Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in 19140 : Real Estate Advice

  • All20
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 40
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Bruce Lang answered:
Fri May 15, 2015
Marie Souza Team answered:
Call your local Town Offices. They can walk you through the process, which can be very lengthy. Don't delay, most towns only serve eviction notices on certain days of the month & there are deadlines to file.
The Marie Souza Team – Top Selling on Cape Cod
Cape Cod Real Estate Services
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 30, 2011
Bruce Lang answered:
good luck...i can only suggest you work with an owner and pay for the whole lease up front.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 29, 2012
Dallas Texas answered:
You need have the property documented condition when you moved out in order file small claims

Return of deposit is governed by the executed lease agreement .

I would not wait if you have fulfilled the executed lease then file small claims against property owner.

Make sure you include in the claim copy of certified return receipt and pictures attach the lease highlight area of deposit return

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 28, 2010
David Dorfman answered:
Wed Jul 28, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that much will depend on the location, size, condition, etc.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jul 1, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
Generally (unless otherwise provided) the new purchaser must honor the existing lease.

However, to protect yourself, you can certainly ask the landlord to include a provision in your lease explictly stating that the lease continues.

Check with a lawyer for details.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 7, 2010
Dp2 answered:
Many agents don't know how to do them; however, some who are also investors, or who have been around the block for a while, know how to do them. Regardless, if you can't find one, then approach some of the investors in your area.

Please feel free to contact me.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 19, 2010
Barbara Q. answered:
Rochelle - Read your lease agreement.
#1.) Usually you have a grace period.
#2. ) Rent payments are not tracked on your credit report. Howver, if you rent and you want to buy a home and apply for a mortgage, sometimes lenders require proof of rental history; cancelled checks.

Hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 20, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
I am a real estate consultant work with many investors world wide outside of my own rental properties I own.

BRAVO for you do research prior jumping in purchasing find out you made a huge financial mistake. Many tips make it successful for you.

Contact my office schedule a conference call please have PayPal account established

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 13, 2017
Barbara Smith answered:
If it is currently listed for sale or has ever been listed for sale in the MLS, we can find it that way, it will be in the listing info along with the # of floors and sometimes the rents & other financial info.

If its not listed for sale, just send me the address via email and I can check the public records we have access to online and get you any information I have access to.

Barbara Smith
PA/NJ Licensed Realtor
cell/text: 609-980-7593
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 14, 2009
Bill asked:
Tue Jun 16, 2009
Sean Dawes answered:

Here are all the 2bd rentals in university city area to see what rent is going for

View real estate information
If the above link does not work, copy and paste the link into the address bar of your browser.
This link can be viewed up to 10 times over the next 90 days.

hope this helps

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Christina Arana answered:
I have property avail on S. Robinson Street, rent with option to buy email me
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 16, 2010
Vicky Chrisner answered:
You really need to talk to an attorney - these are legal questions. Most people here are agents or consumers, not in a position to advise you properly.

However, assuming there is some reasonableness test to the laws, my gut tells me that if the landlord is making good efforts to make the repairs, then the tenant needs to just pay. The exception sometimes is if the lack of the repair rendered all or part of the property uninhabitable, and then perhaps an offer of a full or partial credit would be reasonable and would allow the parties to work it out amongst themselves.

I don't know about in your state, but here tenants must pay rent into an escrow account if they want to contest that it is owed, they can't just withhold it. Check your local tenant landlord laws - Google will bring you lots of information, or you can call the local tenant landlord office, there is one in most counties.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 23, 2015
Jeff K answered:
That's a really good question ... I would think the answer is yes but I'm really not sure. Perhaps it simply depends on what it says in the lease? Of course, even if they are 'required' - ... these can be the cheapest $5 blinds possible. And if there is no mention of them at all, then your landlord might try and stick you for them when you move out, claiming they were there the whole time. It's best to get everything in writing of course.

I installed nice curtains for the condo that I've been renting (but I'll also be taking them with me to my new house) - and I've got the receipts to prove that I bought them ....
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 27, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:

We are sorry for your must feel helpless.

Our recommendation is to offer your landlord a possible solution which is to offer to new carpet installed and paid for from your rent. Offer to take the initiative and get it done for him. All he has to do is concent to accepting the rent being used to pay for the carpet. We suggest getting permission in the form of a written statement. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Chris and Stephanie Somers answered:
Disston Management Company may be able to provide you with that service. Call 215-400-2600 and ask the office manager what their direct number is. I do not know it off hand. Our office is located in 19134 and we refer them a decent amount of local business.

Additionally, if you have a Realtor, you can ask them if they will do that for you. Chris and I do not typically do rentals except for clients who have bought or sold properties with us. We prepare custom leases, pull credit, advertise and show rentals for a handfull of clients. The process is time consuming, requires knowledge of the rental market, and the ability to qualify and screen applicants. For us, we can only personally prepare the contracts for high-end rentals. A management company like Disston may be better suited for your needs.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 19, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
YES if your lease is expiring landlord and adjust rent at any price. Many properties owners residential or commercial have huge tax bills due to all foreclosures even I have had huge jumps in my leases after expiration. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 25, 2008
Chris and Stephanie Somers answered:
Is it one house of many in a development ? Or is just one house that stands alone ? Also, is it a house or a new condo development ? If it is a house, is it brand new construction or a rehab ? You can certainly contact your landlord your clarification. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice