Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in 19149 : Real Estate Advice

  • All39
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 102
Fri Jun 21, 2013
ShannonNicole answered:
My dad was living in his apartment and using his SSI to pay for rent. Im pretty sure that if you have steady income with SSI, you can tell the rental complex this or apartment, and they will know how to work with you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
TA answered:
depends on the address. Whats the hundred block Taiwo.

Tahsheem Aladean
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 15, 2013
Sarah Scott answered:

The Philadelphia School District has a great tool online for locating schools based on address.
Just type in your address and it will locate all elementary, middle, and high schools.

Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
I'm sure you just cannot "keep" it; it doesn't belong to you.
For any advice, you must contact an Attorney.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Tracy Robinson answered:

The reviews I read were for Cook school located in East Falls from parents that have or had children who attended Cook school. Ten out ten were outstanding reviews l, the parents were/are very happy.

Tracy Robinson-Realtor
62 South Main Street
Yardley, Pa. 19067
Office phone: 215-493-0200 ext 1087
Cell phone: 267-600-8405
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Aug 1, 2013
Eli Qarkaxhia answered:
This property is about 0.8 miles from Main Street Manayunk and walking distance to Mad River Bar. If you any questions regarding the area, feel free to email me at ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 9, 2012
David Siegel answered:
your attorney?
states attorney?
did you pay your bill?
do you have an attorney?
what's the question?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 9, 2012
My NC Homes Team answered:
This is a question bet answered by an estate attorney in your specific State as laws vary from State to State. You may also want to ask the executor of the will.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Nick Sylvestro answered:
I would be glad to help you. I can be reached at 267-228-3910
Nick Sylvestro
Associate Broker
Remax Access
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Philip J. Cunningham Sr answered:
The question is what does the will say you should contact a professional who handles Estates. once you decide who theowner or owners are and what you want to do then please call me.

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152 215-725-5700 X49
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 16, 2014
Rod Kujawa answered:
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Larry Lichtman answered:
Hi Jessica,

Street parking can be tough throughout most Center City neighborhoods.

The benefit to Resident Zoned Parking is that if you live and have your car registered to an address within Zones 1 to 27...? You are able to purchase a Resident Parking Sticker which allows you to park for unrestricted periods of time in those 2-3 hour parking zones. Yes it definitely makes a huge difference.

You can inquire about the zoned parking for any neighborhood at:

Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA)
Main headquarters located at 3101 Market Street.
PPA is the enforcement agency for parking violations in the City of Philadelphia.
The PPA is also responsible for the Residential Parking Permit Program

Good luck with your parking situation.
Please feel free to call me directly if you have any other real Estate related questions.

All the best,

Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell/Text: (267) 254-7994

Real Estate & Insurance
1611 Snyder Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Office: (215) 271-7070
Fax: (215) 271-7071
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Brooke Willmes answered:
A couple options: you can move into Center City and buy/rent a place with parking for yourself and near a garage/lot for parking for a friend. Or you could buy/rent in an area where parking is easier and park on street. Some of these areas will be permit parking and will require your guest to park in a lot anyway. But some of Philly (most of Fishtown/S. Philly) is not metered and doesn't require permits. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Richard Remijas, Jr. answered:
Depends on your credit, the amount that you intend to borrow, and your reserves after closing. Any mortgage loan officer can pre-qualify or pre-approve your lending ability. It is the right thing to do prior to viewing property. Gives you and your agent the range within which you can buy. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 22, 2012
Kathleen Gilmore answered:
Sat Apr 26, 2014
Hannah Angert answered:
Hi Beth,

When an Inspector is conducting a NASHI or NAHI certified Home Inspection, they are bound to very specific terms that include ONLY VISIBLE DAMAGE. If you believe that there may be a structural problem with your property, I suggest that you bring in an engineer who can document the whole situation. Do this within your contingency period.

I like Barry Bornstein, Dan Pressman, and Apex Inspections for this type of inquiry.
For structural engineers I turn to Joe Graci/Franklin Engineering or CKS Structures.

Best of luck,

Hannah Angert, Realtor
(215) 869-9571 or

William Festa Realty
3001 S. Sydenham St.
Philadelphia PA 19145
(215) 271-3000 phone
(215) 271-0988 fax
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 2, 2012
Samantha DeBianchi answered:
I've had clients want second home inspections numerous times. Sometimes it is because the unit is occupied and they want to confirm everything is still the same (from the first inspection) after the occupants are moved out. Other times times it is simply to get a second opinion. Never hurts and can definitely help in the long run. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 30, 2012
Dmytro V. Bova answered:
Well, as far as moving or rehabbing, both could make sense depending on how you feel about it.
If you wish to downsize and cash out by selling your property - perhaps this is a better solution.
Extensive renovation is not an easy task either.
There are a few great lenders I could recommend.
There is also a smaller community bank which portfolios their own mortgages that I would highly recommend speaking to for possibly a more flexible approach to your particular situation.
Please contact me to discuss.
I would be happy to assist you and provide more details.
Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark - The Diamond Group-Real Estate Sales
Main Line Investors Group - Property Management
700 E. Township Line Road, Suite 100
Havertown, PA 19083
Tel: 610-348-8389
Tel: 610-449-1919 x.223
Licensed In Pennsylvania
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Alexander Shulzhenko, ePro answered:
Hello and Welcome to the Community!

Currently FHA offers up to 6% seller's assist which will help cover most of your closing costs. You will still need 3.5% down-payment.

Please give me a call so we can discuss your Real Estate Needs. Here are some of the talking points while discussing a purchase.
* Area where you want to live
* Type of Financing - Getting Pre-approved
* Price of the home - your budget & Monthly Payments

Please call or email me.

Best Regards,

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realty Mark Cityscape
267 738 0886
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice