that is selling the property. I have heard several different things, I would contact the auction company and ask them.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 16, 2012
dave answered:
Banks ae offering cash for keys. For them it is a win win situation. They are assured you are going to leave the house in a manner that is acceptable ad you receive a little moeny to help you move. I have helped other banks with the program in the past by going to houses and ensuring that the house was as agreed upon and given the homeowner a check for the keys to the house.

Whether you ahve to be out on the eviction date ro not depends on the paperwork from the bank you received...I would call wells fargo and ask them. I would think that you would have to be out on that day but without seeing your paperwork it would be all speculation on mine or anyone's part

it is a common practice; just not one publicly vocalized among the banks....

Dave diCecco
Coldwell Banker United
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 22, 2012
Jon Widdifield answered:
You may want to look into the NODA area.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 18, 2012
Sally Grenier answered:
You'd want to list it for sale the way any property would be listed -- through a REALTOR.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Jon Widdifield answered:
I don't think so, I am more than happy to send you a list of foreclosures if you would like one. A HUD home may also be a good option for you. I am experienced with hud, foreclosures, and short sales. Check the link below for a great site to search for homes. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Scott Lindsley answered:
We work as buyers agents for all types of foreclosure properties. Check out and also our page on Facebook:
There are all types of great options out there. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Debbie and Salvador Arriero answered:
Charlotte is a really great city to live in; we offer so much here. If not are not currently working with a Realtor, I would love to be of assistance. Please visit my website or give me a call so that we can chat.


Debbie Arriero, ABR, CRS, GRI, Broker/Realtor
Arriero Realty
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Abby Nelson answered:
I would have to pull exact address and comps to get a more accurate answer for you. Give me a call or email me and let's talk about submitting an offer.

Abby Nelson
704-890-1860 ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Carmen Hunter White answered:
Hi! You should have received paperwork from the lender also regarding this. You'll need to take several steps. 1. Collect all your letters, etc from the lender and this relocation company. 2. call a professional Realtor with experience in distressed property/short sales - meet with them as there are options available. 3. Move quickly....the closer you get to foreclosure the fewer options you will have.

I have experience with short sales and would be willing to talk with you about your situation and possible solutions.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
Many contracts have a section where you can opt/in or opt-out of Arbitration and Mediation:
If you Opt'ed in, then you will be forced to use it.
If you Opt'ed out, then you can use a Lawyer or Small claims court.

You should be able to get your Deposit bacvk from the Title company, since you are a principal.

All this is irrespective of the question of the "proper procedure while foreclosing":
What does this have to do with you, as long as you will have clear title?

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 16, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Point out to the bank that 70% of all buyers are eliminated due to the condition of the home. This home, apparently, can only be purchased with cash, an FHA 203K loan or, perhaps, a conventional mortgage. Since 70% of buyers are using regular FHA mortgages, the buyer pool for this particular home is vastly reduced. The bank is going to try to minimize their losses and that's fine. You need to base your offer in reality, however, and the reality is buyers for a home such as this are scarce and they will expect some sort of financial incentive for taking on a project of this magnitude.

Investors calculate their offers on these properties by using a formula that goes like this "After fix up value, less cost of repairs, less XX% (financial incentive). As long as your offer includes an incentive that is less than what investors will expect the bank should be thanking you. They won't, but they should be!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Andy Matejka answered:
Perhaps you might consider renting the property?
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
Elizabeth Grillo answered:
Call a good commercial agent Like Greg Godley at Legacy Rel Estate Advisors or John Nichols of the Nichols Group. Those are 2 very good and creative Commercial guys! We residential folks can pull up things from MLS foreclosures included. Most industrial good industrial property like my 1824 N Brevard listing are already priced competitively with distress properties. Godd Luck! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 15, 2012
Lisa Wozniakowski answered:
Are you interested in working for a trash out company, or do you need one to do work for?
It might sound silly, but I would go to These are government owned foreclosures. Search for the area you are interested in, and look at the specific details of some of the homes. It will post contact information on property management. Call these people! They probably did the trash out or hired the people who did the trash out for that specific home.

Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 17, 2011
dave answered:
This is a question you need to ask an attorney...As A Realtor I cannot give you legal advice. However; I think you are asking is that if the bank forecloses or short sales on your primary home can they take your other home to help pay off the difference? if that is the question I am still going to advise you seek the advice of an attorney but tell you from my experience with other transactions I have not seen it done.

Now by no means is that mean it cannot to will not. I do not practice law and thus do not know what the legal ramifications are.....
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 19, 2011
Scott Russo answered:
Hello -

It's my understanding that the foreclosure status does not affect your lease terms. You may want to call a lender to discuss the details as to how this may work.

good luck -
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 10, 2015
Michael Emery answered:
REO is synonymous with being a bank owned home. Some REO real estate agents sell non bank owned homes. But the vast majority of homes that are associated with the REO moniker is a bank owned (foreclosure) home. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 31, 2011
Dan Jones answered:

Access to everything.
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 8, 2011
BG answered:
Tue Feb 15, 2011
Erika Pitman answered:
I can only think of a few to an attorney if you need legal advise on this situation, pay the $180 or move out. A HOA can foreclose on a house (in some cases) if the fees are not paid; consult an attorney if you have questions about your situation.

Best Wishes,
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice