Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in 20164 : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Vivianne Rutkowski answered:
Hello Need Advice,

Realtors can only offer advice and answer real estate related questions. For a legal advice regarding the loan modification, foreclosure, or your divorce you need to seek advice from a lawyer/lawyers.

Good Luck
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 25, 2010
Vicky Chrisner answered:
Do you have an agent? If so, allow your agent to do his job, including educating you on the process (in other words, answering this question). I do not recommend contacting the bank they can not and will not speak to you, but it will take an hour for you to figure that out once you dial their number. Unfortunately, you have agreed in your contract to wait for a period of time to allow them to do whatever they need to do, and I imagine that you did not put in any requirement for them to regularly provide you with updates. I know, you're anxious because you want this home, but unfortunately this isn't your house yet.... because short sales are so "iffy" I always encourage my buyers to keep looking. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 9, 2010
The Spear Realty Group answered:
I am not an attorney nor a tax advisor nor a mortgage advisor. I am a Realtor licensed in the State of Virginia. I would definitely recommend you contact a reputable lender so that you can get sound advice. Let me know if you need some referrals. Understandably, the bank needs to know that the insurance and property taxes are going to be paid so that a lien is not placed on the property. This should not have to involve you nor place you at financial risk. Does the loan currently have an escrow account in place that has been paying taxes and insurance? Is she exempt from paying taxes on this property because of her age? ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 17, 2008
Danilo Bogdanovic answered:
Call Highland Title and Escrow in Ashburn and ask to speak with Michael McFarlane. He's a well respected, experienced and knowledgeable real estate lawyer. The number there is 703.723.3300. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 10, 2007
Glenda Cherry answered:
Hi Nicki,
As real estate agents we can't really characterize areas as being either "good" or "bad" ... after all, it's subjective and means different things to different people. Your best bet is to check the crime statistics for the neighborhood ( and talk with the people who live there. You might try walking around the neighborhood on a nice weekend when people are likely to be outside and strike up a conversation. Neighbors usually love to talk! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice