Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

27540 : Real Estate Advice

  • All41
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying30
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 26
Fri Dec 2, 2011
Mike Jaquish answered:
It means you may need legal counsel to tell you the status of your EMD.

Did you give your EMD check to the Listing Agent without a contract?
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 19, 2009
Daniel Eberwein answered:

The NC Turnpike Authority is building that stretch of 540, with construction starting now (contracts were awarded last week I believe, so they are in land acquisition phase) and completion sometime in 2012 according to their website.

The section you are inquiring about is known as the Western Wake Freeway. You can find info on 540 at:

Checking the county GIS maps, the NC Dept of Transportation does own some land surrounding Tuscany. You should hire a Realtor to act as you Buyer's Agent, and they can do the research to help determine where 540 will be in relation to the houses you are looking at.

Please let me know if I can be further assistance.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 5, 2009
Mike Jaquish answered:
Interview a few agents and get input. They should all offer you a "Net Sheet," with a guestimate of what they project you will receive at a projected sales price.
Try to select the most realistic estimated price and net proceeds, and make a determination as to whether the opportunity truly exists for you to reach your goal of selling with adequate proceeds to buy what you want.

Do NOT fall for the highest price and net proceeds out of hope or greed! It must be realistic, or you can harm the sales effort and your final net.

Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 19, 2009
Linda Jandura answered:
Are you currently working with an agent? if not, we can help you find the house you need by creating a search and notifying you whenever a home that meets your needs is listed. Or you can visit our website at
I see that you are in NY. Both my partner Craig Rutman and I are former New Yorkers. Craig is from Long Island and I was raised around the Buffalo area. We specialize in helping people relocating to our are.
please feel free to email us.
Linda Jandura
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 15, 2009
Patti Pereyra answered:
You might try contacting your local planning and zoning department:

Or the Wake County Planning Department:

They have a database with all the ordinances, including those created regarding tree protection.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 19, 2009
Penny Parker answered:
Holly Springs is a very nice area! Close to I-40 to get into Raleigh but still out in the country. Homes are priced quite a bit lower than Raleigh which makes this area a great deal.

It really matters exactly what you are looking for to be able to tell you what homes go for there and what area would be a good fit for you.

Please take a look at my web site and if there is any questions that I can answer, please feel free to contact me.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice